Author Topic: Hero Pilot Sully's Favorite Letter was from son of Holocaust Survivor  (Read 1538 times)

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
I transcribed the portion of the letter which was read on the clip (link below), so that you wouldn't have to endure the interviewer couric.

Dear Captain Sullenberger, Big Apple Hero
Yesterday, I just received a voicemail from my 84-year-old father who lives on the 30th floor of a building with river views, here in Manhattan.

Had you not been so skilled, my father, or others like him in their sky-high buildings could have perished along with your passengers had not you landed in the river as you had.

As a holocaust survivor, my father taught me that to save a life, is to save the world as you never know what the person you've saved, nor his or her prodigy will go on to contribute to the peace and healing of the world.

Bless you, Captain Sullenberger
New York Loves You.

The wife, holding back tears, says that is her favorite letter, and the Captain concurs.

Captain Sullenberger is a hero.

For Video: Start watching at 4:30 for a few of the letter readings. 

4:55 for the reading of the favorite letter.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 01:33:12 AM by xoce »
aka Someone Else

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: Hero Pilot Sully's Favorite Letter was from son of Holocaust Survivor
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 01:34:20 AM »
G-d bless Captain Sullenberger and the elderly Shoah survivor.

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 01:49:43 AM »
Xoce,
Thank you very much for posting this letter that Pilot Sully received.  It truly warmed my heart.

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 02:24:23 AM »
Xoce,
Thank you very much for posting this letter that Pilot Sully received.  It truly warmed my heart.

You are very welcome.  I hope all of JTF reads this letter and Captain Sully's reaction to it, and his heroism.
This letter is truly heart-warming.

It is the cherishing of LIFE, the love of LIFE, the celebration of LIFE, the protection of LIFE that is so wonderful.

aka Someone Else