Author Topic: A video of me wearing Tfillin  (Read 10107 times)

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: A video of me wearing Tfillin
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2008, 06:07:37 PM »
when I posted that link with a wink, it was purely because it was funny. And it was intended to be seen with some maturity.

This whole thread, with a video of you or your friend putting on teffilin, is ridiculous.    Jews keep judaism and non-jews don`t. The Torah is our inheritance and our betrothed. We don`t go teaching non-jews how a jew prays.  There is no point.  Infact, it can end up creating people like that black preacher, who learnt how to say the first line of the shema from some cuckoo jew.   

Actually my intention of that video was not to show people how to pray. I made a video that i wanted to send to a girl that I'm dating since she loves it. But i coudlnt' email it. the only thing i coudl do is upload it on youtube and send her the link.

Don't care if someone imitates Jews on how we pray. Big deal.  We are supposed to be light unto othe rnations..not a secret society.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2008, 06:23:45 PM »
YUP!It meant alot to me! >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2008, 06:31:23 PM »
Have you noticed the comments:

sexyboyok (2 months ago) Show Hide
0 Poor comment Good comment
Marked as spam
Reply | Spam
I undersand but I have never ever seen nothing like this.I didnt know that Jews worshiped with music.I am Baptist and i live in Ohio but I was torn in between the two to become a jew or stay wat I am. The reasin why I stayed because I ove to shout but i Didnt know jews shouted and I am black to

MinisterFields (2 months ago) Show Hide
 -2 Poor comment Good comment
Marked as spam
Reply | Spam
Well you can become a true jew, what part of Ohio are you in? it is possible that we have an assemble near you.

MinisterFields (3 months ago) Show Hide
Marked as spam
Reply | Spam
We are followers of the scriptures, and we are beliver of the apostles doctrine. We also belive that YAHAWAHSHA BEN YOSEF is the messaiah of Israel, savior and redeemer of the world and soon coming king.

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2008, 06:53:01 PM »
Have you noticed the comments:

sexyboyok (2 months ago) Show Hide
0 Poor comment Good comment
Marked as spam
Reply | Spam
I undersand but I have never ever seen nothing like this.I didnt know that Jews worshiped with music.I am Baptist and i live in Ohio but I was torn in between the two to become a jew or stay wat I am. The reasin why I stayed because I ove to shout but i Didnt know jews shouted and I am black to

MinisterFields (2 months ago) Show Hide
Marked as spam
Reply | Spam
Well you can become a true jew, what part of Ohio are you in? it is possible that we have an assemble near you.

MinisterFields (3 months ago) Show Hide
Marked as spam
Reply | Spam
We are followers of the scriptures, and we are beliver of the apostles doctrine. We also belive that YAHAWAHSHA BEN YOSEF is the messaiah of Israel, savior and redeemer of the world and soon coming king.

thank you...so it's one of those Black Hebro movements...Flick them!
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2008, 10:20:52 AM »
when I posted that link with a wink, it was purely because it was funny. And it was intended to be seen with some maturity.

This whole thread, with a video of you or your friend putting on teffilin, is ridiculous.    Jews keep judaism and non-jews don`t. The Torah is our inheritance and our betrothed. We don`t go teaching non-jews how a jew prays.  There is no point.  Infact, it can end up creating people like that black preacher, who learnt how to say the first line of the shema from some cuckoo jew.   

Actually my intention of that video was not to show people how to pray. I made a video that i wanted to send to a girl that I'm dating since she loves it. But i coudlnt' email it. the only thing i coudl do is upload it on youtube and send her the link.

Don't care if someone imitates Jews on how we pray. Big deal.  We are supposed to be light unto othe rnations..not a secret society.

We don`t teach non-jews how jews pray.  Teaching that, has nothing to do with being a light to the nations.  And not teaching that, does not make you a "secret society".

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2008, 10:56:30 AM »

We don`t teach non-jews how jews pray.  Teaching that, has nothing to do with being a light to the nations.  And not teaching that, does not make you a "secret society".

SPecifically I agree..and I guess I misunderstood your comment before.  Jews do not need to show non Jews how they pray if they don't ask to know about it.  But if one asks especially for educational purposes, I think it should be permitted to show how Jews pray and define the meaning of the prayers. 

I also think that videos of how Jews are supposed to pray to counter argue the cuckoos who claim to be Jews and really aren't is a necessary thing for education so that those who don't know Jews or have preconceived notions of them understand who we are.

