Author Topic: Slate Article: Obama should drop out  (Read 1518 times)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Slate Article: Obama should drop out
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 02:04:30 PM »
The article basically says that if he drops out now he's a sure win next time around. I don't believe that, but I think it's good to have headlines like this. It might get people to thinking Obama is behind even if he's not.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 02:07:13 PM »
The article basically says that if he drops out now he's a sure win next time around. I don't believe that, but I think it's good to have headlines like this. It might get people to thinking Obama is behind even if he's not.
Yes i read it the guy says obama will then look the Messiah again.I never looked at him as anything but a lefist
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 02:09:40 PM »
Yes, he should drop out, but not if it results in what the author of this article thinks.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 02:11:53 PM »
Yes, he should drop out, but not if it results in what the author of this article thinks.

Many more people will read the headline than will read the actual article, and it could create an impression that Obama's campaign is suffering after the defeat in Pennsylvania, even if it isn't, in reality. Sometimes impressions are everything.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 02:29:57 PM »

Yes i read it the guy says obama will then look the Messiah again.I never looked at him as anything but a lefist

One of the reasons why Obama was doing so well is because most people knew nothing about him.  All they knew is that he claimed to have good judgment and claimed to be a unifier.  The media repeated what he'd say and people bought whatever he said the media said.   

Both of these claims are false rhetoric and the facts of reality have proven his claims to be wrong. 

Some of the people who voted for him in primaries definitely wouldn't have voted for him in previous ones if they had known more about him.  So Hillary would have been winning in the popular vote (nos sure about delegates) not including Florida and Michigan. 

Speaking of Michigan, Obama was the one who took his name off the ballot.  He was pandering to voters in Iowa.  Iowa didn't like it that Mchigan moved up its primary.  Iowa thought that if other states like Michigan moved up, it would cause Iowa's influence to be diminished.  So he promised voters in Iowa that if they'd vote for him, he'd take his name off the ballot.  Hillary won the vote in Michigan.   But those votes may not count.