Author Topic: Applying to Medical Schools in America (ridiculous)  (Read 6213 times)

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
Applying to Medical Schools in America (ridiculous)
« on: September 03, 2006, 11:07:26 AM »
Alright, I gotta vent because this is relevent to how [censored] America is becoming and how far it has fallen already.

I'm applying to medical school at the moment and I am applying to a handful of medical schools in the US. I am Canadian and have applied to Canadian schools first and now am looking to the US to raise my chances. My goodness! In Canada, our native Indians get affirmative action treatment in school but there are so few it doesn't affect any of the rest who want to get in. There just aren't that many of them and not even a fraction who want to be doctors.

90% of US medical schools require an English course to be taken in your undergraduate degree. This is odd considering most medical students come from a science background(usually biology, chemistry or physiology). Now I thought about this for a second and it became even more absurd when you look at schools like UCLA, New York, etc being the schools that require it! These schools go on to brag in their information package that their classes are so diverse. Now let me ask you this: If their classes are so diverse(black and Hispanic), how can you legitimately require an English course? Half the blacks and Hispanics can't compose English properly!

I went to the Harvard medical school website. Harvard I believe was rated the #1 school in America just recently. They state on their website that over HALF THEIR MED CLASS ARE VISIBLE MINORITIES. Yes, you read that right. As a caucasian individual from out of state, why even bother applying? I can't compete with affirmative action students when they take up over half the damn class. Half the class! In Harvard!

And then I checked Utah's med website. They require a course in DIVERSITY. I almost crapped myself. You need to take a course that teaches you the history or culture of a visible minority to be a MEDICAL STUDENT at that school. How the hell does knowing about Harriet Tubman or the Aztecs prepare me to be a doctor?!? And this isn't UCLA where all the students in medicine are black/Hispanic. This is in UTAH. Oh, they also require an English course too.

This is just so demoralizing. I thought Canada was going downhill! Every damn picture on every school's medical website shows black and Hispanic medical students learning techniques or treating patients. It's unbelievable! This is truly like walking through the twilight zone here.

Sometimes I listen to Chaim on the computer and I felt he was exagerating certain things about the affirmative action crowd. Now I know virtually every word he says is true.

I just gotta pray for America. We all should. :'(
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
Re: Applying to Medical Schools in America (ridiculous)
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 01:04:05 PM »
It's insanity, isn't it? It's such a farce... all this politically correct crap is ruining our country and the people of this country are living in a complete fantasy to relieve themselves of responsibility.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Rhuan

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 01:18:50 PM »
Political correctness has gone as far now, that it is racism against Caucasians.

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 06:14:41 PM »
Political correctness has gone as far now, that it is racism against Caucasians.

Right? So true... we have the highest racism against us and get blamed for all the racism. It's insane... these people need to wake up and quit hating themselves for being white.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 09:13:39 PM »
The real horror hasn't begun yet, the real horror starts when these "diverse" medical students finish school and start practicing medicine.
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline NeverMore

• Senior JTFer
  • Glory to the Brave!
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 10:42:59 AM »
same thing here in Israel. you can be Jewish and study hard in school, and not be accepted to university because some mediocre arab student had to be accepted due to the diversity policy. if not this stupid policy, which prefers arabs over Jews, we would have about 3 arabs in my faculty, and not having 25% or more arabs studying in the "Technion", lowering its level and filling the toilet booths with antisemitic writings... believe it or not, thats what going on in the so called Jewish state.  >:(

Kahane was right!

yephora

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2006, 12:15:59 PM »
NeverMore, I don't doubt a word of it. All the more amazing then how many wonderful discoveries Technion manages to produce, to the benefit of the entire world.
Were there no Arabs in Technion, only Jews, one can only imagine how much more brilliance would come out of there!

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2006, 09:53:16 PM »
Who has more potential to kill someone due to malpractice: a black, a hispanic or an arab muslim?
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!