Author Topic: Where can I look without solely coming across super sluts?  (Read 14075 times)

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
While I am becoming more religious gradually, I still would not be classified Orthodox.  That said, I realize my chances of finding a nice Jewish girl are lower than if I were Orthodox, but I was wondering where you guys think I could look without solely coming across super sluts?  The girl does not have to live in an Ivory Tower, but I would prefer if she didn't have a history of dating half of Harlem, Liberal bias, or an afffinity for Hip-Hop.  Any advice would be appreciated.   O0

« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 02:51:48 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
Re: Where can I look without solely coming across super sluts?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 04:21:35 PM »
I'd go to community Shabbt Dinners or Jewish Social events with College age Females Chabad is also great for finding good girls. I think you are 27 correct me if I am wrong. 22 or 23 shouldn't be too old for you and they should be classy
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 10:17:00 PM »
While I am becoming more religious gradually, I still would not be classified Orthodox.  That said, I realize my chances of finding a nice Jewish girl are lower than if I were Orthodox, but I was wondering where you guys think I could look without solely coming across SuperSluts?  The girl does not have to live in an Ivory Tower, but I would prefer if she didn't have a history of dating half of Harlem, Liberal bias, or an afffinity for Hip-Hop.  Any advice would be appreciated.   O0

I do not know where you live, but if their are real Jewish events in your area, attend them. Also it would be good to have a Rabbi that knows you and would be able to find a match for you. Being "more religious" is a process that everyone has to do, no matter what level one is in, everyone can and should grow and be better, but for starters at least you should do for yourself most importantly- and in addition to that show the girl that you are doing and willing to keep Shabb-t (the covenent between G-d and the nation of Israel) and Taharat Mishpacha (Family Purity, and also keeping away and being clean from all the sex crimes, etc.). In addition to that (I think you are probably already doing that), is to put on Tefillin every day one has to put it on, even if only for 5 minutes.  Thats the good start and part of the covenent between G-d and the nation of Israel ShaBaT=  Shabb-t Brit Tefillin 
  If one does that as for starters I think that it would definitly be good for many of the girls, even if they are more religious then you, and it would not be that much of a problem. I think that many of the girls would be willing to try it out with a guy who at least shows that he is trying and is doing these things at the very least.
  As for you finding a girl. The more religious, usualy the better. I understand one would not want someone who is completly above and comes from a different mentality, etc. (and she would prob not want you). ......... (g2g will finish thought later).
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 11:19:21 PM »
continuation -

But you should definitly look around. Find a good girl, who dresses modestly, is willing to follow at least the laws of Shabb-t and family purity. Someone you are attracted to, and someone who isn't just doing that to get married, but realy is her personality and cares about and loves G-d and his Mitzvot.
  (these are just the very very least), of-course theirs more to be said, and depending on what one is looking at personaly for their level and their type. Also look into her family and the reputation they have.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Moodsformoderns

• New JTFer
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 07:02:47 PM »
HELLO Ari - go on J-Date and Match.com - I know so many people who met and married on the internet, it is not funny.  Just be honest about who you are and what you want and decide you will be honorable and not too insanely picky (it's perfectly fine to have requirements about values and the basics, but don't rule out everyone).  A woman should be "azer knegdo" - meaning partner who is also an opponent - someone who can be honest with you but in a kind and womanly way.  And please - find an Adult -someone who raises the bar and acts like an adult woman (a woman who likes men, who does not nag, who knows how to communicate).
Good luck and love,
Moodsformoderns
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 02:52:08 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 03:36:26 PM »
People keep responding to Ari but he has been banned for a month already. However, I would like to point out that sites like J Date are not real Jewish sites and Match.com is not for Jews at all.

May be banned users should have under their name a display  like 'temporary-banned' 'permanent-banned' or just 'banned', is iy t doable?

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 06:34:08 PM »
I don't think the fact that he was banned is relevant or worth bringing up

People will realise he isn't responding .  And the content of the discussion may still be of interest anyway,  despite the original poster's malicious behaviour, and despite the fact that the original poster has been banned.

At the same time.. if somebody knows an original poster has been banned, it's a bit silly to post thus "reactivating" the thread such that there is a "new reply" after x months, when the thread could have been history.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 06:36:54 PM by q_q_ »

Offline Katie

• Full JTFer
  • OBAMA SUCKS
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 03:27:52 AM »
there are good girls out there! dont lose hope :) you will find one!!
"Over the last 15 months, we've traveled to every corner of the United States. I've now been in 57 states? I think one left to go." - Barack Obama

haha

Offline Edward

• Senior JTFer
  • יברך אלוהים את אמריקה ואת ישראל וכל אוהבי ע&a
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2010, 05:04:02 AM »
yeah... it's difficult to find good Jewish girls recently... but I'm lucky, I found my soulmate