Should it be banned?

Yes.
5 (9.1%)
Yes, absolutely.
8 (14.5%)
No.
42 (76.4%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: What Do You Think Of Pre-Marital Intimacy And/Or Touching?  (Read 155382 times)

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
Re: Should male-female pre-marital touching be banned?
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2008, 03:22:15 PM »
Ask David ben Moshe. I am a PRUDE and PROUD of it. I am WORTH the wait, HE IS WORTH the wait. ;)

Isn't he Jewish and you are not?  ???
 Anyway dont worry you dont have to wait, but Jews have to.

no paulette is jewish i'm pretty sure of it..am i right?

I am Jewish from my MOMS side of the family, TYVM.  ;)  Even if I had NO roots, in Judaism, I would still stay true to my belief that this is not good, perhaps its just the Jew in me.  >:(    I mean COME ON!! What do you think anyway, that some other young girls grew up with ZERO scruples? Bad parenting b/c they are not Jewish? That is very BIASED.  My BEST friend was a Catholic girl- 36 yrs we were BEST friends- she had EXCELLENT parenting and saved herself for MARRIAGE. Jeeeezzzzzzzz!!!! Sex b4 marriage is NOT good. PERIOD. Jew or NOT.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2008, 03:22:21 PM »
People will not support JTF if Chaim tries to ban things like this, Jews are not backward people they are very civilized they are basically Europeans. This kinda stuff can work in Iran but not in Israel.

Civilized and Europeans are two words that do not go together. If you call the degenerate culture of Europe civilized then we have a problem as to where this movement is going.

JTF is not a libertarian free for all but a Jewish movement for restoring Judaism to Israel.

The problem is that too many Jews have become as HaRav Kahane would say Hellenized into thinking that Judaism is a Western Value.

Too quote HaRav Kahane "most Jews wouldn't know a Jewish concept if they tripped over one"
"Thomas Jefferson and John Locke do not express Jewish values"!!!

Why does everyone bash Thomas Jefferson on here?

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/US-Israel/jeffjews.html

Thomas Jefferson was not a true G-d fearing Christian but a deist, which is similar to a secular humanist.

He only pretended to be a Christian for political reasons like many of the politicians of today. Jefferson gets way too much credit for his role in the founding of the U.S.

He despised real Christians and detested Jews, his phrase "wall of separation between Church and State" has become the shield for atheists to use against religious Christians in the U.S. And has become a standard that Israeli secularists seek to live up to.

Jefferson was not even involved in writing the U.S. Constitution because he was the U.S. minister to France at the time, and later supported the Jacobin faction during the French Revolution.

Weren't most of the founding fathers free masons/deist escaping religious persecution in Europe?

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2008, 03:26:14 PM »
It's no fair to the woman if a man touches her because he gets sexual enjoyment from touching her. I will not shake an attractive woman's hand because I don't want to use her for enjoyment and because it is a sin to have such enjoyment from a woman other than my wife.

I've never heard of anyone getting pleasure in shaking a womens hand, I guess in this crazy world, anythings possible though.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2008, 03:35:50 PM »
Ask David ben Moshe. I am a PRUDE and PROUD of it. I am WORTH the wait, HE IS WORTH the wait. ;)

Isn't he Jewish and you are not?  ???
 Anyway dont worry you dont have to wait, but Jews have to.

no paulette is jewish i'm pretty sure of it..am i right?

I am Jewish from my MOMS side of the family, TYVM.  ;)  Even if I had NO roots, in Judaism, I would still stay true to my belief that this is not good, perhaps its just the Jew in me.  >:(    I mean COME ON!! What do you think anyway, that some other young girls grew up with ZERO scruples? Bad parenting b/c they are not Jewish? That is very BIASED.  My BEST friend was a Catholic girl- 36 yrs we were BEST friends- she had EXCELLENT parenting and saved herself for MARRIAGE. Jeeeezzzzzzzz!!!! Sex b4 marriage is NOT good. PERIOD. Jew or NOT.

