Author Topic: Anybody here planning to back Bob Barr?  (Read 1422 times)

Offline John Nada

• New JTFer
Anybody here planning to back Bob Barr?
« on: June 01, 2008, 08:19:35 AM »
Though a lot depends on his VP choice, it's hard for me to support John McCain at this point.  Bob Barr is flawed, but compared to McCain he's Ronald Regan.  Plus, unlike most libertarians, Barr is very socially conservative.

Offline Cyberella

• Master JTFer
Re: Anybody here planning to back Bob Barr?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 09:30:01 AM »

Guess you haven't read the Flynt Report on Bob Barr:

Former Speaker-designate Robert Livingston and Barr get the most thorough attention, and though their foibles have been widely exposed, these profiles offer details that may surprise many readers. Barr's tale of adultery and abortion, for instance, gets a painstaking re-telling, and thoroughly illuminates the hypocrisy of the white-supremacist-loving Georgia congressman. For journalists who followed Flynt's original release of the story, the damning details -- Barr's asking his wife, who worked as his secretary, to arrange his lunch dates with his mistress, Jeri Dobbins, who became his next wife; his driving his wife to an abortion clinic, and paying for her abortion, while being rabidly "pro-life" -- are not news. But for the average reader, they will be.
Flynt reproduces excerpts of the Barrs' divorce transcripts, which show Barr and Dobbins responding to questions about their affair by repeating "I decline to answer" over and over like a pair of autistic parrots. Barr insisted that comparing his refusal to tell the truth about his affair under oath with Clinton's legalistic acrobatics was like comparing apples to oranges, but the report quips: "The difference between Bill Clinton's truth-fudging and Bob Barr's refusal to answer honestly is the difference between a wormy Red Delicious and a rotten Granny Smith"

Those who stay home or vote for a third party candidate are making a grave mistake. McCain, flawed as he is, is all we've got. Don't vote for McCain and you will put Barack Hussein Mohammed Obama in the White House!

Offline John Nada

• New JTFer
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 09:59:46 AM »
I will look into that.  Thank you.  In the end, republican, Democrat, whatever, they all stink to high heaven.

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 10:33:07 AM »
no

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 11:30:45 AM »
Last week, I heard from a usually reliable source that Bob Barr, whom I have thought well of, was himself deeply involved with Aryan Nations and KKK/Nazi groups; serving as their attorney or in some other capacity.

Can any of you on the forum verify or disprove these allegations?

Offline Katie

• Full JTFer
  • OBAMA SUCKS
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 12:00:47 PM »
ah i don't think i really like him
"Over the last 15 months, we've traveled to every corner of the United States. I've now been in 57 states? I think one left to go." - Barack Obama

haha

Offline rob shepherd

• Full JTFer
  • We will be victorious!!
    • myspace.com
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2008, 12:12:49 PM »
True McCain isn't much.  But he's far better than the alternative.  Though I disagree with a lot of his stands on major issues, he is going to carry on the fight against the Islamo/Nazi vermin.  Voting for Barr would definately put Osama/Obama in the White House and I don't want that.  Look at what happened in 1992 when Perot ran.  Result:  Bill Clinton and his husband.  AMERICA, ISRAEL, and the world can't afford to have either Hillary or Osama/Obama in the White House.  They both need to crawl back into the sewers they were spawned from and quite embarrassing AMERICA.  God bless AMERICA and ISRAEL!!!!!
Rob Shepherd, proud AMERICAN infidel

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2008, 12:15:52 PM »
Last week, I heard from a usually reliable source that Bob Barr, whom I have thought well of, was himself deeply involved with Aryan Nations and KKK/Nazi groups; serving as their attorney or in some other capacity.

Can any of you on the forum verify or disprove these allegations?
The worst i could find about Barr is that he was at a few conservative citizen council meeting.If your a politician you have to go .
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2008, 01:10:10 PM »
No way, a vote for Bob Barr is not going to help us at all, if anything it helps Obango.  They would love to see split votes between McCain and Barr.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!