Author Topic: Ask JTF For Motza'ei Shabbat, June 7, moved up a day due to Shavuot.  (Read 11094 times)

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Dear Mr. ben Pesach,

I have met a lot of people in my country. Why is it, that self-employed gentiles are less antisemite, than those who are employed in the free economy and those again are less anti-semite, than people that are employed by the government or live from welfare.

Every time I meet people of the first category I feel that they are naturally non anti-semite.

(They may be exceptions from the rule)

Sincerly,

Golden Pheasant
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline ape

• Senior JTFer
Chaim,

I was listening to an older edition of Ask JTF and I was dying laughing when a listener asked where he can get kosher buffalo meat in Queens, and you replied," I don't know about kosher buffalo but we have a lot of [censored] buffalo here in Queens."

Yacov interjects: I didn't ask where I could find kosher buffalo meat in Queens. I just asked Chaim if he's seen any for sale near where he lives. I don't live in Queens but I bought buffalo meat near where I live.

Do you think it's worth making long term plans to live in Queens  or will we be engulfed be a sea of low class [censored] at this rate.

P.S.  G-d bless the Jews who stayed in Crown Heights!!

« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 03:16:20 AM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
Dear Chaim,

I watched a video of Rabbi Kahane (may G-D avenge his blood) recently.  He was explaining the concept of the yoke of heaven.  I think it's a very important Judaic concept and Rabbi Kahane explained it so well.  For all those who question their purpose, I think there is no greater purpose than to take upon ourselves the yoke of heaven.  My question is this:  Did Rabbi Kahane ever discuss this concept with you, and has this idea impacted on your life?  What is your interpretation of this idea?

Thanks,

Zachor_ve_kavod