Poll

What are your thoughts on people who own Nazi surplus firearms?

It's just a peice of history, who cares?
16 (50%)
Owning Nazi firearms are fine, but the swastika on the weapons is not and should be removed
6 (18.8%)
Dude are you freakin insane?! Nobody should own a weapon made by the Nazis swastika or not!
5 (15.6%)
Jews shouldn't own any weapons with swastikas on them, but it's ok if others do
1 (3.1%)
Other
4 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Your thoughts on Nazi surplus firearms with the swastika & people who own them?  (Read 39440 times)

Offline Еврей

• Senior JTFer
As others have said Jews used ex-Nazi rifles to win the war of Independence.

It's not the weapon their using, but the cause they're fighting for I care about!  ;)

If this post is aimed at me then I would ask you to reread all of my posts in this thread.
You are saying what I have been saying minus the reason why I would not chose to own a weapon
of that era.

I'm starting to wonder if I am being mocked.

I wasn't attempting to mock you in any way, shape, or form.
To be honest, I actually didn't read your previous posts on this thread.
"My name is Daniel Pearl. I am a Jewish American"
"My family follows Judaism. We've made numerous family visits to Israel."
~Daniel Pearl

"We are a small nation, but strong."
~Moshe Dayan

"First of all, Arafat is wrong. Jerusalem is Israel's capital, will never be divided, and will remain the capital of the State of Israel, the capital of the Jewish people, for ever and ever. "
~Benjamin Netanyahu

ביחד נשרוד, לחוד ניפול
Together we survive, apart we fall
~Subliminal

Offline Michael T.

• New JTFer
I am 3/4 American Indian, and as was mentioned earlier in this thread the swastika was used by many of the tribes for more than a thousand years before Hitler got a hold of it.  In 1945, native craftsmen held a meeting and voted unanimously to discontinue the use of that symbol because of its use in Nazi Germany.  I agree with them, personally if I owned such a weapon, I would remove the symbol and replace it something different. 

newman

I am 3/4 American Indian, and as was mentioned earlier in this thread the swastika was used by many of the tribes for more than a thousand years before Hitler got a hold of it.  In 1945, native craftsmen held a meeting and voted unanimously to discontinue the use of that symbol because of its use in Nazi Germany.  I agree with them, personally if I owned such a weapon, I would remove the symbol and replace it something different. 
Defacing a collectable rifle of original marks lowers it's value by half.

Offline Michael T.

• New JTFer

Defacing a collectable rifle of original marks lowers it's value by half.

That is true.  But then, I'm not a collector and prefer to keep guns for more practical reasons.

Offline unkindlyskydiver

• New JTFer
If a person wants to own them fine. It's his or her choice. However, me personally I am a gun person; NRA Life Member.
But that nazi crap gives me the creeps. I realize it does have collectible possibilities.  And for those willing to invest "go for it."
For me I will pass on it. However give me a good MG42 yeah, I could get into that. Have to admit I still have a P-08 Luger my father brought home from WW2. No war stories to go with it. My cousin still has the kraut helmet.
Dad kept the Luger and gave the helmet to my cousin, he was the oldest kid at the time in the family.

Offline Dont Tread on Me

• New JTFer
I have nazi marked stuff that was brought back by my family from WWII. To me seeing the Nazi eagle is a reminder of what a rogue nation can do if left unchecked. It's a reminder of why we need to control the arabs, and why appeasement never works.

My K98 has the Eagles ground off since it is an import. It is a fine weapon of good construction, but in reality it is just a weapon. Where I cross the line is the K98's bearing the marks of camp construction. I will never pay money for anything built by the hands of enslaved Jewish people; to me that is the same as accepting the enslavement, and is completely and utterly disrespectful. As for the regular K98's, it's not the weapon, but the manner in which it is utilized, and the measure of the man that is using it.

If I were Jewish, I would still own it, but I would certainly grind the eagles off, and I'd probably have the star stamped on it in defiance. Your own partisan K98 of sorts.

Offline Dont Tread on Me

• New JTFer
One thing to consider, Mercedes-Benz, Krupp, BMW, and Porsche all built machines for the Nazis. How do you feel about owning these?

