Author Topic: Israeli Small Arms  (Read 8819 times)

Offline Еврей

• Senior JTFer
Israeli Small Arms
« on: March 31, 2008, 10:50:10 PM »
Very cool video,
all about the guns Israel has made, and is currently making.
Its 45 minutes long, so make sure you have time to watch it.

"My name is Daniel Pearl. I am a Jewish American"
"My family follows Judaism. We've made numerous family visits to Israel."
~Daniel Pearl

"We are a small nation, but strong."
~Moshe Dayan

"First of all, Arafat is wrong. Jerusalem is Israel's capital, will never be divided, and will remain the capital of the State of Israel, the capital of the Jewish people, for ever and ever. "
~Benjamin Netanyahu

ביחד נשרוד, לחוד ניפול
Together we survive, apart we fall
~Subliminal

newman

Re: Israeli Small Arms
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 11:01:33 PM »
What happened to the M1 Carbines IAI were making?

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 11:03:57 PM »
What happened to the M1 Carbines IAI were making?

The police still use them.

Offline Еврей

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 11:04:38 PM »
I believe they stopped making them a couple of years ago  :-\
~Daniel Pearl

~Moshe Dayan

"First of all, Arafat is wrong. Jerusalem is Israel's capital, will never be divided, and will remain the capital of the State of Israel, the capital of the Jewish people, for ever and ever. "
~Benjamin Netanyahu

ביחד נשרוד, לחוד ניפול
~Subliminal

newman

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 11:08:50 PM »
I believe they stopped making them a couple of years ago  :-\

That's a b*tch!

WW2 era, shot out relics are >$500 a pop and smick restored ones >$1,000.

The new Auto Ordnance/Kahr ones are very good but still $699 ($799 MRSP) could buy a lot of SKSs.

Offline Еврей

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 11:14:21 PM »

That's a b*tch!

WW2 era, shot out relics are >$500 a pop and smick restored ones >$1,000.

The new Auto Ordnance/Kahr ones are very good but still $699 ($799 MRSP) could buy a lot of SKSs.

Haha... that's for sure!
I hear the IMI ones are also going for around 500... but that was only from one source.
~Daniel Pearl

~Moshe Dayan

~Benjamin Netanyahu

ביחד נשרוד, לחוד ניפול
~Subliminal

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 02:08:23 PM »
On a side note, I've seen this documentary and it's pretty good. I am drooling to own a TAR-21 , unfortunately it's doubtful we will get them in the US due to the import laws.

I still believe the Galil is a AK47 made right, and one of the best improvements to a AK47 in recent history. I love the Galil, but I can see a little bit how troops say it is too heavy. The South African Defense Force used to run around with the Galil on their backs or holding it above their head and in uncomfortable positions, even showered with them to get used to the weight.

Offline Еврей

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 02:56:19 PM »
On a side note, I've seen this documentary and it's pretty good. I am drooling to own a TAR-21 , unfortunately it's doubtful we will get them in the US due to the import laws.
Absolutely... that gun is beautiful!
And from what Ihve heard from a few people in the IDF who have fired it.... believe what you hear about how great it is.
My friends in the IDF say after comparing the two... they wouldn't be caught in the field with anything else!
~Daniel Pearl

~Moshe Dayan

~Benjamin Netanyahu

ביחד נשרוד, לחוד ניפול
~Subliminal

Offline wakeupisrael

• Junior JTFer
  • I love the smell of naplam in the morning
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008, 03:46:34 PM »
I really love the tavor idea tav-21

Uses the bullpup feature when the weight goes to the stock and the rest of the rifile is light,While it is very good for CQB\Urban combat It is also very accurate and good to just shoot enemies from far away

I think that if Israel start producing this weapon alot in about 10 years the M16 will be only a nice history of IDF firearms
There is no god but the F16 and his messenger the prophet JDAM600.

My youtube channel:

Israelipatriot92:

http://www.youtube.com/Israelipatriot92

косово je сербия

Kosovo Is serbia!!!
CCCC

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2008, 08:21:58 PM »

Uses the bullpup feature when the weight goes to the stock and the rest of the rifile is light,While it is very good for CQB\Urban combat It is also very accurate and good to just shoot enemies from far away

I think that if Israel start producing this weapon alot in about 10 years the M16 will be only a nice history of IDF firearms

It already is produced and sold to a number of countries. Colombia is one of the biggest buyers. India has also purchased as significant amount.

Offline Archie

• Full JTFer
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2008, 09:17:36 PM »

It already is produced and sold to a number of countries. Colombia is one of the biggest buyers. India has also purchased as significant amount.

Do you know if they plan on producing a civilian version of this rifle for the USA market?

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2008, 09:24:29 PM »

If it came to America, it would need a certain amount of American parts to qualify under 922r compliance. You can get a civilian version in Canada but it only comes with a 5 round magazine there.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 08:32:49 AM by מאיר כהן »

Offline Archie

• Full JTFer
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2008, 09:33:31 PM »
Do you know if they plan on producing a civilian version of this rifle for the USA market?

If it came to America, it would need a certain amount of American parts to qualify under 922r compliance. You can get a civilian version in Canada but it only comes with a 5 round magazine there.

Really (!). I didn't know that!

I thought that bulpup-design firearms were effectively banned in my country  :-X

I already checked on the web sites of our three major importers (Wolverine Supplies, Questar, and Ronin Sport), and didn't find it...

Please make my day and tell me who imports them around here  :)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2008, 08:34:46 AM »

I thought that bulpup-design firearms were effectively banned in my country  :-X

I already checked on the web sites of our three major importers (Wolverine Supplies, Questar, and Ronin Sport), and didn't find it...

Here you go

http://www.canadaammo.com/products/firearms/make-model.shtml

IWI     Tavor T.A.R. 21     T.A.R. 21 5.56mm Rifle *

$2,999 dollars

If they sold it in America, i'd buy one in a heartbeat even at that price. Too bad if I go to Canada and buy one and try to get it back into the US, I will become a felon.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 08:36:50 AM by מאיר כהן »

Offline Еврей

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2008, 03:58:49 PM »

Here you go

$2,999 dollars

If they sold it in America, i'd buy one in a heartbeat even at that price. Too bad if I go to Canada and buy one and try to get it back into the US, I will become a felon.

What a shame...
don't the feds have better things to worry about?
~Daniel Pearl

~Moshe Dayan

~Benjamin Netanyahu

ביחד נשרוד, לחוד ניפול
~Subliminal

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2008, 04:19:52 PM »

Here you go

$2,999 dollars

What a shame...

Unfortunately they don't. It sucked when I built my Galil because I had to replace a number of valuable parts with inferior parts to make it legal. Had to replace the barrel, the fire control group and the gas piston. The barrel is a peice of crap by green mountain, the original IMI chrome lined barrel was much better.

Offline Еврей

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2008, 04:33:25 PM »

Here you go

$2,999 dollars

What a shame...

Unfortunately they don't. It sucked when I built my Galil because I had to replace a number of valuable parts with inferior parts to make it legal. Had to replace the barrel, the fire control group and the gas piston. The barrel is a peice of crap by green mountain, the original IMI chrome lined barrel was much better.

You built your Galil??
Very cool!  O0
~Daniel Pearl

~Moshe Dayan

~Benjamin Netanyahu

ביחד נשרוד, לחוד ניפול
~Subliminal

Offline Archie

• Full JTFer
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2008, 04:48:26 PM »

Here you go

$2,999 dollars

WOW!  :)