Author Topic: Hogan's Heroes  (Read 1837 times)

newman

Hogan's Heroes
« on: April 13, 2008, 07:54:55 AM »
What does everyone think of the show?

Did the bumbling, benign Col Klink and the lovable Sgt Shultz whitewash nazi-germany or was it just an innocent sitcom?

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Hogan's Heroes
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 07:57:06 AM »
 I like Sgt Shultz "I see nothing!"

What a Catch Phrase  ;)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 08:02:49 AM »
It is funny sometimes i see episodes early in morning they have some on you tube.Btw in real life Klink is a German Jew and Schultz is an Austrian Jew
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

newman

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 08:06:21 AM »
It is funny sometimes i see episodes early in morning they have some on you tube.Btw in real life Klink is a German Jew and Schultz is an Austrian Jew
The froggy Le Beau is a Jew, too.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 08:09:06 AM »
;D ;D ;D
The froggy Le Beau is a Jew, too.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 08:32:05 AM »
The show was extremely funny in its day. It really highlighted the corruption in the Nazi system to the point that they looked really stupid. What made the show good was that it poked just enough fun that it was believable. The show was indeed funny but the people it portrayed were quite evil and caused the world great suffering. In a way it was good that they were made to look like bumbling fools.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 01:16:09 AM »
Great show!!!!  :)

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2008, 07:45:41 AM »
Very funny but ,come to think about it."I see nothing" seems appropraite as for the Germans of that time to say!

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2008, 08:04:57 AM »
The program was horrific. To turn the German Nazi mass murderers into likable but silly characters was obscene. It was one of Hollywood's efforts to humanize the worst beasts in world history.

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2008, 08:09:56 AM »
Really, I didn't know that.  That places an entirely different view on the show.  I thought it was a pretty good sit com, knowing this it twists it into another example of anti-Jew distortions...no?
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2008, 08:22:46 AM »
Another example would be,That stupid little nazi on laugh in.The one that said "Thats very interesting."

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2008, 12:00:31 PM »
Really, I didn't know that.  That places an entirely different view on the show.  I thought it was a pretty good sit com, knowing this it twists it into another example of anti-Jew distortions...no?
No they were good actors good comedians

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2008, 12:04:30 PM »
I enjoyed it as a kid but, I now see the negatives!

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2008, 12:10:37 PM »

Shot at 2010-01-03