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
I collect a lot of artifacts. I have a coouple of Nazi stamped rifles, SS and KAPO armbands, patches, a copy of Mein Kampf from 1939. I don't glorify them, I consider them just that, inanimate artifacts. In the hands of evil people they were horrible tools and weapons. I also have a sailor's cap from the SS Liberty in which 34 sailors died when fired upon by Israeli forces in 1967. It's an artifact. Does this make sense?
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
I collect a lot of artifacts. I have a coouple of Nazi stamped rifles, SS and KAPO armbands, patches, a copy of Mein Kampf from 1939. I don't glorify them, I consider them just that, inanimate artifacts. In the hands of evil people they were horrible tools and weapons. I also have a sailor's cap from the SS Liberty in which 34 sailors died when fired upon by Israeli forces in 1967. It's an artifact. Does this make sense?

I have a WW2 Trench knife Real not fake though I have WW1 as well

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
i collect antique things i have An America Bayonet from 1918 and a paratrooper knife from WW2 i also have a High ranking Soviet officers Navel Dagger and an American Trench knife from 1918 as well

I don't own any Nazi marked weapons myself, but I have shot a friends Mauser KAR98 and it had a US armory stamp on the barrel. It also had the eagle with the swastika intact and it was in really good condition. It was used in Stalingrad, there was a bunch of scratches near the stock, looked like the soldier who was carrying it ended up getting shot and landed on the stock or something in some rubble.

It was 8mm, very accurate rifle, smooth action and well built.

I had this discussion with a Jewish friend of mine about shooting the rifle and he felt very...emotional about the idea that I was shooting a weapon made in Nazi Germany and had said "How do you know that weapon wasn't used to kill fellow Jews in a concentration camp?" I responded saying "The 3rd reich is dead, this weapon may have once been used for evil, but now it is being used for good, who's hands do you prefer it in?" he didn't like the response, but I have the understanding that we have used many designs from the Nazis to advance and perfect our lifestyle. We used experimentation results from the Japanese and allowed their generals to escape without prosecution for medical advances, we used Wernher von Braun for use of rockets to compete with the Soviets, our helmets derive from the older German Nazi helmets, and the MG42 is still considered one of the best machine gun designs ever made. It may not seem morally right, but I guess this is not really a debate about survival and using what you can, rather Jewish and Gentile view of ownership of such weapons and how they are marked?

I like to collect weapons because I feel I am owning a piece of history, others may not feel the same and that is why I would like to hear their responses and why they feel that way.

I have a 22 G. SemiAutomatic. I can shoot straight if I dont have to shoot too far.......
  I also have a 13th century sword. It is heavy..it is SCARY looking.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
One thing to consider, Mercedes-Benz, Krupp, BMW, and Porsche all built machines for the Nazis. How do you feel about owning these?
How about owning an IBM-machine?! Or a Ford?

They all supported Hitler.
Even Bush' grandfather supported adolf.
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
I have choosen the second answer.

I really don't care who made the weapon. The only important thing is the function.

But I would remove the Swastika with an angle grinder. It is not righteous to have a Swastika on your property.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
I went down to the pawn shop a few days ago and saw a Mauser Kar98 for 240 dollars with a US armory stamp on it, it looks like a number of the rifles were captured by US and Russians, the wood was slightly damaged (looked like it had been dropped or the Nazi soldier was shot and landed on the stock of the rifle). It has the eagle with the swastika on the receiver.

I know that a lot of US soldiers took these rifles home as trophies, there are also a number of KAR98's with the swastika etched off or completely removed, I seen a few Serbian copies. I don't think I could deface a rifle because it is a piece of history, and is symbolic of me using the enemies gun. I think if we were in a situation where we were fighting against the Nazis and we picked up a Nazi weapon, we would not worry about removing a symbol but using the weapon to fight against the enemy.

However defacing/removing a symbol is not uncommon or unheard of either, it's strange in a way that people do not feel the same way about the Communist sickle/hammer as they do about the swastika. Many AK47's/SKS from communist countries bear the star with the sickle/hammer and are not defaced.

I think as long as it is for historical purposes and what not, it is fine, but not for Germany to start putting new weapons out with the swastika, that would be stupid.