Then you are Jewish, Halahically. (if your mom is Jewish and her mom is Jewish).
  What I meant is that if you aren't Jewish you didn't have to (from G-d's point of view) to have a "marriage" because technically the marriage certificate that one gets is a legal contract (having more to do with buisness, then religion). But a Jewish person has to have a Ketuva and a religious contract to be with a person. (they are concidered married), but if one is a gentile the act and being together is concidered as marriage. And a noahide doesn't need to be worried.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2008, 03:38:19 PM »
It's no fair to the woman if a man touches her because he gets sexual enjoyment from touching her. I will not shake an attractive woman's hand because I don't want to use her for enjoyment and because it is a sin to have such enjoyment from a woman other than my wife.

I've never heard of anyone getting pleasure in shaking a womens hand, I guess in this crazy world, anythings possible though.

If a man never touches women, obviously he will get turned on by touching a woman.

Even this one?

Offline Maimonides

• Pro JTFer
  • The Greatest Jewish Sage
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2008, 03:45:36 PM »
People will not support JTF if Chaim tries to ban things like this, Jews are not backward people they are very civilized they are basically Europeans. This kinda stuff can work in Iran but not in Israel.

Civilized and Europeans are two words that do not go together. If you call the degenerate culture of Europe civilized then we have a problem as to where this movement is going.

JTF is not a libertarian free for all but a Jewish movement for restoring Judaism to Israel.

The problem is that too many Jews have become as HaRav Kahane would say Hellenized into thinking that Judaism is a Western Value.

Too quote HaRav Kahane "most Jews wouldn't know a Jewish concept if they tripped over one"

Thomas Jefferson was not a true G-d fearing Christian but a deist, which is similar to a secular humanist.

He only pretended to be a Christian for political reasons like many of the politicians of today. Jefferson gets way too much credit for his role in the founding of the U.S.

He despised real Christians and detested Jews, his phrase "wall of separation between Church and State" has become the shield for atheists to use against religious Christians in the U.S. And has become a standard that Israeli secularists seek to live up to.

Jefferson was not even involved in writing the U.S. Constitution because he was the U.S. minister to France at the time, and later supported the Jacobin faction during the French Revolution.

Weren't most of the founding fathers free masons/deist escaping religious persecution in Europe?

You're thinking of the Puritans who fled the Anglican Church of England. They certainly were not exactly friendly towards Jews.

But by the time of founding fathers there was a more hospital atmosphere towards Jews in America.

Despite the myths of secularists most of the Founding Fathers were religious, and opposed an established Church that existed in England because they saw it was a corrupting political influence on religion.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 03:47:07 PM by Maimonides »
“You must accept the truth from whatever source it comes”- Maimonides

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2008, 03:50:06 PM »

You're thinking of the Puritans who fled the Anglican Church of England. They certainly were not exactly friendly towards Jews.

But by the time of founding fathers there was a more hospital atmosphere towards Jews in America.

Despite the myths of secularists most of the Founding Fathers were religious, and opposed an established Church that existed in England because they saw it was a corrupting political influence on religion.

With how corrupt our school systems and our courts are, I wonder if the name of G-d and the 10 commandments should even be tainted in such a way in those court houses.

Theres nothing holy about our governmental institutes.

Offline Maimonides

• Pro JTFer
  • The Greatest Jewish Sage
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2008, 04:07:02 PM »

But The Pilgrims were Righteous Gentiles who wanted to purify their religion of Pre-Christian pagan influences and therefore celebrated Thanksgiving based on the Biblical Jewish holiday of Sukkot rather than Christmas which came from Pre-Christian pagan Sun worship. They banned Christmas in America.

True after all they were "The Puritans" but my main problem with them is that they saw themselves as the successors of the Jews, which smacks of replacement theology

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/US-Israel/Jews_Connecticut.html

The Pilgrims who landed at Plymouth Rock in 1620 and the Puritans who founded Boston in 1630 saw themselves as authentic successors to the ancient Hebrews. New England was to be their New Jerusalem, a society based on the covenant between G-d and Abraham. Just as Moses had led the Jews out of Egypt, through the wilderness and into the promised land of Canaan, John Winthrop had led the Puritans out of a corrupt church in England to the wilderness of New England, where a pure church and polity could be re-established. By their own account, biblical Jews inspired the Puritans’ vision and aspirations.....

Yet, New England’s Puritans were less than hospitable to Jews they actually found among them. The Connecticut colony they founded offers a clear example of the contradiction between their high regard for biblical Jews and their reluctance to have real-life Jews as neighbors......

Connecticut colony’s 1662 royal charter declared that “the Christian faith is the only and principal end of this plantation.” .....

