Author Topic: Ask JTF For April 13 Broadcast  (Read 13468 times)

admin

Ask JTF For April 13 Broadcast
« on: April 08, 2007, 02:00:41 PM »
BS"D

Note To All Posters: Only one post per person is permitted. Please make it a single, short question.

Chaim would love to answer all of your great questions but (unfortunately due to the number of questions and time constraints), if there is more than one short question, it will have to be moved to The Future Ask JTF Section. We apologize for this inconvenience and only wish that every person has a chance to be heard on the show.

Or course, comments not directed to Chaim will be moved into a separate thread under The General Discussion.

Chaim has stated that only one short question or comment per poster will be answered. Please remember that even with these rules, the program is over 2 hours long every week! If you want to post a longer question, unfortunately, Chaim may or may not be able to answer it in it's entirety. In this case, you may copy and paste parts of your question for the following week.

Thank you for your kindness and respect regarding these rules.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

BS"D

Chag Pesach Sameach,

Yes, I eat a lot of tomatoes and I love tomatoes.

I am going to make a duck for the seder this year. My question is about your Passover diet. Last year you said that you no longer eat kitniyot on Passover. When you did eat kitniyot on Passover, did that include corn and beans because some Sfaradim eat kitniyot but they don't eat corn? Some just eat rice but don't eat corn or beans. I eat all kitniyot on Passover. There is a rabbi in Israel who is on The Sanhedrin who ruled that all Jews in Israel can eat kitniyot, because the prohibition is part of The Exile. When you are able to make aliyah, will you follow his ruling? And finally, what is your Seder meal like and what is your average meal like on Passover? Where do you have your seder and with whom?

Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim,
Chief Administrator.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 05:12:13 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »

Offline TorahZionist

• Pro JTFer
Re: Ask JTF For April 13 Broadcast
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 07:26:26 AM »
I'm posting this for Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim.

Do you think Rambam Hospital in Haifa should bare Rambam's name? Is it a good hospital? It probably also treats Arabs but it is a government hospital, not a "Jewish Federation" hospital like the American hospital named after him. I know you probably think it should be privatized. Am I correct?

« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 09:48:53 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 12:45:54 PM »
Dear Chaim,

How would you go about taking back the Sinai?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 09:26:53 PM by דוד בן זאב אריה »
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 01:33:06 PM »
    Shalom Chaim,

From a Judaism perspective,    what is the view of Organ Donation.    Both in terms of when a person is alive  and after a person passes away?
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 01:56:14 PM »
Shalom Chaim

"Ebony and ivory live together in perfect harmony. Side by side on my piano-keyboard; Oh Lord, why don't we? 
We all know that people are the same where ever you go.
There is good and bad and everyone has to learn to live;
Learn to give each other what we need to survive together ALIVE."

also

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

Ha!...one problem! Chaim, we all agree with these statements and lyrics! However one statement doesn't address how to deal with evil behavior and the other statement mentions the judgement of one's character!  We do that; We judge the content of peoples' characters and we are still labled racists when we do that!!!  It's funny and ridiculous at the same time!!!!  Chaim, JTF is the only answer!  Gd bless! Happy Pesach!

Dr. Dan

(as far as my "Ask Dr. Dan" thread, it's in the Jewish Dating section and I give love advice as kosherly as possible)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 02:13:27 AM by Dr. Dan »
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 01:58:59 PM »
Chaim,

A couple weeks ago the story of Noah and Ham was raised, and you gave an explanation which I found quite shocking although, admittedly, I am no Torah scholar. It just seemed too bizarre [someone homosexually raping their father]. So I started to research the topic and came upon another explanation in which "uncovering one's nakedness" is also used to indicate sexual relations, but rather was a transgression against Noah's wife or concubine. The support for this meaning is the following "You shall not uncover the nakedness of your father's wife; it is your father's nakedness. (Lev. 18:8 )" This explanation would also explain the curse upon Canaan for it is mentioned that Ham is the father of Canaan precisely when describing this sin; it is implied that Canaan is the son of Ham via his transgression with Noah's mate. Have you heard this explanation before; if not, could you ask a Rabbi who's opinion you respect?

