Author Topic: McCain seen as best candidate for economy  (Read 1388 times)

Offline Еврей

• Senior JTFer
McCain seen as best candidate for economy
« on: June 16, 2008, 04:09:40 PM »
http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSN1334411920080615

"In this environment that we're in right now, the last thing you want to have is higher taxes and taking money out of the consumers' pockets"
~James Caron, head of global rates research at investment bank Morgan Stanley in New York

It's too bad the democrats don't see it that way.
"My name is Daniel Pearl. I am a Jewish American"
"My family follows Judaism. We've made numerous family visits to Israel."
~Daniel Pearl

"We are a small nation, but strong."
~Moshe Dayan

"First of all, Arafat is wrong. Jerusalem is Israel's capital, will never be divided, and will remain the capital of the State of Israel, the capital of the Jewish people, for ever and ever. "
~Benjamin Netanyahu

ביחד נשרוד, לחוד ניפול
Together we survive, apart we fall
~Subliminal

Offline Raede

• New JTFer
Re: McCain seen as best candidate for economy
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 06:06:32 PM »
I'm glad the media is finally reporting that, but all I can say is "DUH!"

When California was in the middle of a recession 3 years ago my state assembly representative (a democrat) said, and I quote, "Well, we're not taking in enough money so naturally we have to raise taxes."

To the ignorant, that sounds fine.  But to those who have taken Economics 101, it is crystal clear that this sentiment, shared by the vast majority of liberals and democrats and progressives throughout the country, is imbecilic.  What caused the Great Depression?  Not the stock market crash, but the increase in taxes that followed.  History shows that 100% of the time, if people are allowed to spend more of their own money (i.e., if taxes are lowered), the government actually takes in MORE money and the country comes out of a recession.

These people are so cocky and arrogant that although surely they know our nation's history, they think they can do a better job and not cause these economic problems by raising taxes.  It's impossible that they're this stupid.
AntiObama.net
Barack Obama - A Bad Idea for President

עם ישראל חי, עכשיו ותמיד

Offline Еврей

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 10:07:09 PM »
Also, I feel as if many of the voters who are voting for Obama have NO CLUE who they are voting for.

They see Black, they think "ooohh change!"
They see Democrat, they think "ooohh change!"

They see Barack Obama, they think "ooooh young, change! Let's vote for that guy instead of the old one!"

Meanwhile, they have no idea what change they're asking for.
They have no clue who Obama is. (And not many do... he's only been in public office for less than 5 years!)

And hopefully... people will see who Obama REALLY is.  O0
~Daniel Pearl

~Moshe Dayan

"First of all, Arafat is wrong. Jerusalem is Israel's capital, will never be divided, and will remain the capital of the State of Israel, the capital of the Jewish people, for ever and ever. "
~Benjamin Netanyahu

ביחד נשרוד, לחוד ניפול
~Subliminal

Offline Raede

• New JTFer
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 01:00:21 AM »
Which is why the young/ignorant shouldn't be allowed to vote.  If the voting age was raised to 25, the Democrats would lose half of their base, because they bank off young high school/college graduates who think they know everything but are entirely ignorant of our nation's political and economic history.

A pro-Obama group is running commercials equating voting for Obama to having more sex appeal!  And the worst part is, you know that this will get more young people to vote for him, because, as you said, they're blinded by his pledge for "change."

EDIT:

Let it be known, I'm 19 years old, and I'm gladly willing to sacrifice my right to vote if the 99% of my acquaintances who vote for candidates because "they're cool" aren't allowed to vote either.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 01:03:07 AM by Raede »
AntiObama.net
Barack Obama - A Bad Idea for President

עם ישראל חי, עכשיו ותמיד

Offline Еврей

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 02:47:43 PM »
Which is why the young/ignorant shouldn't be allowed to vote.  If the voting age was raised to 25, the Democrats would lose half of their base, because they bank off young high school/college graduates who think they know everything but are entirely ignorant of our nation's political and economic history.

A pro-Obama group is running commercials equating voting for Obama to having more sex appeal!  And the worst part is, you know that this will get more young people to vote for him, because, as you said, they're blinded by his pledge for "change."

EDIT:

Let it be known, I'm 19 years old, and I'm gladly willing to sacrifice my right to vote if the 99% of my acquaintances who vote for candidates because "they're cool" aren't allowed to vote either.

Agreed... I can't actually vote yet... but I'd be willing to wait a few more years if it stops Obama's run for the White House!
~Daniel Pearl

~Moshe Dayan

~Benjamin Netanyahu

ביחד נשרוד, לחוד ניפול
~Subliminal