Author Topic: Jewish and Israeli history  (Read 2599 times)

Offline rob shepherd

• Full JTFer
  • We will be victorious!!
    • myspace.com
Jewish and Israeli history
« on: April 24, 2008, 10:56:44 PM »
Shalom to all my Hebrew friends and good evening to all my gentile friends.  Again I wish to speak my mind.  I do so knowing that I will not be called a racist, a warmonger, or a hatemonger.  And if I am, then you do not need to be here.  Now about my subject.  One of my favorite books is Ol' Jerusalem.  I have forgotten who the author was, but I do know that I truly love that great work.  I have read many works about Israel and her struggle to survive.  In Ol' Jerusalem, it tells of the freedom fighters trying to rid themselves of the yoke of tyranny that Great Britian had them shackeled to.  All of the exploits of those brave men remind me of my own countries struggle against Great Britian.  How the warriors fought and died to become a nation of free men and have a home that was their's to begin with.  America stood by Israel as they struggled to to fight off the Arab nations that vowed to destroy them.  And as Israel struggled to survive, so did America in the early years.  We have stood by Israel since the birth of their great nation in 1949, I think it was 1949.  Israel is the land of God's chosen people and America is One Nation Under God.  At least we used to be.  We have to stand by Israel through thick and thin and support them in every way we can.  After all, what nation in the world can modify the F-15 long before we did.  Our nations are in a war that is no different from the war against the bastard Hitler.  Anyway, I am looking for new books to read.  If you can guide me to the right authors I would greatly appreciate it.  I don't want to get a hold of any books by some commie bleeding heart by mistake.  In closing, I wish to say, God bless ISRAEL and God bless AMERICA!!!!!!
Rob Shepherd, proud AMERICAN infidel

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Jewish and Israeli history
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 09:20:56 AM »
I like to suggest you read Josephus' Wars of The Jews, since its the best account of the Great rebellion 66-60AD.

What sort of books are you looking for. I never heard of Ol' Jerusalem, is that a history or rather historical novel?

Offline rob shepherd

• Full JTFer
  • We will be victorious!!
    • myspace.com
Re: Jewish and Israeli history
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 01:19:42 PM »
Thanks Zelhar, I'll look for that one.  As for Ol' Jerusalem, it is a non-fiction account of the struggle of the Israeli people to become a nation after the horrors of WWII.  It tells of the different factions of the political scene and of the inner struggles for power between them.  It tells about the bombing of the King David Hotel and the fight against the British and the seven or so Arab, dog lovers, armies.  It is truly an awesome work.  I loved it as soon as I started reading it.  It was really hard to put down.
Rob Shepherd, proud AMERICAN infidel