Author Topic: Ask JTF For February 4 Broadcast  (Read 12785 times)

Offline Hidden Author

• Junior JTFer
Re: Ask JTF For February 4 Broadcast
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2007, 06:19:38 PM »
1. You said "Most Talmudic sources - such as Rashi, Targum Yonatan Ben Uziel and HaRav Yehuda Halevi translate "river of Egypt" as the Nile River" while a "minority of Talmudic sources - such as Rambam (in Hilchot Shabbat) and HaRav Saadya Gaon - contends that the "river of Egypt" is Wadi El Arish in the Sinai." If the majority of Talmudic sources are right then doesn't eastern Egypt belongs to Israel? How far south into Egypt (or NE Africa) would Israel's rightful boundaries lay?

2. It would seem that the Irgun slogan "Two Banks has the Jordan-–This is ours and, that is as well" in light of the Biblical verses in light of Deuteronomy 34:4 where G-d tells Moses that he will die without entering the Land of Israel even though he is already on the East Bank and even though he already passes through the Sinai and the Negev. (Apparently the Sinai and the Negev were not considered part of the Land of Israel either.)Furthermore Deuteronomy 2 tells us that much of the East Bank belongs not to the descendants of Jacob but rather the descendants of Esau and Lot.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
Re: Ask JTF For February 4 Broadcast
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2007, 03:42:36 AM »
Shalom Chaim, ma nishma?

You mentioned on a show a few months ago that before the Nazis started murdering Jews, they wanted to ship them to Israel instead, but the British government wouldn't allow it. I've been trying to research this to use it in articles, but I haven't come up with any results. Would you be able to tell me where you found this out?

P.S - I will soon enable my computer with Hebrew characters, so I will be able to ask you simple questions on the Hebrew forum.. it will force me to improve my Hebrew, hope you don't mind!

Toda Raba,
Vito