Author Topic: Matisyahu Recording In Jamaica  (Read 2369 times)

admin

Matisyahu Recording In Jamaica
« on: June 02, 2008, 03:28:15 AM »
It seems that being around blacks has made him leave out the verb "to be".

Matisyahu Recording In Jamaica

(IsraelNN.com) Hasidic reggae musician Matisyahu and his producer David Kahne are in Jamaica for the first time, to record their newest album. The Jamaica Observer reported that Matisyahu worked with a number of reggae kingpins - Sly Dunbar, Robbie Shakespeare and Stephen McGregor – as well as the Kingston College choir. The artist is adding the finishing touches to his newest songs at Anchor Recording Studio in Kingston.

"We're trying to get the kids to sing on a track we've called Bread of Destitution," Matisyahu told the Observer. "And just to be here," he added, "is like, it's about time. People always asked me, when you coming to Jamaica, have you been to Jamaica yet. This my first time coming. But next we come, we definitely going to do shows. Trying to find the right festival to come for, and then do some club shows as well."

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: Matisyahu Recording In Jamaica
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 04:54:48 PM »
I hope he doesn't start talking like Pflagler anytime soon.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 02:33:10 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Haim_Ben_Shimon_3JFB

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 05:42:28 PM »
Watch, when he comes back or on the record he will be dressed like them.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 02:33:32 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 09:24:59 PM »
I hope he stays true to his values.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 02:33:42 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 10:44:04 PM »

LOL, that guy is so self-hating it's remarkable.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 02:41:29 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 12:45:27 AM »
This whole Matisyahu thing seemed strange to me from the beginning. 99.999% of Lubavitchers would not be happy with someone jumping into crowds at his concerts filled with non jewish girls. There is something fishy about him. There is something wrong when a person who looks like a real Lubavitcher Chasid in his appearance, goes out and makes these actions seem kosher. I really dont know what to say and the fact that he is going to a shvartza country when as we speak, his fellow Lubavitchers are living under fear of attack by shvartzas, doesn't seem right to me.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 02:36:32 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 01:04:08 AM »
It's pretty universally known that Jamaica is extremely unsafe. The ogres that live there will throw battery acid in your face and strip everything including the clothes on your back if they think you have as much as two bucks in your pocket.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 02:36:45 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 01:33:37 AM »
Should be interesting:

Matisyahu the Jew goes to Jamaica the former slave colony where the Rastafarians believe that they themselves are the true Israelites and worship former Emperor Haile Salassie of Ethiopia as the Messiah and Lion of Judah.

Hopefully while there he will avoid any funny looking cigarettes which don't have a brand name on them.

Offline Haim_Ben_Shimon_3JFB

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008, 04:18:52 AM »
This whole Matisyahu thing seemed strange to me from the beginning. 99.999% of Lubavitchers would not be happy with someone jumping into crowds at his concerts filled with non jewish girls. There is something fishy about him. There is something wrong when a person who looks like a real Lubavitcher Chasid in his appearance, goes out and makes these actions seem kosher. I really dont know what to say and the fact that he is going to a shvartza country when as we speak, his fellow Lubavitchers are living under fear of attack by shvartzas, doesn't seem right to me.

Maybe that's his goal, to stop hatred from schvartzas' toochas and BTW, The Lubavitcher Rabbe was not against him singing like this so I don't know.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 02:42:05 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2008, 12:10:34 PM »

LOL, that guy is so self-hating it's remarkable.

You know as much as me. I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt but the money he is making is changing him. Chaim was right.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 02:41:06 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2008, 12:17:13 PM »
Should be interesting:

Matisyahu the Jew goes to Jamaica the former slave colony where the Rastafarians believe that they themselves are the true Israelites and worship former Emperor Haile Salassie of Ethiopia as the Messiah and Lion of Judah.

Hopefully while there he will avoid any funny looking cigarettes which don't have a brand name on them.

Of course Matisyahu smokes doobies. 

Wacky tobaccy is part and parcel of the Reggae 'way of life'.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2008, 12:19:32 PM »
Should be interesting:

Of course Matisyahu smokes doobies. 

Wacky tobaccy is part and parcel of the Reggae 'way of life'.

Yeah the like to puff the Magic Dragon  :::D

Offline Kananga

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2008, 12:36:58 PM »
Why youz guyz giving the brother such a hard time?  He's cooler than many of you guys could ever hope to be.  People of all races and religions like that guy.

I think that some of you are just jealous.

Offline FULL METAL JACKET

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2008, 12:43:40 PM »
Why youz guyz giving the brother such a hard time?  He's cooler than many of you guys could ever hope to be.  People of all races and religions like that guy.

I think that some of you are just jealous.

^ Exactly. Chaim said he doesn't like him so these people blindly followed his opinion. They need to develop their own opinions.

And for the guy who said he's self hating,  :::D grow up. He's more religious than you'll ever be.

BTW, he left Chabad a while ago. He identifies himself with Karliner Hasidim.
Formely known as "1986"