Author Topic: To Dan Ben Noah: Our New System Of Making Hebrew Videos  (Read 16857 times)

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
To Dan Ben Noah: Our New System Of Making Hebrew Videos
« on: June 12, 2008, 02:22:48 AM »
                                                                                                         בס''ד 

I am now uploading my Hebrew videos to liveleak because they have an easy system for creating English subtitles.

I just made a new video entitled התנצלות מהימין האמיתי which means "Apology from HaYamin HaAmiti". In this video, I apologize to our many Hebrew supporters for the many technical problems that we have had in the past several weeks. The video is over 14 minutes long and so it is not on zootube. It is on liveleak and flix. I hope you can easily subtitle the Hebrew videos on liveleak. If it is too much work, don't worry about it. But if you can do it, then all of our English-speaking members can see the message that we are delivering to the Jewish youth of Israel and to the hundreds of thousands of Arutz 7 readers, since we will be providing links G-d willing to our liveleak videos on our Arutz 7 advertisements.

If you are able to do it, please let me know so that I can give you the password to my liveleak account. This will enable you to do the English subtitles.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 02:25:59 AM by Chaim Ben Pesach »

Offline IslamIsCancer

• Master JTFer
  • My name is Stalinashvili.
Re: To Dan Ben Noah: Our New System Of Making Hebrew Videos
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 06:20:19 AM »
I don't think it's a good idea to reveal your password to anybody :(
Free Javakh!!!
I defecate on Stalin's grave.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 08:34:35 AM »

Well then if we ever get stuck in a town with password protected toilets, remind me not to reveal the passwords to you.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 10:20:12 AM »
OK..
I can see how to put subtitles within the video.
So whereever you upload them, they will have them.

Here is a demo, just to demonstrate it

note- this is a great clip from the british version of the apprentice.  I added the subtitles.

I will detail how.

We can then store the updated videos on the rapidshare archive. And anybody can upload them wherever. 

« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 10:25:02 AM by q_q_ »

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 12:34:30 PM »

You are right, but I trust Dan Ben Noah. I am sure he would not give my password to anyone else under any circumstances. Also, you need the password for the account that produced the video in order to more easily use their subtitle program. It's important that we translate these Hebrew videos. I hope to make at least 2 videos each week in Hebrew for translation.

Our Hebrew audience is now much larger than our English audience because of the Arutz 7 advertisements. I want our English-speaking members to see exactly what we are telling this large Israeli audience.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 12:37:29 PM »
Dan Ben Noah is really wonderful to take the time out to do that work. It's really nice to be able to see the subtitled videos :)

Thanks Dan!

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 02:11:56 PM »
I trust Dan Ben Noah completely. If he put in the time to Subtitle the videos then their is no reason to believe that he would betray Chaim and give out the password. Thank you Dan Ben Noah for all the work you do.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline Zvulun Ben Moshe

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Pro JTFer
  • A Party to the Eternal Covenant
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 07:28:14 PM »
Chaim, I don't know if you noticed, but YouTube has subtitles/annotations now too.

Also, I suggest uploading videos to these sites:

www.ireport.com

www.break.com
I am Zvulun ben Moshe and I approve this message.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2008, 07:36:03 PM »
Note- I posted this before reading the post from Zevulun Ben Moshe(his was written while I was writing this, and before I had clicked post). His post may make this one not so relevant..

some links to the video - "who are the real zionists?"
http://www.2shared.com/file/3428537/8d6718a8/trz3.html
 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IG1N8T9Y
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f64_1213299695

that has subtitles combined into the video..

The quality isn't great 'cos I did it by recording the screen watching the video on http://www.overstream.net.

I did it with
 Easy Screen Capture Video -  (trial version).
I think it just lets you open/close it x times. So keep it open.
region..fixed region..select
options..video options..move the quality slider up
Save it , video.avi

Now you have a silent video.. with subtitles. 'cos the recording didn't record the sound. Just the screen.  

That is easy.

You can add chaim's hebrew speaking..  / the sound..

that, requires alot more..

www.keepvid.com  , paste in a link to the equivalent youtube video.
(overstream gives a link to the video on youtube or google video or wherever it is stored.)
Download that video.   It will have a name like getVideo, which is getVideo.flv

Videodub can save the sound from that.. getVideo.flv
and put it in your avi (the silent video), soon to have sound.

- http://moitah.net/   FLV Input Plugin -  As it says  , An input plugin for VirtualDub that allows it to open FLV files.   Extract the zip into virtualdub\plugins
Then you have the .flv type under file types.

- install the divx codec.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f64_1213299695

that has subtitles combined into the video..

The quality isn't great 'cos I did it by recording the screen watching the video on http://www.overstream.net.

I did it with
 Easy Screen Capture Video -  (trial version).
I think it just lets you open/close it x times. So keep it open.
region..fixed region..select
options..video options..move the quality slider up
Save it , video.avi

Now you have a silent video.. with subtitles. 'cos the recording didn't record the sound. Just the screen.  

That is easy.

