Author Topic: Ask JTF For Erev Rosh Chodesh Iyar, Sunday, May 4.  (Read 13009 times)

admin

Ask JTF For Erev Rosh Chodesh Iyar, Sunday, May 4.
« on: April 30, 2007, 12:52:42 PM »
BS"D

Note To All Posters: Only one post per person is permitted. Please make it a single, short question.

Chaim would love to answer all of your great questions but (unfortunately due to the number of questions and time constraints), if there is more than one short question, it will have to be moved to The Future Ask JTF Section. We apologize for this inconvenience and only wish that every person has a chance to be heard on the show.

Or course, comments not directed to Chaim will be moved into a separate thread under The General Discussion.

Chaim has stated that only one short question or comment per poster will be answered. Please remember that even with these rules, the program is over 2 hours long every week! If you want to post a longer question, unfortunately, Chaim may or may not be able to answer it in it's entirety. In this case, you may copy and paste parts of your question for the following week.

Thank you for your kindness and respect regarding these rules.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

BS"D

Chodesh Tov and Chag Yom Ha'Atzmaut Sameach,

Moadim LeSimcha LeGeulah Shelemah!

Please read this whole comment/question and then answer the practical question at the end because I need to know if I can celebrate Yom Ha'Atzmaut with Al HaNissim and Hallel on Shabbat.

I read the full Hallel with a bracha on Yom Ha'Atzmaut and I do so on Yom Yerushalayim too. I used to read only half Hallel but changed because of what you said about Rabbi Kahane reading full Hallel.

There is also a controversy on whether to celebrate the religious aspects of Yom Ha'Atzmaut on the government sanctioned day if it is moved because of Yom HaZikaron falling out Motza'ei Shabbat as was the case last year or if Yom Ha'Atzmaut falls out on Friday or Shabbat and is moved to Thursday. Should we listen to the Mamlachti Rabbinate and say Hallel on the government sanctioned day or on the 5th of Iyar no matter what day it falls out? My synagogue in The United States just omits tachanun so I add Al HaNissim to my Amidah and say Hallel on my own. Since 5 Iyar is on Shabbat this year, I would prefer to read Hallel and say Al HaNissim on Shabbat and my synagogue is having an Israel kiddush that day. Should I observe it on Shabbat and not Thursday like the Mamlachti Rabbinate wants us to do?

Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim,
Chief Administrator.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 01:28:51 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
Re: Ask JTF For Erev Rosh Chodesh Iyar, Sunday, May 4.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 01:47:53 PM »
Dear Chaim,

What is your honest opinion of George H.W. Bush?

« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 02:28:55 AM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline TorahZionist

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 04:36:13 AM »
I'm posting this for Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim.

I think in a year like this, Yom HaZikaron should be moved to Thursday and the religious aspects of Yom Ha'Atzmaut should be observed on Shabbat with the government ceremonies observed on Sunday. There is precedence for this such as Purim Meshulash when Purim is spread out over 3 days when Shushan Purim falls on Shabbat. The precedence to move up Yom HaZikaron to Thursday is like when we move up a fast day before a festival to Thursday such as The Fast of Esther and The Fast of Firstborn when it would have fallen on Shabbat. If 5 Iyar is a Friday, the religious aspects should be on Friday with the government ceremonies moved a day early or moved to Sunday. As it is now, Yom Ha'Atzmaut is only actually observed on 5 Iyar when it falls on a Wednesday. If it is on a Monday, it is moved to Tuesday so Yom HaZikaron won't be on Motza'ei Shabbat. Would a Kahanist government adopt my suggestion?

Do you currently insert the special Al HaNissim made for Yom Ha'Atzmaut and Yom Yerushalayim?

See below for Al HaNissim made for Yom Ha'Atzmaut. Rabbi David Bar Chayim of Machon Shilo published it.

בס"ד

Here is the "Al HaNissim" addition for Yom Ha'Atzma'uth, to be inserted in Shmonah Esrei and Birkath HaMazon.  This was first seen, I believe, in the "Siddur HaMiqdash," and has since been adopted into the "Siddur Eress yisrael" by Beth HaDin Wa'ad le'Hachamim.

Questons and comments may be directed to [email protected].

