Poll

Yes or no?

Yes
16 (69.6%)
No.
7 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Should only English-speaking people live in the United States?  (Read 5748 times)

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
Re: Should only English-speaking people live in the United States?
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2008, 10:16:44 PM »
   Yes. Yes. Yes.

If someone wants to learn another language for intellectual purposes let them do that. If they just don't want to learn English let them leave. New York State should get rid of the Spanish high school regents exam and make students study another language instead for their foreign language requirement. When I took high school Spanish level 1, I was in a class full of native Spanish speakers and my teacher expected me to know as much as them.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2008, 10:18:05 PM »
   Yes. Yes. Yes.

If someone wants to learn another language for intellectual purposes let them do that. If they just don't want to learn English let them leave. New York State should get rid of the Spanish high school regents exam and make students study another language instead for their foreign language requirement. When I took high school Spanish level 1, I was in a class full of native Spanish speakers and my teacher expected me to know as much as them.

I was not even allowed to take that test in high school
most High schools only teach Spanish

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2008, 10:47:19 PM »
   It used to be French. My problem with French is that it is not Phonetic. They should modify French and teach a Phonetic version instead.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2008, 10:50:47 PM »
   It used to be French. My problem with French is that it is not Phonetic. They should modify French and teach a Phonetic version instead.

The school I went to a lot of kids wanted to learn German or Portuguese or Italian but the stupid principle said we have no money which was a bald face lie he had enough money to spend 7 million dollars on equipment for each class but they could not update the second language course

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2008, 02:56:49 PM »
Yes, they must be free to use the language they like best, but they must understand English. English is necessary everywhere in the world, it's a joke to allow an American citizen not to learn it. ( except native Amerindians who were first in America)

Offline HuntingMuslims

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2008, 01:12:22 AM »
If you live in AMERICA you should learn the language. I am a first generation American, my grandparents came here from Italy and learned the language. We learned Italian from our parents when we were kids, but we were only allowed to speak it at family gatherings and at home.
My Grandparents struggled to learn english because America was their new home, they respected it. I think that if you live in this Country, you should respect it. The problem is nowadays, Immigrants are too lazy to learn or teach their own kids english, so our Politically correct government caters to them and starts federally funded programs that cost us taxpayers billions. The money would be better spent for programs that teach english. It is their obligation to adapt to their New Country.
Dogs are much greater then muslims.....You can trust a Dog but you can not trust a muslim

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2008, 02:38:23 AM »
If you live in AMERICA you should learn the language. I am a first generation American, my grandparents came here from Italy and learned the language. We learned Italian from our parents when we were kids, but we were only allowed to speak it at family gatherings and at home.
My Grandparents struggled to learn english because America was their new home, they respected it. I think that if you live in this Country, you should respect it. The problem is nowadays, Immigrants are too lazy to learn or teach their own kids english, so our Politically correct government caters to them and starts federally funded programs that cost us taxpayers billions. The money would be better spent for programs that teach english. It is their obligation to adapt to their New Country.

lol, if your grandparents came here, wouldn't that make you a 3rd generation american?

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2008, 02:39:55 AM »

english isn't phonetic either.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2008, 02:47:32 AM »
I answered yes, because there's nothing wrong with immigration otherwise none of us would be here, but as Americans we shouldn't have to knock ourselves out to learn other languages. Our relatives worked their tails off to become true Americans by working hard, educating themselves, learn about their surroundings including the english language.
O0 I agree!
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.