Author Topic: Ask JTF For January 21 Broadcast  (Read 14969 times)

Offline ape

• Senior JTFer
Re: Ask JTF For January 21 Broadcast
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2007, 07:31:53 PM »
What is your favorite television comedy show (now or from the 70s or 80s)?
thank you
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 07:33:25 PM by ape_has_killed_ape »

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2007, 07:35:24 PM »
What is your favorite television comedy show (now or from the 70s or 80s)?
thank you
Chaim, have you seen "24" on fox.  It makes fun of the muslims for showing almost all of them as terrorists and is fun to watch. 
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

adam613

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2007, 01:34:34 AM »
What are your views on Robert Spencer. I am currently reading his book The Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam. He lives in a secure, undisclosed location the reason being obvious.

I enjoyed the last two general articles on JTF. On Iran and Speilberg. I wanted to add that Rabbi Lamm also from 1987 was allowing a gay club to be an activity on campus.

Offline jimmythegent

• New JTFer
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2007, 10:29:55 AM »

Hi Chaim,

Comments:

I find it great that you publish the shows in MP3 format. Now I load the tracks on my iPod, and I listen them on the bus in the morning :) (BTW, you should ask your webmasters to add ID3 tags in the MP3 files)

I especially liked one of your broadcast you did last year. It was that JTF show on the story of Passover. It was sooo good! You had a bad cold but you still did the show. I was very impressed with your level of dedication!

Question:

What were Rabbie Kahane's views on the Book of Sirach (Old Test) ?

Jimmy the Gent

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2007, 10:55:06 AM »
Chaim,

I recently had a discussion with a few of my colleagues about illegal immigration. Just for clarification my position is actually in line with yours. But they brought up a few points worth considering. Feel free to tear them all down. If we end all illegal immigration and deport all illegal aliens, who will do the menial labor that only they are willing to do? Who will pick the oranges in the orange groves in California? Who will mow the lawns? Blacks? Also, doesn't America have a quota system that is disproportionately in favor of first world European countries? What about the northern border? Both borders are quite porous and not immune to illegal immigration. Why focus all of this concentration on the southern border? Also, black Haitians are deported in greater numbers than Cuban refugees who both come to this country presumably under the same circumstances. A guess worker program would provide a method of keeping track of all these illegal aliens and allow the American gov't to tax them. Why not? Aren't the illegal aliens held in the same regard as the Irish once were? Didn't we initially have gangs with the immigrants from Europe? Isn't this just another phase in the American society?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 12:28:28 PM by Devil's Advocate »

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2007, 05:49:21 PM »
Hello Dear Chaim,

Hope all is well and that you had a more restful week.  Remember to always put your health first, even ahead of the cause if need be temporalily.  This week I have just a couple of quick questions, hopefully keeping with the new format.  First off, I was wondering if you could reccommend some good Kosher establishments in the NYC/Long Island area, restaurants, health foood stores and markets, etc. 

Second, I remember you mentioning a while back that David Ben Moshe is an avid bodybuilder.  Can you please expand on his nutrition and exercise habits if you are familiar with them.  You have done a great job of explaining your habits in the forum, but I am always looking for multiple perspectives when it comes to health related matters.  Thanks very much always.  All the best until next week G-d willing.

Ari