"על הנסים" ליום העצמאות

נוסח ארץ ישראל

וְעַל הַנִּסִּים, הַגְּבוּרוֹת, הַתְּשׁוּעוֹת, הַמִּלְחָמוֹת וְהַפְּדוּת שֶׁעָשִׂיתָ עִמָּנוּ וְעִם אֲבוֹתֵינוּ בַּיָּמִים הָהֵם בַּזְּמַן הַזֶּה:

בִּימֵי בִּנְיַן הָאָרֶץ, כְּשֶׁעָמְדוּ צִבְאוֹת עֲרָב הָרָשָׁע עַל עַמְּךָ יִשְׂרָאֵל, וּבִּקְּשׁוּ לְהַשְׁמִיד לַהֲרג וּלְאַבֵּד אֶת יוֹשְבֵי אַרְצְךָ מִנַּעַר וְעַד זָקֵן. טַף וְנָשִׁים וְאַתָּה בְּרַחֲמֶיךָ הָרַבִּים עָמַדְתָּ לָהֶם בְּעֵת צָרָתָם רַבְתָּ אֶת רִיבָם. דַּנְתָּ אֶת דִּינָם. נָקַמְתָּ אֶת נִקְמָתָם מָסַרְתָּ רַבִּים בְּיַד מְעַטִּים. וּטְמֵאִים בְּיַד קְדוֹשִׁים. וּלְךָ עָשִׂיתָ שֵׁם גָּדוֹל בָּעוֹלָם, וּלְעַמְּךָ יִשְׂרָאֵל עָשִׂיתָ תְּשׁוּעָה גְּדוֹלָה זָקַפְתָּ אֶת קוֹמַתֵנוּ, שָׁבַרְתָּ על הַגּוֹיִים מֵעַל צוָּארֵנוּ וְנָתַתָּ לָנוּ אֲחֻזָּת נָחֲלָה בְּאֶרֶץ אֲבוֹתֵינוּ, כְּשֵׁם שֶׁעָשִׂיתָ תְּשׁוּעָה לַאֲבוֹתֵינוּ, כָּךְ עֲשֵׂה עִמָּנוּ בָּעֵת הַזּאת לְשִׁמְךָ לָנֶצַח.

וְעַל כֻּלָּם.../ וְעַל הַכָּל...

*See "Siddur HaMiqdash" for Hallachic explanations.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 09:14:19 AM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 12:13:43 AM »
Dear Chaim,

I have noticed that the members section of this forum includes many usernames that have not been active in some time [some longer than a year]; is there a way to more accurately reflect the number of active members? Also, is it possible that some members in the english forum are the same as those in the hebrew forum thus making the total count of members [the number at the top of the jtf.org homepage] inaccurately large?

Presently these statistics seem to reflect the number of people who were ever members possibly excluding those who were banned or actively removed themselves from the forum.

Kind regards, and thank you once again.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 05:36:33 PM by rellikmilsum »

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 12:20:33 AM »
Hello Chaim. You've spoken quite a bit about healthy living lately. I was curious if you take any vitamins or herbal supplements or if you recommend any for people.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 06:49:45 PM by Rubystars »

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 12:20:58 AM »
Dear Chaim.

Hope you had a great Pesach.  I have seen in Rabbi Kahane's speeches that he referred to a 'next holocaust' (G-d forbid) which would be with hatchets and knives, referring to the Arab fifth column in Israel and what they might do to the Jews if they had the chance.  I was just wondering, is the reason he said hatchets and knives because Arabs at that time were not allowed to have guns in Israel?  I was only a little boy at the time the Rabbi made these speeches, so I'm not well aware of the situation in pre-Oslo Israel.  Did Arabs not have guns, and is this what he meant?  Have the Olso leftists now enabled a potential holocaust of guns and armored vehicles instead (G-d forbid)?  Best wishes.

Offline ASHISH

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 01:14:15 AM »
Dear chaim i had read on the internet  about greater israel in which correct me if i am wrong syria was also part of israel as indians we know first hand about losing our country to muslims.I wanted to ask is it possible for israel to capture syria or do you think you are satisfied with current israel including gaza,golan heights etc.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 09:06:18 PM by ASHISH »

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008, 02:47:33 AM »
Shalom Chaim,

Why are there so many jarheads in the U.S. Marines? Some of these jarheads are trained to not have decent manners, some are misled and politically correct and some are brainwashed. The Leftist Fascists in the U.S. want to abolish our military, which will lead to the destruction of the U.S. G-d forbid.
When JTF becomes a mass movement, we will have righteous soldiers in the U.S. Military and Israeli Military, G-d willing.