Jews were lumped “with heretics, Catholics [and others] to whom it was illegal to give food or lodging under the early legal codes of Hartford and New Haven.” The royal charter explicitly denied Jews the right to build synagogues, worship as an assembled group, purchase land for a cemetery, vote or hold public office. It is no surprise, then, that only a handful of Jews resided in Connecticut during the years of Puritan domination. The first reference to a Jew in Connecticut is to one “David the Jew,” who was arrested and fined by a Hartford court in 1659 for illegal peddling. A more telling case is that of Jacob Lucena, identified as “Jacob the Jew” in court records, who in 1670 was charged, in a manner reminiscent of 2Oth-century Southern lynch mobs, with the crime of being “notorious in his lascivious dalliance and wanton carriage and proffers to several women.”

« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 04:11:08 PM by Maimonides »
“You must accept the truth from whatever source it comes”- Maimonides

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2008, 04:11:56 PM »

If a man never touches women, obviously he will get turned on by touching a woman.

Even this one?

:::D  
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2008, 04:48:48 PM »
Like I said, I love Judaism.. I love Torah..I love the infinte wisdom of the Rabbis...But I despise it when a religious Jew tells any less religious Jew that everything he/she does is a sin and that they will DIE or NEVER come back in the world to come if they don't become religious like them...

No one said touching the opposite gender prevents you from going to The World To Come.

then the prospect of banning it is a mistake you are making...you touch a very sensitive point with me and other less religious Jews on this subject. You can't just ban things like that.  To not touch someone of the opposite sex until you are married is a personal choice one decides to make..and an idealistic Jew who can do such a thing shoudl at least try it.  For those who are religous who do it, they should only show and explain the beauty of not doing it and how great it is...the person who listens can decide for him/herself to practice it that way or not...But to ban this or ban that...bad move..bad wording...it's not right.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2008, 04:50:41 PM »

I didn't realize men thought of sex when they shook someone's hand.

What concerns me is that women would be the ones being disadvantaged professionally because much of the business world is male and much of the medical profession is male. So if you're a female businessperson or doctor and you can't shake hands with a colleague or examine someone of the opposite gender then you're going to be severely disadvantaged compared to your male counterparts.

Don't worry rubystars..I don't think of sex when a shake a woman's hand...However, if i"M holding my girlfriend's hand and we come across haredi or any yamulka wearing jew, we let go of each other out of respect.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2008, 04:55:21 PM »

I don't think man get sexual enjoyment from hand shakes (with the possible exception of some weird fetishes), and if they do get sexual pleasure then they get it even more so from looking and hearing a woman, so men simply better behave themselves and if they can't their place is in the Zoo.

Moreover if you wouldn't shake the hand of attractive women I think you should avoid it altogether because otherwise you would be implicitly calling some woman unattractive and that might hurt them.

I would idealy be careful of shaking a married woman's hand out of respect of her husband...but that all depends on the culture of the community...I mean i will wait for a woman to offer her hand...or even the cheek for a hello..but if she doesn't a simple bow suffices..

With men too, unless they offer their hand, i give a little bow.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2008, 04:59:26 PM »
Not only about thinking about sex, what about the impurity of Nidda? And by the way it would be much worse asking the girl if she's in nidda or not, in order to touch her hand. + Also it is a safe guard agains't doing even more things before marriage. It first starts with holding hands, then slowly that line of defense is broken, and they start kissing, then more and more, until you get a society that has pregnant 12 year old girls (and no not married like in the very old days where people married at 12 and 13), but pregnant and asking and needing support from parents and welfare, not knowing who the baby daddy is.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2008, 05:02:07 PM »
Not only about thinking about sex, what about the impurity of Nidda? And by the way it would be much worse asking the girl if she's in nidda or not, in order to touch her hand. + Also it is a safe guard agains't doing even more things before marriage. It first starts with holding hands, then slowly that line of defense is broken, and they start kissing, then more and more, until you get a society that has pregnant 12 year old girls (and no not married like in the very old days where people married at 12 and 13), but pregnant and asking and needing support from parents and welfare, not knowing who the baby daddy is.

Sometimes yes...but all the time definately not.

Certainly I agree with you Tzvi on these Jewish concepts...and i respect those who practice shomer negia..i do believe it is a beautiful thing...but it is very very difficult for someone like me to practice this ritual..my love to all who do it well.

