Author Topic: Hijabs on Western Political Women  (Read 1875 times)

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
Hijabs on Western Political Women
« on: March 31, 2008, 04:32:44 AM »
http://www.danielpipes.org/

Hijabs on Western Political Women
For fun, how about collecting those instances when female political leaders, especially leftist ones, don the hijab (Islamic headscarf)?

Oriana Fallaci, interviewing Ayatollah Khomeini in September 1979 in Qum, Iran. The interview lasted six hours and at one point, an indignant Fallaci removed her chador in and threw it at Khomeini

Oriana Fallaci interviewing Ayatollah Khomeini, before she threw her chador at him.

Princess Diana in hijab in a Pakistan hospital.

Hilary Clinton, when she was still wife of the U.S. president in 1997, traveled to Eritrea and put on a headscarf. Interestingly, her daughter Chelsea, seen in the background, did not.

But on another occasion, Chelsea joined her in wearing a hijab.

Prince Charles' wife, Camilla Parker Bowles, got into complete Egyptian Muslim garb, including hijab, on a visit to Al-Azhar.

Antje Vollmer, Green Party member and vice-president of the German Bundestag, visiting Riyadh as part of Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder's delegation in March 2005.

U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice visiting a mosque in Dushanbe, Tajikistan in October 2005, wearing a black cover on her hair

Diane Sawyer of ABC's "Good Morning America" television program interviewed Mahmoud Ahmadinejad wearing a hijab in February 2007.

Diane Sawyer while interviewing Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

Nancy Pelosi, speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives, donned a headscarf when she visited Damascus in April 2007.

Elsebeth Gerner Nielsen, a former Danish minister of culture (and someone with whom I have argued), wore a hijab near the parliament in April 2007.

In June 2007, three senior Bush administration staffers wore makeshift hijabs as they listened to the president address an audience at Washington's Islamic Center.

Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism Fran Townsend (far left), NSC Senior Director for European Affairs Judy Ansley (left), and Under Secretary of State for Public Diplomacy and Public Affairs Karen Hughes (right) listen to President Bush wearing makeshift hijabs.

On a trip to Saudi Arabia in October 2007, George W. Bush's wife Laura wore a particularly severe-looking hijab.

Angelina Jolie the actress also serves as a "Goodwill Ambassador" for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees; in the latter capacity, she visited a eathquake-struck village in Pakistan in August 2007

Switzerland's Foreign Minister Micheline Calmy-Rey wore a full hijab in Tehran in March 2008 as she signed a natural gas deal with Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. (March 19, 2008)

Mar. 23, 2008 update: A number of readers have responded to this blog by pointing out that the women pictured above are doing nothing different from non-Jewish men donning a kippah (yarmulke, skullcap) in a synagogue. To which, I have two replies:

In about half the pictures above, the women are not in a mosque or other religious place. In their cases, the comparison is irrelevant.

Where they are in a mosque, I reject the comparison of a head covering and a skullcap. Wearing a skullcap is like taking one's shoes off on entering a mosque. But wearing a hijab, especially the full hijab such as Laura Bush wore, is like a non-Jewish male putting on the tallit (prayer shawl). It is not a small symbolic step of respect but rather taking on important aspects of the ritual of a religion not one's own.

A Jewish man praying with a tallit, or prayer shawl, over his head and upper torso.

Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline IslamIsCancer

• Master JTFer
  • My name is Stalinashvili.
Re: Hijabs on Western Political Women
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 04:39:00 AM »
Free Javakh!!!
I defecate on Stalin's grave.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 04:42:14 AM »

And five minutes later these feminists are complaining about the Church nuns being discriminated for wearing caps :o :o :o :o :o :o
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 07:06:52 AM »
Islam Uber Alles and all dhimis of the world unite! besides wearing of yaramulke is only Jewish tradition not mandatory one, popes and bishops are wering them too. This is clear sign that our politicall class is living under the dominion of iSSlam. 
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 07:51:52 AM »
All those photos are of western women who are in muslim countries so I have no problem with that.  Now, I'd like to see muslim women visiting western countries adhere to the cultural standards of the west.  Maybe a low cut blouse and a short skirt.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 07:54:48 AM »
in as much i hate hijabs...

if it is the law of teh land of Arabia, then it shoudl be followed even if one is visiting that country.

A lot of married religious Jewish married women also cover their natural hair. 
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 05:03:22 AM »

if it is the law of teh land of Arabia, then it shoudl be followed even if one is visiting that country.

The muslims think that all earth is "Land of Arabia" They shud observe our customs in our alnds in first place. The maried women in Americas and Europe covered their head before WWII, the observant Jews do this even today and  I'm all for more modest dress but not burkas and definatly not for iSSlamic sharia.   
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 11:14:57 AM »

WHAT???????  Do Jews require Gentile women to cover their head when they enter Israel?

Whats next??  all foreigners must provide a prayer rug and pray 7 times a day? 

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 02:46:01 PM »

The muslims think that all earth is "Land of Arabia" They shud observe our customs in our alnds in first place. The maried women in Americas and Europe covered their head before WWII, the observant Jews do this even today and  I'm all for more modest dress but not burkas and definatly not for iSSlamic sharia.   
exactly, they shoudl follow the law of the land that they move to..and whatever customs they want to do, they do it in private and not impose it on others.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2008, 02:48:20 PM »

WHAT???????  Do Jews require Gentile women to cover their head when they enter Israel?

Whats next??  all foreigners must provide a prayer rug and pray 7 times a day? 

A married Jewish woman covering her hair is a custom done by certain Jews..therefore, it's understood that whomever wishes to follow that custom to do it..therefore, it's not required for all Jews or Gentile married women to cover their hair.

IN arabia, it's another story. It's the law of their land and if you go there, you have to follow that law...and the same shoudl be done vice versa when they come to our land.they ahve to fllow our law..except they don't and nobody punishes them here for breaking the law.

Offline spiritus_persona

• Pro JTFer
  • Say NO to Dhimmitude
    • Cultural Jihadist (Warning!  May contain harsh language!)
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2008, 03:09:35 PM »
I've got an idea.  We should dress up as angry Muslims and march in a group demanding some random stuff that the government should do.  Repeat this same process day in and day out, until the government is tired of bending over backwards for Muslims.
Me: Muslims get offended too easily.
Muslim: What!?  That is an outrage!  Take that back or I kill you!