G-d bless you,

-JTFFan
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 01:10:13 AM by JTFFan »

Offline IslamIsCancer

• Master JTFer
  • My name is Stalinashvili.
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008, 02:54:21 AM »
Shalom Chaim,
I heard you say 'there is no such a thing as a Jewish race' in your previous program.
I politely disagree with this statement. I believe there is a Jewish race, and there is a Jewish religion.
When Hitler decided to kill all Jews he didn't do it because he didn't like Judaism, of course he destroyed synagogues but
it was because he hated the Jewish race. I can recognize Jews when I see them from their facial appearance and I believe when you say there's no Jewish race, many Jews will be put off by that statement. That sentence is particularly antisemitic and offensive to the Holocaust survivors who know exactly why the Nazis killed them.
How could I possibly recognize a Jew without knowing their religion? So there must be more to it than just religion. Jews don't look like Arabs, how do you explain that?
If I were a Jew I would not allow backward Beduins or Seljuk tribes live in Israel EVEN IF they renounced Islam and claimed to embrace Judaism, because those people have been inbreeding with their first cousins for millennia and their genes are inferior to normal peoples genes who don't practice inbreeding.
P.S. Sorry for the long question, and thank you for your outstanding comments on my latest video.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 02:43:22 PM by IslamIsCancer »
Free Javakh!!!
I defecate on Stalin's grave.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2008, 03:17:42 AM »
Chaim, as I am sure you know huge portions of the Koran were plagiarized from The Second Targum of Esther, The Midrash Rabba, and the various commentaries of Rabbi Eliezer. What is your opinion of these books? Are they apocryphal, or are they considered Jewish Scripture today?

G-d bless you as always, Chaimfan
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 11:50:04 PM by C.F. »

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2008, 07:29:52 AM »
Shalom Chaim

There are many Israelis with whom I have spoken that are not religious nor idealistic zionists like ourselves.  However, they do respect Judaism and love their country very much.  They, rightfully, in my opinion, believe in the concept "to each their own" when it comes down to how a fellow Jew observes Judaism. They tell me that they worry about a Kahanist movement taking over in Israel because it will be a "free-for-all" for the more observant religious Israelis to impose "their version of Torah" on the private and public lives of those who are at least not ready to live life as a truely Torah observant Jew.  On the other hand, they do realize there is a benefit of a Kahanist type movement that will enable the survival of the Jewish state.  Chaim, I personally know that your intention is to gradually and carefully encourage less observant Jews to realize the beauty of Torah Judaism.  And we all know that the survival of the Jewish state isn't just about Jewish honor and respect by destroying her enemies, but also fulfilling our promise to Gd from Sinai. I mean, there are more than 1000 ways to be a righteous Torah observant Jew too. 

How are you going to convince and reassure Israelis of your intentions?  And how are you going to deal with those who wish to shove their brand of Judaism down the throat of those who either disagree with their method or who are simply not ready to be observant like Chaim ben Pesach or anyone else?

Thank you

Dr. Dan

(On another note, I think it would be great for there to be a mandatory survey for current members and new future members who join the English and Hebrew forums to find out how they heard about JTF. With this, we will be able to focus hard on which medium to advertise so that precious donated money to this movement isn't wasted. The thing is, I'm not computer savay to know how to do this)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 04:24:38 PM by Dr. Dan »
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2008, 09:43:38 AM »
Dear Chaim, what do you think of Miles Davis? All I know is that he was a heroin addict, a heavy smoker and an alcoholic. Other than that I know nothing about his career.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 03:04:37 PM by Duke Nukem »
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline YESHA

• Pro JTFer
  • I love our Yesha residents - Judea & Samaria.
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2008, 10:14:13 AM »
Dear Chaim,
Thanks for answering my questions so well each week. The JDL was at its strength I believe, in the late 1980s, with the free Soviet Jewry struggle by Harav Meir Kahane zt”l, Hy”d, and yourself Chaim. But excuse my ignorance, was the JDL initially was set-up due to anti-semitism – and their priority role was like Shomrim, to defend Jews, but also to train Jews to fight these anti-semites? Todah, Shalom -- Zev
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 08:42:27 AM by YESHA »

Offline Maimonides

• Pro JTFer
  • The Greatest Jewish Sage
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2008, 12:32:27 PM »
Shalom Chaim and thank you as always for your hard work and answering my questions.

My question this week is which came first the chicken or the egg in relation to corruption in Washington D.C.?
Are politicians who go to D.C. corrupt to begin with or does the D.C. atmosphere make them corrupt?

Just look at Senator Tom Coburn who when he first ran for the U.S. Senate, I remember JTF being very hopeful that he would be a righteous gentile. However it appears with his friendship with Obama (that he does not deny every time Obama brings it up to pretend to be a moderate) and his support for awarding an arms contract to a foreign country he appears to be another empty suit. The same thing happened with former Congressman Tom Delay who JTF use to support and Pat Robertson who is now friends with Al Sharpton.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 06:34:48 PM by Maimonides »
“You must accept the truth from whatever source it comes”- Maimonides

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2008, 09:46:58 PM »
Dear Chaim,

I was wondering if you will ever have the man who wrote the book the Prophet of doom on your show again. I am asking this because i used to show some of the JTF Videos at my Job to my fellow coworkers and a Hugh Majority of them liked the videos that he was on.

