Author Topic: Happy Creation of The Sun Day!  (Read 1972 times)

admin

Happy Creation of The Sun Day!
« on: April 08, 2008, 09:34:23 PM »
BS"D

4 Nissan, 5768

Today (Wednesday) is the day The Sun was created according to the Jewish lunar calendar. This is the last time it falls out on a Wednesday like the year it was created until 2021. The Jewish solar calendar anniversary was on Monday, which was the first day of Spring according to the Jewish solar seasons. Next year it falls out on Wednesday, 14 Nissan, 5769 (April 8, 2009), when we will recite Birchat HaChama, The Blessing of The Sun, which we do every 28 years on Wednesday, April 8. This commemorates The Creation of The Sun on Wednesday, 4 Nissan, in the year 0 of Creation. The last time we read Birchat HaChama (Before I was born but in my mother's womb.), April 8 and 4 Nissan coincided (5741/1981).

Although The World was created in 6 Biblical days with the 6th day being Rosh Hashana, we hold that The Sun was created on 4 Nissan which is why we read Birchat HaChama in The Spring and not on 28 Elul, The Fourth Day of Creation prior to Rosh Hashana. The explanation for this is that the 6 days were really billions of years so the particular day of the billions of years The Sun was created was on  Nissan. It is also true that The Sun was created before The Fourth Day but only made visible on The Fourth Day, proof of which is that The Earth and plant life were already in existence. The lights created on The First Day were covered by clouds and only were differentiated between The Sun, The Moon, and the stars on The Fourth Day. Also, the rest of The Solar System was created out of the solar nebula created on The First Day. It is also possible that it was The Universe that was created on The First Day meaning the light created was The Big Bang and The Solar System was formed out of the solar nebula on The Second Day when G-d differentiated between the expanses.

On the behalf of The Staff of The JTF Forum, I wish everyone a Happy Creation of The Sun Day.

Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim,
Chief Administrator.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 10:37:37 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »

Offline YESHA

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Pro JTFer
  • I love our Yesha residents - Judea & Samaria.
Re: Happy Creation of The Sun Day!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 10:15:50 AM »
Very interesting! ;)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Happy Creation of The Sun Day!
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 11:09:34 AM »
I'm glad the sun is around. It'd be awfully cold without it, and there'd be no food!