Author Topic: OT muzzleloading (black powder)  (Read 3138 times)

Offline old06

• Junior JTFer
OT muzzleloading (black powder)
« on: April 02, 2008, 05:58:34 PM »
This is to find out if anyone has shot or shoots or even hunt’s with one this past season was the first time I did. I didn't see one with the old smoke pole but got 3 in rifle season but now I kind of like shooting the thing and even bought another I used a 45 cal during season and then picked up a 50 cal after season

newman

Re: OT muzzleloading (black powder)
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 09:52:40 PM »
I'd like a .577 Enfield 2 band rifled musket as used by the South in the Civil War! Long live the South!! O0

Offline old06

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 07:36:00 AM »
I'd like a .577 Enfield 2 band rifled musket as used by the South in the Civil War! Long live the South!! O0

Yep there cool just about 20 miles south of me they have one of the largest reenactments I have seen several reproduction as well as the real thing

newman

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 11:25:01 AM »

Yep there cool just about 20 miles south of me they have one of the largest reenactments I have seen several reproduction as well as the real thing
It must've been a bugger to run into yankees with 15 shot Henry Rifles in those days. Still, the Enfield musket had class and all you need is some powder, lead (form your own bullets) and caps. It was mercury caps, not flint on those, right?

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 12:27:16 PM »
I love the old black powder muzzle loading guns, with the old flint locks.. etc.

Its very nostalgic.... oops, Im showing my age again.

The ones ive used are all replicas though.

Offline old06

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 05:41:22 PM »
Yep there both a blast but of new designed being inline, 209 primer and synthetic stock

Offline Michael T.

• New JTFer
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 10:15:40 AM »
Muzzle loaders are great.  I have had several in the past.  (if my wife would let me I would buy a new one now.)  I have had a .50 cal Hawkens cap and ball, a .45 Kentucky long rifle,  a .69 cal trade musket, not to mention several muzzle loading pistols and cap and ball revolvers.  It is because of one of my buddy's flintlock that I am half deaf in my left ear today.  We were at a rifle range.  He had a hangfire that went off just after I took out my ear plugs.  :o