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2008, 05:52:46 PM »

What concerns me is that women would be the ones being disadvantaged professionally because much of the business world is male and much of the medical profession is male. So if you're a female businessperson or doctor and you can't shake hands with a colleague or examine someone of the opposite gender then you're going to be severely disadvantaged compared to your male counterparts.

Don't worry rubystars..I don't think of sex when a shake a woman's hand...However, if i"M holding my girlfriend's hand and we come across haredi or any yamulka wearing jew, we let go of each other out of respect.

I never said that men think of sex when shaking a woman's hand. I said they feel a sexually pleasureful feeling in their body. It is a body reaction, not a thought.

I never noticed before.

Offline FULL METAL JACKET

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2008, 06:05:10 PM »

I never said that men think of sex when shaking a woman's hand. I said they feel a sexually pleasureful feeling in their body. It is a body reaction, not a thought.
A rather broad generalization I think............

Perhaps for a guy who is never around women and barely dates that might be true.
Formely known as "1986"

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2008, 06:29:16 PM »
Baltimore gave a great post. Current society needs to stop sexualising every single thing it advertises! I've even seen mineral water being promoted as something sexual!

I would say that it shouldn't be put down as a law, to ban. It would just go to show how incapable and uncivilised people are, to not keep themselves to themselves whilst in public (i'm meaning excessive pre-marital touching not a hand shake or anything). It is an intentional thing....and a persons choice...whatever the right thing to do.

Offline The Shadow

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2008, 09:45:06 PM »
I don't think it's a good idea to post questions like this.   It's possible you're gonna turn off  potential new members who might have other-wised,  joined.  They very well might think that wew're trying to shove religion, morals, or personal beliefs down their throats

Anyhow, there are benefits to keeping your nose clean, it can save a man  a lifetime of misery.    One stupid mistake has ruinned the life of many men, of every age!!   Seen it first hand, ten times over.   

Men-- keep your zippers up, and your nose at the grindstone.

Your friend,

The Shadow   

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2008, 11:31:59 PM »

Perhaps for a guy who is never around women and barely dates that might be true.

Well Jewish men are not allowed to kiss women before marriage so any physical contact with a woman can be a sexual experience.

No, a sexual experience is having sex, not for example shaking a womans hand. Thinking about sex isn't a sexual experience either.
Formely known as "1986"

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2008, 11:34:41 PM »

Well Jewish men are not allowed to kiss women before marriage so any physical contact with a woman can be a sexual experience.

No, a sexual experience is having sex, not for example shaking a womans hand. Thinking about sex isn't a sexual experience either.

But if I shake a very attractive woman's hand, I will get a sexual feeling in my body. So therefore I refrain from doing so.

When you say banned do you mean in America or IN Israel?

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2008, 11:41:50 PM »
OK i was just curious thank you O0

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2008, 11:57:07 PM »

But if I shake a very attractive woman's hand, I will get a sexual feeling in my body. So therefore I refrain from doing so.

Fair enough, I see what you mean now.
Formely known as "1986"

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2008, 01:48:32 AM »

What if you look at an attractive women and have sexual feelings as a result; would you ban looking at attractive women? This is likely the origin of the dress code amongst muslime women.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2008, 02:10:01 AM »

Yacov, in todays world it is hard to walk in the streets of NYC espsecially in the summertime without seeing women provocatively dressed. It is your job to condition yourself not to be effected by it. Shaking a womans hand is not more problematic than looking at a scatily clad women as far as the temptation aspect you have brought up is concerned. Hand shaking is not a sexual thing. Many women have jobs and careers so hand shaking is common. It is not a sexual thing at all unless its carried out in a situation a person shouldn't be in to begin with.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #74 on: May 23, 2008, 03:21:52 AM »

What if you look at an attractive women and have sexual feelings as a result; would you ban looking at attractive women? This is likely the origin of the dress code amongst muslime women.

According to Judaism, you're not supposed to gaze at a woman's beauty unless the intent is marriage and then you can even smile at her. So Judaism already banned it although I personally only refrain from touching. Men listening to women sing is also banned in Judaism but I don't obey by that either.

Yacov, the fact that you are very careful in this area is something that you should be commended for. It is a healthy way to live and it avoids many of the problems plaguing our culture today. I salute you for your morality.
I am urinating on a Koran.