Author Topic: B''H, This Week's New JTF Videos (04/11)  (Read 30315 times)

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
Re: B''H, This Week's New JTF Videos (04/11)
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2008, 03:33:59 AM »
Somehow I think that "loving your enemy" is not supposed to mean national suicide. I think it has more to do with not being excessively vindictive and blood-thirsty but only doing what is necessary to dispose of your enemies.

I also once heard a knowledgeable Christian say that "loging your enemies" refers to personal enemies. It is a blueprint on how to deal with people within the society. OK, I am not qualified to make pronouncements about this. Let someone correct me if I am wrong.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2008, 08:06:42 AM »
"But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also."

I asked these questions not cause divisions amongst us, but because it is an important issue, that we need to address,
before somebody else comes in to divide us.
I see many Christians, who use these verses of the New Testament as an order to accept hostile, evil people to take over the Western World.

Is it righteous to stand idle when your brother is killed?

Here is an interpretation of a Catholic professor I found interesting:
Do you people think it is credible?

He said that people used to slap a slave on the right cheek with the back of their right hand.
Turning the left cheek, was an invitation of the slave to ask the master to punch him on the left cheek with the fist.
So they could fight as equals, not as master-slave.
If this is true, than it means we should fight our enemies with equal arms, and NOT play dhimmies.

I refer here to Christian scripture not to proselytize; but to put the quote in its context. (if anyone complains, I will remove it)
but to seek if the "self-hate" of Christianity is maybe a false interpretation,
that Marxist infiltrators of the Churches use,
to weaken our defense against satan.

I think an important message of Chaim is to urge Jews not to be self-haters,
so I wander what our Christian members think about the interpretation of these verses.

<< Matthew 5 >>
New American Standard Bible ©   
The Sermon on the Mount; The Beatitudes

1 When Jesus saw the crowds, He went up on the mountain; and after He sat down, His disciples came to Him. 2 He opened His mouth and began to teach them, saying,
3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.
5 “Blessed are the gentle, for they shall inherit the earth.
6 “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.
7 “Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.
8 “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see G-d.
9 “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of G-d.
10 “Blessed are those who have been persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11 “Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. 12 “Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
Disciples and the World
13 “You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt has become tasteless, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled under foot by men.
14 “You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; 15 nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. 16 “Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.
17 “Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. 18 “For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished. 19 “Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20 “For I say to you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.
Personal Relationships
21 “You have heard that the ancients were told, ‘YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT MURDER’ and ‘Whoever commits murder shall be liable to the court.’ 22 “But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be guilty before the court; and whoever says to his brother, ‘You good-for-nothing,’ shall be guilty before the supreme court; and whoever says, ‘You fool,’ shall be guilty enough to go into the fiery hell. 23 “Therefore if you are presenting your offering at the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, 24 leave your offering there before the altar and go; first be reconciled to your brother, and then come and present your offering. 25 “Make friends quickly with your opponent at law while you are with him on the way, so that your opponent may not hand you over to the judge, and the judge to the officer, and you be thrown into prison. 26 “Truly I say to you, you will not come out of there until you have paid up the last cent.
27 “You have heard that it was said, ‘YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY’; 28 but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 “If your right eye makes you stumble, tear it out and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 30 “If your right hand makes you stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to go into hell.
31 “It was said, ‘WHOEVER SENDS HIS WIFE AWAY, LET HIM GIVE HER A CERTIFICATE OF DIVORCE’; 32 but I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except for the reason of unchastity, makes her commit adultery; and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.
33 “Again, you have heard that the ancients were told, ‘YOU SHALL NOT MAKE FALSE VOWS, BUT SHALL FULFILL YOUR VOWS TO THE LORD.’ 34 “But I say to you, make no oath at all, either by heaven, for it is the throne of G-d, 35 or by the earth, for it is the footstool of His feet, or by Jerusalem, for it is THE CITY OF THE GREAT KING. 36 “Nor shall you make an oath by your head, for you cannot make one hair white or black. 37 “But let your statement be, ‘Yes, yes’ or ‘No, no’; anything beyond these is of evil.
38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘AN EYE FOR AN EYE, AND A TOOTH FOR A TOOTH.’ 39 “But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. 40 “If anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, let him have your coat also. 41 “Whoever forces you to go one mile, go with him two. 42 “Give to him who asks of you, and do not turn away from him who wants to borrow from you.
43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR and hate your enemy.’ 44 “But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 “For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 “If you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? 48 “Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 08:09:47 AM by Ambiorix »
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2008, 10:29:37 AM »
Christian Compassion
And the Wrath of God

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!

Justice: So Important to the God of Love

Several Scriptures telling us not to retaliate, emphasize that this is not to let the offender get off scot-free, but to release the Almighty to execute judgment.

Romans 12:19 Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord. (20) On the contrary: “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.”

Proverbs 24: 17 Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when he stumbles, do not let your heart rejoice, (18) or the LORD will see and disapprove and turn his wrath away from him.

This shocks us, even though it blends in with other Scriptures that seem to speak of vengeance with peculiar relish:

2 Thessalonians 1:4 . . . we boast about your perseverance and faith in all the persecutions and trials you are enduring. (5) All this is evidence that God’s judgment is right, and as a result you will be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you are suffering. (6) God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you (7) and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well. This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels. (8) He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. (9) They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the majesty of his power

Revelation 6:9 . . . I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained. (10) They called out in a loud voice, “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?” (11) Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the number of their fellow servants and brothers who were to be killed as they had been was completed.

Deuteronomy 32:43 Rejoice, O nations, with his people, for he will avenge the blood of his servants; he will take vengeance on his enemies and make atonement for his land and people.

We discovered in the previous page, significant reasons for God urging us not to take vengeance into our own hands. For even more insight into this perplexing issue and an examination of how loving our enemies fits into divine vengeance, let’s explore a powerful passage of Scripture, commenting as we go.

Read entire article Ambroix or anybody who is decieved by marxist liberation "theologians" that Christianity is pacifist religion:

http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2008, 11:08:56 AM »
Thank you for the feedback.
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2008, 06:32:50 PM »
Thank you for the feedback.

Is it righteous to stand idle when your brother is killed?

No. Is is UNRIGHTEOUS.  Soldiers when at war, are HEROIC, they OFTEN go in the place of danger, NOT knowing if they will live or die, yet they stand in that gap that may kill a fellow comrade- OHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! That we would be like THAT.  THAT IS COURAGE. That is what it takes- so....How MUCH MORE for our G-d?  I will be counted among those who are like THAT.  O0
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline SerbChicago

• Master JTFer
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2008, 07:08:03 PM »
Thank you!
The truth,justice and Serbian way

Offline cltcwarlord

• New JTFer
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2012, 04:29:33 AM »
We are behind you Chaim.