In the end, whoever is determined to hate Jews will find any reason he can to hate us.  However, there are others who see the light when they really see what a realy Jew does and what he really is.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 10:59:08 AM by Dr. Dan »

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2008, 04:28:23 PM »
"But if one asks especially for educational purposes, I think it should be permitted to show how Jews pray and define the meaning of the prayers. "

Halachically no. Jews can teach others the Hebrew language, and the 7 laws, but shouldn't get involved with Torah Shebal Pe or Torah Shebechtav. - This is different of-course where you have a forum or video's online and both Jews and non-Jews could read or listin (as long as your addressing Jews, the fact that others will see is not your responsibility, its between them and G-d.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2008, 05:57:34 PM »
"But if one asks especially for educational purposes, I think it should be permitted to show how Jews pray and define the meaning of the prayers. "

Halachically no. Jews can teach others the Hebrew language, and the 7 laws, but shouldn't get involved with Torah Shebal Pe or Torah Shebechtav. - This is different of-course where you have a forum or video's online and both Jews and non-Jews could read or listin (as long as your addressing Jews, the fact that others will see is not your responsibility, its between them and G-d.

thank you, i didn't know this...

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2008, 09:43:05 PM »
Oral Torah, no. 

Written Torah - the parts related to noachides. 

But as Tzvi said, this is a forum with jews and gentiles....

But in the case of a video of you or your friend putting on teffilin, that is of  little or  no  use to jews.  If a Jew did not learn to put on teffilin, or never learnt,  he wouldn`t learn from your video.  If there was a jew that really didn`t know, then it would warrant a clearer video, or better, a proper "hands on" teacher.

Offline takebackourtemple

• Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2008, 10:47:22 PM »
Amen.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2008, 11:58:35 PM »
Oral Torah, no. 

But in the case of a video of you or your friend putting on teffilin, that is of  little or  no  use to jews.  If a Jew did not learn to put on teffilin, or never learnt,  he wouldn`t learn from your video.  If there was a jew that really didn`t know, then it would warrant a clearer video, or better, a proper "hands on" teacher.

I think you are correct. like i said, i made the video for the girl I am seeing who actually encouraged me to put tfillin on. Had no way of emailing it so i made a youtube video and sent it to her that way.  (so you know it's me and not my friend :) ).  I wanted to send this link to all of you to enjoy...Not to show off or anything..Just like many JTFers will do videos about JTF, i might as well do something i'm comfortable with..me saying the Shema.  Is there any objection to that? If it is wrong, I'll remove the video from youtube.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2008, 12:44:46 AM »
You look great in the vid dan. I am sure the girl will like it hehe. Maybe I should start putting tefillin on. I will try. The truth is the only exposure I have to religious judaism is jtf.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2008, 07:34:36 AM »
You look great in the vid dan. I am sure the girl will like it hehe. Maybe I should start putting tefillin on. I will try. The truth is the only exposure I have to religious judaism is jtf.

she might be in love with me for all I know because she loved it and was blushing while she was watching it.  Do you have tifillin to wear?

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2008, 07:35:36 AM »
btw, come to think of it

this video can be used as a protest type video to all the haters out there...that we pray to Gd and tell Him that He is One and Forever.  And that we have faith in Him.

Offline takebackourtemple

• Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2008, 09:06:05 PM »
You reminded me to put my Tfillin on today.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2008, 09:19:59 PM »

As with Tefillin and other things, its very advisable to have a sort of journal, where you make a graph, with date and a colume for things like Tefillin, prayer, or anything else you want and after you do it daily you just check it off. Every day you do it, you make a check for yourself (this applies not only to Tefillin, but for anything that one is trying to do daily and accomplish, eahc person on his level). Also do more then one thing, so that you would allways have that book inmind, and when for example you check for another mitzva, if G-d forbid you gorgot Tefillin, if its before sundown you just quickly put it on and do the Mitzva.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2008, 12:56:33 AM »

As with Tefillin and other things, its very advisable to have a sort of journal, where you make a graph, with date and a colume for things like Tefillin, prayer, or anything else you want and after you do it daily you just check it off. Every day you do it, you make a check for yourself (this applies not only to Tefillin, but for anything that one is trying to do daily and accomplish, eahc person on his level). Also do more then one thing, so that you would allways have that book inmind, and when for example you check for another mitzva, if G-d forbid you gorgot Tefillin, if its before sundown you just quickly put it on and do the Mitzva.

Usually I don't just do the Shema either:

1.I do the opening prayer of Torah Knowledge
2. The blessings
3. Barukh Sheemar
4. Ashrei
5. Yishibakh sheemkha malkeynu
6. Avat raba avtanu
7. Shema
8. Mi khamokha
9. Amida
10. Aleinu

takes between 15-20 minutes. And after awhile, you kind of memorize it..so as you say one word, you automatically know the next 10 words.

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2008, 01:06:15 AM »
Shalom!
wayne jude

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2008, 03:01:02 PM »

it is very impressive that you do that.

reminds me of one of seinfeld`s productivity tip(I read on lifehacker site). He said that when working on something, put a tick on each day of the calendar that you work on it.  And don`t break the chain!

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2008, 03:07:50 PM »
Oral Torah, no. 

I think the video might encourage those who know how to put it on to do it. OR those who do it regularly to love it more.