You can add chaim's hebrew speaking..  / the sound..

that, requires alot more..

www.keepvid.com  , paste in a link to the equivalent youtube video.
(overstream gives a link to the video on youtube or google video or wherever it is stored.)
Download that video.   It will have a name like getVideo, which is getVideo.flv

Videodub can save the sound from that.. getVideo.flv
and put it in your avi (the silent video), soon to have sound.

- http://moitah.net/   FLV Input Plugin -  As it says  , An input plugin for VirtualDub that allows it to open FLV files.   Extract the zip into virtualdub\plugins
Then you have the .flv type under file types.

- install the divx codec.

in videodub, choose
video..full processing mode
video...compression...divx 1 logical cpu  (there is another divx but it didn't work for me. i got no picture) (divx is useful when file File Save AVI, so the file is 20MB instead of 100MB. or 50MB instead of 200MB)

open the silent video with subtitles, and do audio..choose audio source...(choose the getvideo.flv - that video you got from youtube, it has the sound)

There is another way.. but it requires danbennoah..  But that method above is one that an individual can do without knowing hebrew.. The recording the silent video anyway..
It takes the video from overstream, and records it and you can upload it wherever.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 07:38:57 PM by q_q_ »

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2008, 07:52:59 PM »
in a nutshell.  we do not have the subtitles file, so it takes longer.. one has to watch the whole video to do it.. It's not long, but still..   
The process is quicker if one has the subtitles file, as Dan has - he wrote it..

zevulun - you mention youtube and subtitles. Do you mean watching a youtube video on youtube.com and seeing subtitles ?  can you elaborate?

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2008, 08:44:28 PM »
q_q_,

After using Overstream, I realized that it is not much harder to translate as I'm putting in the captions than it is to write out an entire script.  I'd like to be able to put those Overstream videos on Liveleak like you did, but I have had problems with sites like keepvid, etc.  I originally tried downloading some Hebrew videos so that I could translate them in my Windows Movie Maker.  I was able to download them in FLV format, but I haven't been able to convert them to mpg or wmv or something that Windows Movie Maker supports. 

videodub can combine them.. I msged you a solution..

Offline Zvulun Ben Moshe

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2008, 09:24:37 PM »
q_q_,

After using Overstream, I realized that it is not much harder to translate as I'm putting in the captions than it is to write out an entire script.  I'd like to be able to put those Overstream videos on Liveleak like you did, but I have had problems with sites like keepvid, etc.  I originally tried downloading some Hebrew videos so that I could translate them in my Windows Movie Maker.  I was able to download them in FLV format, but I haven't been able to convert them to mpg or wmv or something that Windows Movie Maker supports. 

http://www.onlyfreewares.com/Audio-Video/Video-Converters/Free-FLV-to-AVI-Converter.php

Offline Zvulun Ben Moshe

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2008, 09:26:03 PM »
in a nutshell.  we do not have the subtitles file, so it takes longer.. one has to watch the whole video to do it.. It's not long, but still..   
The process is quicker if one has the subtitles file, as Dan has - he wrote it..

zevulun - you mention youtube and subtitles. Do you mean watching a youtube video on youtube.com and seeing subtitles ?  can you elaborate?

http://www.youtube.com/t/annotations_about

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2008, 09:55:42 PM »
q_q_,

http://www.onlyfreewares.com/Audio-Video/Video-Converters/Free-FLV-to-AVI-Converter.php

ok.. if not using the subtitles file..
so, if redoing things with windows movie maker..
Then,
some more options for converting from FLV to AVI

http://www.youconvertit.com/convertfiles.aspx (will probably do it)

this might work..
SUPER by eRightSoft
http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_encoders/super.cfm
choose AVI as output container
you drag the file onto the bottom pane, and right click and choose encode..

you may or may not want to choose divx for output video codec. Whatever works.

That program zev mentioned.. seems quite popular. Here is another link to it
Pazera Free FLV to AVI Converter 1.1
http://www.download.com/Pazera-Free-FLV-to-AVI-Converter/3000-2194_4-10786669.html
I read some of the reviews. It seems legit.. no funny business with it.
You may want to glance through the 37+ reviews at that link before downloading it
But if it was bad it prob wouldn't have 37 reviews.. and wouldn't have uniquely written complimentary posts.. I ran it on my machine, seems smooth.. no signs of spyware. Googling didn't show it to be malicious.. I haven't searched alot, but it smells safe, I think it is.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 09:58:21 PM by q_q_ »

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2008, 01:20:50 AM »
Chaim,

Since I saw this thread this evening, I have been experimenting with adding captions to Liveleak videos.  I experimented on an English video on the Croatians that I uploaded to Liveleak from the Rapidshare site many months ago.  I think I have the basic idea of how to do it now, and I'd be glad to translate your Hebrew videos.

Just so you are aware, there are a couple of slight drawbacks to translating them on Liveleak:
1.  There's no way that I've found to delete a caption once you've added it, so you can't edit/change things once they are on the video.  This means that more mistakes could slip through.
2.  Once I've saved any caption to a video, it automatically goes live.  This means that if I started a translation one night and finished it the next, if anyone visited the video before I finished it, they'd be watching a half-translated video.