A link to the entire explanation is the following: http://www.lumengentleman.com/content.asp?id=158

Thank you again.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 01:00:24 PM by rellikmilsum »

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 01:59:27 PM »
Dear Chaim, why is everything nowadays foreign-made? Fewer products are being made here in the US. Like for example you have toys and video game consoles that say "Made in China" television sets that say "Made in Mexico" or shoes that say "Made in Vietnam." So my question is why almost none of these products say "Made in America"?

« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 02:06:29 PM by Blastaway »
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline 2honest

• Senior JTFer
  • MayIsraelPrevail
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2008, 02:08:42 PM »
Hello Chaim,
if I got it right you would like to make Sinai and the Golan Heights a part of the state of Israel.

Is it necessary for security reasons only or are there also religious issues behind this idea?

Thanks for your time,
2honest

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2008, 02:22:42 PM »
Greetings Chaim. I was wondering if you see the Rothschilds and Bildebergers as threats to Western civilization and/or to Israel's survival, and if so what should be done to stop them? You said conspiracy theorists usually get things wrong, but I'm not sure what to think about these people in particular.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 02:26:34 PM by Rubystars »

Offline IslamIsCancer

• Master JTFer
  • My name is Stalinashvili.
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2008, 02:39:12 PM »
Hello Chaim,
When you become the PM of Israel, I'm sure you will make it an Islam-free zone where Korans and mosques and muezzins are banned for good.
After this is done, will you allow atheists, Christians, Hindus or Buddhists live in Israel? Will you allow Jews to marry non-Jews?
Or will you pass laws that forbid interreligious marriages. Not that I have the right to tell you how to run your own country but I have some relatives and acquaintances in different countries that married Jewish men and women and they are very happy families.
Thanks for answering my previous questions  O0

« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 04:03:06 PM by IslamIsCancer »
Free Javakh!!!
I defecate on Stalin's grave.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2008, 02:43:19 PM »
Shalom Chaim,

Why is it that in most marriages (even the most G-dly religious ones) the husband has a substantially greater sex drive than the wife? Do you think this is a consequence of Adam and Eve's sin or what?

G-d bless you, Chaimfan

Offline Ben Ish Chai

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2008, 03:50:53 PM »
Shalom Chaim,

I was watching some heroic and inspriational videos of Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L HY"D, and one of his detractors claimed his opinions and policies to be those of a "typical Galut Jew".  I have seen this accusation thrown around many times to discredit the opinions of American born or educated Jews; why is there this belief that Galut Jews are so extreme and hawkish, even when there is are many right-wing Jews in Israel; is it a way for leftist politicians to claim these policies to be "un-Israeli"?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 09:36:40 PM by Ben Ish Chai »

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2008, 03:53:07 PM »
How is Israpedia going?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 02:40:18 PM by Nic Brookes »

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2008, 05:07:40 PM »
Hello Chaim,

I heard it mentioned here that you might know "Adam" personally.  This Adam character goes on just about every video on youtube of Rabbi Kahane ZT"L and any blog or mention of Kahane and just slanders him with the most despicably evil rantings, and spams in order to persuade people not to listen to Rav Kahane.  Do you know this guy, and what exactly is his problem?  (this terrible animal 'Adam' has even CURSED the Rav and his wife, and he called Kahane 'evil' and other terrible names!!!)

Yacov adds: The Adam in question is Adam613 and thinks JTF is against men and that you and I are womanizers. He hates the righteous women of JTF such as Lisa and Mills and says Lisa was appointed because of "affirmative action for women". Lisa banned him a while back.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 10:53:06 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2008, 09:03:35 PM »
  Hello Chaim,

Can you please explain to some members what 'Love thy enemy' means as a Jewish concept, if any?