You know the Japanese, before they were captured or would kill themselves, on the Arisaka rifle, they had a emblem of the "mum" (the imperial flower symbol), and the rifle was considered property of the emperor, before they were captured, they would take a file and try to destroy or deface the symbol as it was considered dishonorable for the Americans to have possession of the emperors property, these are highly valued war trophies today and even the Arisakas with the mum intact are highly valued compared to those that have been defaced. in 50 years, these weapons will be very hard to find.

But anyways, from a perspective, it is true that Adolf Hitler loved the KAR98 and highly despised the STG44, at least at first. The KAR98 while a great rifle, perhaps one of the best bolt action rifles in history, I think US had a large advantage by equipping soldiers with the M1 Carbine and M1 Garand being semi automatic. KAR98 probably made a better sniper rifle. The STG44 was developed in secret without Hitlers knowledge and he was not satisfied with it at first and by the time the Nazis were equipped with it, was already too late to make much of a difference. STG44's are pretty hard to find in the US although I have seen them appear in Africa in VERY small numbers, I wonder how they ended up in Africa anyways? I'd think finding ammo for it would be pretty hard.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 02:54:34 PM by מאיר כהן »

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
I went down to the pawn shop a few days ago and saw a Mauser Kar98 for 240 dollars with a US armory stamp on it, it looks like a number of the rifles were captured by US and Russians, the wood was slightly damaged (looked like it had been dropped or the Nazi soldier was shot and landed on the stock of the rifle). It has the eagle with the swastika on the receiver.

I know that a lot of US soldiers took these rifles home as trophies, there are also a number of KAR98's with the swastika etched off or completely removed, I seen a few Serbian copies. I don't think I could deface a rifle because it is a piece of history, and is symbolic of me using the enemies gun. I think if we were in a situation where we were fighting against the Nazis and we picked up a Nazi weapon, we would not worry about removing a symbol but using the weapon to fight against the enemy.

However defacing/removing a symbol is not uncommon or unheard of either, it's strange in a way that people do not feel the same way about the Communist sickle/hammer as they do about the swastika. Many AK47's/SKS from communist countries bear the star with the sickle/hammer and are not defaced.

I think as long as it is for historical purposes and what not, it is fine, but not for Germany to start putting new weapons out with the swastika, that would be stupid.

You know the Japanese, before they were captured or would kill themselves, on the Arisaka rifle, they had a emblem of the "mum" (the imperial flower symbol), and the rifle was considered property of the emperor, before they were captured, they would take a file and try to destroy or deface the symbol as it was considered dishonorable for the Americans to have possession of the emperors property, these are highly valued war trophies today and even the Arisakas with the mum intact are highly valued compared to those that have been defaced. in 50 years, these weapons will be very hard to find.

I agree with you i own a couple of items from that period with the swastika and others with the sickle&hammer i would never deface them for one they lose there value and they are apart of history

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer

I agree with you i own a couple of items from that period with the swastika and others with the sickle&hammer i would never deface them for one they lose there value and they are apart of history

Right, I know that many people will feel very emotional however regardless if it's a piece of history or a reproduction/replica. I do not have any respect for reproductions or replicas because they are not originals and they are made to appeal to neo nazis, however something like an original SS knife or Hitlers Youth is considered valuable to some war relic collectors. But at the same time, this is very disturbing to many Jews (and I can feel sympathy as well being Jewish) that Nazi relics have value or are highly sought after. I'm not sure I understand that myself, I am not particularly attracted to Nazi relic, but rather anything in regards to World War II. If I can find British Enfield rifles, the M1 Garand, MG42, helmets, anything, then I will collect it because I find history very fascinating.

If one of our grandfathers had fought in the war against the Nazis, and they brought back a rifle to pass down to you or grandchildren, I wonder how the grandfather would feel if his children were to deface the rifle even if the symbol is evil?

I think the swastika in this case is nothing more but a symbol frozen in time.

It cannot be disputed that the KAR98 is a very fine made weapon, there are many versions not made just in Germany, but Belgium, Czech, and few other versions. I think Israelis had their own versions too that were rechambered to 7.62x51

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere

Right, I know that many people will feel very emotional however regardless if it's a piece of history or a reproduction/replica. I do not have any respect for reproductions or replicas because they are not originals and they are made to appeal to neo nazis, however something like an original SS knife or Hitlers Youth is considered valuable to some war relic collectors. But at the same time, this is very disturbing to many Jews (and I can feel sympathy as well being Jewish) that Nazi relics have value or are highly sought after. I'm not sure I understand that myself, I am not particularly attracted to Nazi relic, but rather anything in regards to World War II. If I can find British Enfield rifles, the M1 Garand, MG42, helmets, anything, then I will collect it because I find history very fascinating.

