Author Topic: Ask Zvulun ben Moshe  (Read 30697 times)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Ask Zvulun ben Moshe
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2008, 01:36:16 AM »
Thanks for your answers, I was really interested in reading them. However, I have a few more points that maybe you can help me to understand.

First of all, there have been people who have committed murders and gotten away with them. For example did Hitler ever have to suffer any real pain for what he did? He ended his own life swiftly and never had to suffer as his victims did. How can a God of justice allow that to happen?

A lot of other Nazis got away via the rat lines and ended up working for foreign governments or living in peace, albeit in hiding, for the rest of their lives. How can God allow that?

What about people who are born with Tay-Sachs or some other lethal birth defect, like Sun Hudson who was born with thanatophoric dysplasia, or what about babies who die of SIDS? These lives were lived for what? Why would God allow that?

What about people who are abused to death, like babies put in microwaves, or children beaten to death? It hurts to think that they might have no comfort from God afterward.

I can agree with you on the fact that our focus should be on this life, we should follow God's commandments because He is God and we want to do His will. Heaven isn't my primary motive even though I'd like to think I can go there after I die. What we can do for others or what we do to make life better for people in this world, such as feeding hungry people, etc. is very important. However I just don't see how justice could be served without a continuation.

Offline Zvulun Ben Moshe

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Pro JTFer
  • A Party to the Eternal Covenant
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2008, 03:52:48 PM »
“First of all, there have been people who have committed murders and gotten away with them.”

Well, the Law clearly says we have to establish courts or any other form of collective justice system. The purpose of this is, obviously, to do justice and punish the wrongdoers here on earth. If it was the hell, where people would get punished, then why would we need courts and jails?

Secondly, there is a concept of revenge, according to which the wrongdoer should face severe reaction from all people who in any way felt affected by the wrong deed, if the justice system fails.

“For example did Hitler ever have to suffer any real pain for what he did? He ended his own life swiftly and never had to suffer as his “victims did. How can a G-d of justice allow that to happen?"

I think for fanatics like Hitler, the failure of his life was worse than the physical end of it.

I don’t think of G-d as a G-d of justice, but as a G-d of balance.

With Hitler, the Jews and Gentiles failed to do what is right to stop him. As you can see, I am not saying to kill him, because, I think, Hitler, though was a monster, wasn’t the whole problem. It was the opportunity that others gave him to graduate his ideas into something that he probably could not even dream of.

Hitler had to be stopped as a trend more than as an animal, even though many of us would personally stab him to death.

"A lot of other Nazis got away via the rat lines and ended up working for foreign governments or living in peace, albeit in hiding, for the rest of their lives. How can G-d allow that?"

How could we allow this to happen?

G-d gave us the Laws, we didn’t give Him anything.

G-d gave us life and said something like this: “enjoy it while it lasts, but for it to last, you have to follow my laws, which you have to enjoy and let your people enjoy them, even if it doesn’t last long for you.”

"What about people who are born with Tay-Sachs or some other lethal birth defect, like Sun Hudson who was born with thanatophoric dysplasia, or what about babies who die of SIDS? These lives were lived for what? Why would G-d allow that?"

Where decease can be prevented, I think it is the parents’ obligation to do it. I certainly don’t believe that G-d does it to send those poor babies’ souls into heaven.

"What about people who are abused to death, like babies put in microwaves, or children beaten to death? It hurts to think that they might have no comfort from G-d afterward."

I’d love to think that way, but it doesn’t mean it is true. I am not saying it is not, but I wasn’t told otherwise.

I know the parents have to be punished, and we as a society have to instill the highest level of morality and sanctity of life to our people for them not to even think of such actions.

"However I just don't see how justice could be served without a continuation."

Without continuation? You have to stop think from the egoistic standpoint.
Stop asking “what’s in it for me”. Start asking “what’s in it for my family, my kids, my people”.

You (or an average person) will live 50-60 years. Not long enough of a continuation?

OK. Then your children, if you raise them right, will carry on that continuation for another half a century. And then their kids will both remember your deeds and follow the example and “continue to continue”.

And finally, your people will bear such continuation at large.

Your good deeds have to continue and not your instant gratification.

Thanks again.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 03:58:10 PM by Zvulun ben Moshe »
I am Zvulun ben Moshe and I approve this message.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2008, 02:17:54 AM »
Thanks Zvulun for your thorough answers.

Offline Zvulun Ben Moshe

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Pro JTFer
  • A Party to the Eternal Covenant
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2008, 08:11:06 PM »
You are very welcome!
I am Zvulun ben Moshe and I approve this message.