Author Topic: Naughty sailors no bashing the yanks lol  (Read 1059 times)

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
Naughty sailors no bashing the yanks lol
« on: April 10, 2008, 05:48:04 AM »
Sailors get community service over US brawl

Posted Wed Apr 9, 2008 12:42pm AEST

Two Australian sailors who got into a fight over politics and football have been sentenced to 90 days of community service in San Diego. :::D :::D :::D :::D

Twenty-six-year-old Philip Ferres and 25-year-old Kolis Barba were on shore leave in San Diego last year when they met 28-year-old Jeffrey Wilkinson at a bar.

The three men went on to a party where an argument broke out about the relative merits of American football and rugby league.

The end result was that Mr Wilkinson suffered a broken nose, a broken rib and a suspected broken eye socket. He also had to have 30 stitches in his face.

The sailors were facing up to seven years in jail, but last month they pleaded guilty to lesser charges as part of a plea bargain.

The Superior Court of San Diego has sentenced them to work out their community service at the San Diego Naval Base.

With time off for good behaviour they could be home in Queensland within two months.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/04/09/2211974.htm

newman

Re: Naughty sailors no bashing the yanks lol
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 05:52:43 AM »
Good to see men still acting like men...................y'know, punching each other's heads in over football. Gimme some real Aussie or American roughnecks over latte-sipping panty-waists any day.

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 05:55:22 AM »
Haha yes not wrong Newman, when my fella told me about it awhile ago I couldn't stop laughing.

GO AUSSIES! O0 O0 O0

I was waiting for this to come back up.  :D

You know the Navy they kept it quiet  8;)

newman

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 05:58:04 AM »
In the old days you weren't even condidered a real jack-tar untill you'd beaten the snot out of two or three guys after fifty bears on shore leave.