Thanks Dan
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 05:52:09 PM by Danstx19 »

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2008, 11:19:59 PM »
Dear Chaim,

What do you think of arranged assimilated mixed marriages between people? I would think this in the long run, destroys the righteous culture and peoples of that country. Assimilation into another foreign culture is one of the worst things that can happen to righteous cultures in my opinion.

G-d bless,

-JTFFan

Offline dgw16

• New JTFer
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2008, 12:31:02 AM »
Dear Chaim,

Why do you think the Ethiopian Jews have had such a difficult time adapting to life in Israel?

Thank you.

G-d Bless!

Daniel

newman

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2008, 12:32:47 AM »
Shalom, Chaim.

Hypothetical question:

You become PM of Israel in five years time (G-d willing). For the next five years your government endures endless criticism and condemnation from self-hating Jews in europe. Five years after that the steadily increasing anti-semitism in europe reaches critical mass and european Jews must again flee.

My question is, do you allow them into Israel and get a swag of leftist voters who'll vote against you or do you leave them to a self-imposed fate at the hands of europe's muSSlim-nazis who they always support?

Toda,

Newman.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 05:50:12 AM by newman »

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2008, 05:59:50 AM »
Dear Chaim,

Over the last year I have seen the face of Australia change, now I see Iranians, Iraqis, Lebanese, and Arabs, in ever increasing numbers in our cities. At the same time, many single Jewish families are going underground hiding their beliefs, not wearing skullcaps or the Star of David. Even a popular temple in a country area, only one that services many country Jews, is limited access now.

What do you think makes Gentiles support these other Middle Easterners, and then openly be harsh to Jews?

Thank you.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 08:58:38 AM by Fidei defensor »

Offline Maimonides

• Pro JTFer
  • The Greatest Jewish Sage
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2008, 11:25:08 AM »
Shalom Chaim and Thank you as always for your hard work and answering my questions.

When a Kahanist government takes over in Israel how will it implement its plans when the U.S. government will do everything to undermine it such as cutting off its jet fuel supply?

It seems that a Kahanist government would first have to make sure Israel is completely independent from the rest of the world before it implements its agenda.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 02:27:54 PM by Maimonides »
“You must accept the truth from whatever source it comes”- Maimonides

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2008, 12:41:47 PM »
How do you think the Israeli government should deal with the situation of the captive soldiers such as Shalit and Goldwasser.   It seems that like the shelling of Sderot the government has just told the people to learn to live with it.  How would a Kahanist government or even a government led by less capitulationists such as Eldad, Eitam or even Nethanyahu deal with it?
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2008, 10:59:32 PM »
Dear Chaim

Since you know i am Croatian do you ever think that Serbia and Croatia will have enough of the Muslims the flood into their countries and join together and wipe out every last Muslim in the Balkans? The reason i am asking this is because the town i am from rather live with Serbs because the Muslims that flooded into my town destroyed everything and when you look at the local news there the Muslims Gypsies that commit the crime on the elderly are starting to mysteriously dissapear . ;D ;D
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 11:44:39 PM by Americanhero »

Offline YESHA

• Pro JTFer
  • I love our Yesha residents - Judea & Samaria.
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2008, 08:45:39 AM »
Dear Reb Chaim, shilita,

Is their heter to shave during the Yamei Sefirat Ha’Omer – the shiva shavuot – or the shalosh shavuot – or the “three weeks” period. Can we be meikel for Shabbat and shave on Friday? Todah! Zev.

Chag Pesach Kasher Ve'Samea'ch!

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2008, 12:10:14 PM »
Hello Chaim

The Olympics will be held this summer in Communist China, do you think it would of been good that the U.S. and all nations that believe in living in a free society ban or boycot the games being held in Bejing? 
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline zoidberg

• New JTFer
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2008, 07:18:21 PM »
Shalom Mr Ben Pesach,

How are the Sephardim treated in atheist Israel, is it true that Ashkenazim (“observant” as well as atheist) discriminate against them?

Toda rabba