If one of our grandfathers had fought in the war against the Nazis, and they brought back a rifle to pass down to you or grandchildren, I wonder how the grandfather would feel if his children were to deface the rifle even if the symbol is evil?

It cannot be disputed that the KAR98 is a very fine made weapon, there are many versions not made just in Germany, but Belgium, Czech, and few other versions. I think Israelis had their own versions too that were rechambered to 7.62x51

All my items are all real i dont buy repos unless the item i want is very very very hard to find

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
The 98K is very popular under hunters.

They sell old weapons today in Germany with a reduced magazine to three bullets because of the weapon law.

I think there is nothing wrong with this. Of course without swastika.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer

All my items are all real i dont buy repos unless the item i want is very very very hard to find

Can you list some of the items in your possession? I think I will buy this KAR98, I will have to try to get the wood fixed, but bore is very shiny! I would like to also collect Japanese weapons from World War II. If these weapons have lasted 70 years, then you know they are well made.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere

Can you list some of the items in your possession? I think I will buy this KAR98, I will have to try to get the wood fixed, but bore is very shiny! I would like to also collect Japanese weapons from World War II. If these weapons have lasted 70 years, then you know they are well made.

America Bayonet from 1918 and a paratrooper knife from WW2 i also have a High ranking Soviet officers Navel Dagger and an American Trench knife from 1918  a Hitler youth knife
a German SS Leader Dagger,WWII Luftwaffe B25 Dagger,WWII RAD Officer Dagger,WWII Third Reich dagger,Waffen SS Dagger,Diplomatic Dress Dagger ,German Stilleto Knife,

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer

America Bayonet from 1918 and a paratrooper knife from WW2 i also have a High ranking Soviet officers Navel Dagger and an American Trench knife from 1918  a Hitler youth knife
a German SS Leader Dagger,WWII Luftwaffe B25 Dagger,WWII RAD Officer Dagger,WWII Third Reich dagger,Waffen SS Dagger,Diplomatic Dress Dagger ,German Stilleto Knife,

Very nice, I am a collector of IDF military relic. I have a few items but it is hard to find some of the things I am looking for, I don't know if Israelis ever produced knives for military so if I could find an authentic one, that would be nice. I would like to buy an original IMI Uzi (not afterban or Chinese norinco copy), already have helmet, uniform, and load bearing vest.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
i wish I had the sniper version of the Carabiner. I understand it is very accurate, more than the semi automatic guns like m-14.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM

a copy of Mein Kampf and SS armbands???  OK Im ok with the Nazi stamped stuff.. but I think Mein Kampf and SS armbands are a bit over the line. 

History collectors often have Nazi artifacts. (arms, aircraft, naval, etc).. but when they are specific to the ideology... such as a Mein Kampf book... then thats just too evil.   

The same goes with Islam.  Owning a historical Koran is just too over the top.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
My Uncles both fought the Battle of the Bulge, and when returning home after the War brought back quite a few "souveniers"; including armbands, daggers, insignia, uniform patches of the eagle with a swastika held in its talons, etc... .

In that case I believe it was their right to possess the emblems of those they defeated.

Purchasing such weaponry today as "surplus goods" presents a most troubling dilemma, to say the very least.

I would have to vote that it would be best if all such items put on the open market today be rounded up and destroyed.

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
If there are no records and artifacts from an event in history and the people that were originally there are rapidly dieing off; it makes it very easy for groups to make the claim that the event never happened or was greatly misrepresented.

I respectfully disagree that there is nothing wrong with owning historical artifacts. I don't worship them or support the ideology behind them, I simply see them as interesting bits of history.
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
If there are no records and artifacts from an event in history and the people that were originally there are rapidly dieing off; it makes it very easy for groups to make the claim that the event never happened or was greatly misrepresented.

I respectfully disagree that there is nothing wrong with owning historical artifacts. I don't worship them or support the ideology behind them, I simply see them as interesting bits of history.

I agree with your statement.