Keep up the superb work O0
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 10:54:06 AM by Americanhero »

Offline ape

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2008, 12:12:07 AM »
Where does the "cultural" ignorance of blacks come from? Is it directly from not being educated in slave days and why didn't they catch up like more oppressed peoples(Jews, native americans, Armenians). Just to say it's cultural isn't a real explanation.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 11:23:15 PM by ape_has_killed_ape »

Offline Minuteman

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2008, 01:17:28 PM »
Dear Chaim,

I am not a fan of Bush, and as far a the economy goes.  I do believe that both parties are responsible.  It appears to me that the Democrats in Congress are doing things to destroy our economy on purpose in order to ruin Bush, and thus killing any chance that the Republicans will control the White House over the next 4 years.  Do you think the Democrats in the Congress and Senate are actually doing this?

Minuteman

Offline MR VSS

• New JTFer
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2008, 01:22:02 PM »
Dear Chaim,

What is your opinion of New York's "Master Builder" Robert Moses?

May G-D bless you and all JTF members.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2008, 01:44:10 PM »
Hello Brother Chaim,

To continue my topic of asking you last week about Obama and his mentally unbalanced so called Pastor,  I know the crowd is making them both into victims but how is it the public is so brain dead?   Anytime you see an Obama rally there are stupid whites holding Obama posters up.   Italians and Jews and Irish and they don't get it what is going to happen to them if this beast is going to get elected?   I lived through the Dinken years in New York, I know what happens if you give them any sort of power.  And this is not for one city, this is the entire country and in his hands is every single person on the face of the Earth.   I just don't get it how insane this country has become.  Maybe one day someone like me and Vito can take this country back and liberate it from one coast to the other.   
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Zan

• Junior JTFer
  • Evil-doers, beware!
    • The Liberal Institute -- Objectivism and Classical Liberalism
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2008, 07:29:44 AM »
Hi Chaim!

Are you going to have any more mass-meetings? I attended one with you before (at a synagogue on West 23rd Street) -- but that was a quarter-century ago!  ;)

Zan'
Classical liberalism is the future! www.YouTube.com/PureLiberalFire

Offline SOLUTREAN ANCESTOR

• New JTFer
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2008, 05:07:49 PM »
Note to Chaim: "Chaim Jr." alert.

I heard an interview on internet radio with Rabbi Kahane's widow Libby who has written a biography "Rabbi Meir Kahane: His Life and Thought - Volume One: 1932-1975" available from Urim Publications for $38 and that Volume II would be ready in about four years.

Do you believe that Israelis should learn Arabic along with Hebrew, English, Yiddish and French?  I can think of a few reasons that would justify it.  Right now Arabs have a secret language that Israelis don't know except for the Mossad and Shin Bet.  Army and police officers should know Arabic to be able to order around and interrogate Arab terrorists. Also, even with a Kahanist government, a residual numbers of Arabs would be left and limited commerce between Israelis and them as well as neighboring states might be necessary to make Israeli demands understood without utilizing a third language like English or French.  Israelis would better comprehend the evilness of Arab culture if they could directly read the diabolical ravings contained in the verses of the "Unholy" Koran.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 05:06:09 AM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »

Offline brian

• New JTFer
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2008, 03:36:11 AM »
Chaim,

I am new to the forum but have been a longtime reader and watcher...

What do you think of this phenomena of Christians converting to Islam? I know most are blacks in jail, but recently, there have been a lot of white people on youtube claiming they converted to Islam on their on volition. What is your opinion on this matter?

G-d bless.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2008, 02:26:03 PM »
        Shalom Chaim,

Several weeks ago,   there was a discussion in the Forum about whether Abortions were permitted in Judaism under any circumstance.     As someone who has been 100 % against Abortions in the past,    believing that life starts at conception,      I would definitely interested in your opinion on whether the Jewish religion permits Abortions under one or more circumstances.     Thanks.
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline tykus1

• New JTFer
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2008, 06:23:15 PM »
Shalom Chaim,

I was wondering what your thoughts are regarding the Prophetofdoom.net webside, particularly your thoughts on Ken Power's thorough analysis of the Torah, The Rambam's 613 Commandments and the real connection between Yeshua (Jesus) and the way he believes the Rabbi's of long ago distorted the true meaning of the Torah and the Commandments.  I am almost finished with Craig Winn's "The Prophet of Doom" and found it very informative and suggest everyone read this text.  I am now beginning to read Mr. Power's book "The Owner's Manual - Review of The Torah" and find this to be quite fascinating and interesting!

As always may Hashem be with us.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2008, 06:51:01 PM »
Hello Chaim,
Do you have an idea what is going to happen with the US Dollar?
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.