Author Topic: Muslim Scots offended by postcards of puppies sent to them by local police.  (Read 1617 times)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Here are the postcards that are causing the uproar.  I woner if anyone will die because of this.

Muslims in the Scottish district of Tayside are outraged by the appearance of a wide-eyed, 6-week-old puppy on postcards distributed by the local police force, according to the Daily Mail.

Postcards showing police dog-in-training Rebel, a German shepherd born in early December, are causing a furor among the region’s Muslims who believe dogs are "ritually unclean," the Daily Mail reports.

The cute cards were meant to notify locals of a new telephone number for non-emergency phone calls but instead have become a flashpoint for a clash of cultures. Shopkeepers are refusing to display the offending ad and a Dundee city councilor is calling for an investigation.

"My concern was that it's not welcomed by all communities, with the dog on the cards," said Dundee councilor Mohammed Asif, according to the report.

The Tayside police force said the police puppy, the force’s "newest recruit," was not intended to cause offense.

"His incredible worldwide popularity — he has attracted record visitor numbers to our Web site — led us to believe Rebel could play a starring role in the promotion of our non-emergency number," said a police spokesperson.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
You know what all Muslims can go to hell it will be good when they are all dead >:(

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
You know what all Muslims can go to hell it will be good when they are all dead >:(

Precisely. A Muslim-free world would be good.

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision