Author Topic: The New York Sun on Nancy Pelosi And this is suppose to be a conservative paper  (Read 2051 times)

adam613

This is what the editor's had to say in Friday's New York Sun (Jan 5th) which is incidentally is run by Jews who I was told were religious which doesn't mean much today anyway.

Here is what the editors of the New York Sun Had to say on Nancy Pelosi.

The accession of Nancy Pelosi as speaker of the house is a moment of reflect on- to appreciate- the advance that women have made in public life A generation or two ago it would have been hard to imagine a women emerging as 3rd in line of succession as President. It was 73 years ago that Frances Perkins became the first women in any presidential cabinet- and, we noted in the entry on her in Wikipedia, the first women to enter the presidential line of succession. Yet, today a quick count suggests that Mrs. Pelosi brings to five- Secretaries Peters, Chao, Rice, and Spellings, in addition to Mrs. Pelosi - the number of women currently in the 17 person life of succession.

We wouldn't want to make too much of all this. Clearly the advance of women in America has been too slow, and we have no doubt that the glass ceiling is as all too real in public life as it is in the corporate world. But the failings of our society to make the most of the leadership potential of America's women need not diminish the moment in the country witnessed yesterday in the congress. Mrs. Pelosi and this newspaper don't agree on huge areas of policy, and there will be plenty of time to deal with those issues. But each advance of the kind that Mrs. Pelosi has made makes it easier for the next women aspiring to high office and we have little doubt that New Yorkers share the excitement that she and the Congress, indeed, the country felt as she gaveled the 110th House of Representatives into session.

Offline fjack

• Master JTFer
I am getting sick and tired of hearing he or she is the first this, the first that etc. What happens when a pagan runs for congress, will they say 'he is the first pagan to be elected at such a high office'. How about a heterophobic, that was married in San Fran to another heterophobic, will they say,'He is the first married gay to achieve such a high office'. The only 'first' that I want to hear is 'he or she is the first JTF member to elected to such a high office'. That one I could live with.