These drawbacks don't mean that I can't do the translations, they are simply a heads up as to the possible flaws in the video that can come from this.  Liveleak's caption feature is not as user-friendly as Overstream.net where I've been doing the other subtitled videos.  Unfortunately, Overstream doesn't support Liveleak videos, so if I don't do them on Liveleak, then none of the new ones will be translated unless you post them on Google or ZooTube.

After reading this, if you're still interested in having me translate the videos straight on Liveleak, I'm willing to go ahead with it and start tomorrow night.

I didn't realize that you can't change or edit on liveleak.

They also have a ridiculous rule for when you post a video on liveleak. You can only delete it after you get permission from the admins.

I don't know. I don't want Dan to feel that he is under pressure not to make a mistake because the mistake can't be corrected.

What do you suggest that we do?

I would have suggested flix, but I'm having problems accessing flix lately. Israelis do not have any problems, only people outside of Israel sometimes cannot get to flix. They are limiting access to the radius that encompasses the state of Israel.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 01:24:55 AM by Chaim Ben Pesach »

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2008, 01:25:46 AM »
May hashem bless Dan Ben Noah and Chaim Ben Pesach for their hard work on behalf of JTF and the jewish people.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2008, 01:33:10 AM »
The quality on overstream is excellent. Much better than on liveleak.

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2008, 01:50:42 AM »
I think overstream limits the videos to 10 minutes. My latest video is over 14 minutes.

Also does overstream allow embedding videos? We want to embed our videos on a special opening page that Arutz 7 people will get to immediately.

liveleak allows longer videos and allows embedding. And liveleak has many viewers.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 01:55:09 AM by Chaim Ben Pesach »

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2008, 05:40:26 AM »
By writing the subtitles in with windows movie maker, I would think that the captions will be part of the video itself..

so wherever the video is put, it will have captions.

Technically, they only need to be written once. 

BTW, it may be my imagination, but I think the subtitles on the videos I uploaded just improved overnight..

(these are the subtitles dan wrote with overstream, combined into the video)
You've seen this video before, but I think the subtitles have become clearer!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 06:20:55 AM by q_q_ »

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2008, 06:23:15 AM »
overstream is fully compatible with everything..

overstream creates a subtitle file.  That file can be combined into the video.

There are many many ways of combining them.. I actually did it by recording the screen, which is a roundabout crazy way.. Because I don't have the subtitle file..  Dan, you have the file..
But doing it that way did show that it can be done by any of us, even without the file. (it just needs one upload somewhere).   

Either way. There is no need to rewrite them.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 06:28:37 AM by q_q_ »

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2008, 11:23:17 PM »
<snip>
5.  Other JTFers who have the know-how can take the subtitled video from Google and upload it onto Liveleak, ZooTube, Flix, etc.
<snip>

are you saying that the subtitle file can be downloaded by anybody?

where?

or are you saying that if you download the file from google video, e.g. with a website like keepvid, then it magically contains the subtitles?

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2008, 12:05:53 AM »
                                                                                                               בס''ד

Dan, this sounds very good.

The only thing we have to check is the embedding feature. This is critically important to us because when people click on our Arutz 7 ads, they are sent to a special opening page where we encourage them to register on the Hebrew forum. On this special opening page, we want the embedded video to start playing automatically without the need for them to click again. Because if they have to click again, many new people will decide not to click. Liveleak's embedding system is bad because it requires people to have to click again. Shlomo will have to check the embedding feature on google. If it works well, we will use the system you have suggested, G-d willing.

Thanks again for everything, Dan!

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2008, 07:44:20 AM »
<snip>
5.  Other JTFers who have the know-how can take the subtitled video from Google and upload it onto Liveleak, ZooTube, Flix, etc.
<snip>

are you saying that the subtitle file can be downloaded by anybody?

where?

or are you saying that if you download the file from google video, e.g. with a website like keepvid, then it magically contains the subtitles?

For that part, I had originally meant that the video could be downloaded through a website like keepvid.  I assumed the subtitles would go with it since they automatically appear on the video, but this might not be the case.  That being said, I could email the subtitle file to anyone if they have a way to attach it to the video on some other site.  Google Video is the only place I know of where Overstream subtitles can be uploaded easily.

What you are calling "overstream subtitles", are actually subtitles stored in a standard format. They can be combined into the video, and then the video can be uploaded anywhere. 

That is what I said and demonstrated earlier in the thread when I posted the kosher chickens video.

I did PM you last week with instructions on how to do it and my email address for you to send me the file..
I will PM you again.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2008, 11:49:49 AM »
doing it would be more feasible for me if we have a more organised process..

it would make things easier if all the hebrew videos were available for download e.g. on a site like jtfarchive. Or easier, an FTP directory would be fine, I am sure we have one already.

Dan - you can then send me a zip of all your subtitle files.

(from there, it's fine, I can combine the videos with their corresponding files, zip them, put them on megaupload, and people can upload them to video hosting sites.  I can put the subtitled hebrew videos on rapidshare too). 

« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 11:51:50 AM by q_q_ »

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2008, 04:26:09 PM »
The subtitle files are plain text, we can post them in the forum.