Author Topic: The Frisco Kid  (Read 2538 times)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
The Frisco Kid
« on: July 07, 2008, 11:15:09 AM »
Anyone see this movie with Gene Wilder and Harrison Ford?  Anyone care to comment?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
Re: The Frisco Kid
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 01:03:32 PM »
  Yes, I have seen it about 150 times, I LOL everytime.  ESPECIALLY the scenes with the Indians.

Harrison: "He's so good and kind, just a sweetheat of a man"
  The chief: "You have good feelings and a big heart...not as big as your mouth........"

The Rabbi: "I told you I DONT ride on Saturday's"

Harrison: "This is WAR PAINT, they dont give a S$$T about your Jewish holiday"

The Rabbi: Here chicky, chicky, chicky, I dont want to hurt you, I only want to eat you- I JUST WANT TO MAKE YOU KOSHER!"
  The Rabbi: "It you had been here yesterday, we could have had roast chicken"

The Indian: "Can YOUR Gd make Rain?"
 The Rabbi: "HE DOES NOT MAKE RAIN!!!"

THUNDERRRR & RAINNNNN   lol.

The Rabbi: "Thanks for everything...... up until the time I NEEDED YOU THE MOST!"

the CHIEF: "I have read this book.................................I did not understand ONE word..."
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 01:06:46 PM by Paulette »
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 01:53:20 PM »
  Yes, I have seen it about 150 times, I LOL everytime.  ESPECIALLY the scenes with the Indians.

The chief: "You have good feelings and a big heart...not as big as your mouth........"

The Rabbi: Here chicky, chicky, chicky, I dont want to hurt you, I only want to eat you- I JUST WANT TO MAKE YOU KOSHER!"

The Rabbi: "Thanks for everything...... up until the time I NEEDED YOU THE MOST!"

the CHIEF: "I have read this book.................................I did not understand ONE word..."

Paulette...this movie is sooo funny..i have seen it a lot too and have it on DVD even though the quality is poor.  I was wondering to myself: Since when did Rabbis touch a woman before he married her and dance with her in front of everyone? 

I wondered if hollywood was making fun of the religious traditions of orthodox Jews and there was something self-hating about that movie...

There was a lot on the personification of a Jew that was wimpy and didn't fight back and allowed himself to be a victim.  It had to take a cowboy to say, "hey! if you didn't kill him, he would have killed both of us first!"

but it was funny..i love that movie..and the scene with the Indians is awesome...especially with the rain:

Rabbi: "It doesn't work that way!"
Indian: "But how can He do everything if He doesn't make rain?"
Rabbi: "He puts smiles in the faces of the sad, strength in the hearts those who feel week."
Indian: "But does he make rain?!"
Rabbi: "Yes, He does everything.
Indian: "Then why can't He just make rain if we ask Him to?"
Rabbi: angrily "It doesn't work like that He doesn't make rain when we ask Him..."
interrupted thunder...
Rabbi: "But of course there are exceptions..." looking away like...oops...
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 02:12:14 PM »

Paulette...this movie is sooo funny..i have seen it a lot too and have it on DVD even though the quality is poor.  I was wondering to myself: Since when did Rabbis touch a woman before he married her and dance with her in front of everyone? 

I wondered if hollywood was making fun of the religious traditions of orthodox Jews and there was something self-hating about that movie...

There was a lot on the personification of a Jew that was wimpy and didn't fight back and allowed himself to be a victim.  It had to take a cowboy to say, "hey! if you didn't kill him, he would have killed both of us first!"

but it was funny..i love that movie..and the scene with the Indians is awesome...especially with the rain:

Rabbi: "He puts smiles in the faces of the sad, strength in the hearts those who feel week."
Rabbi: angrily "It doesn't work like that He doesn't make rain when we ask Him..."
interrupted thunder...

I agree to some extents, but I dont believe that it was 'self-hating' at all-- the way they painted the Rabbi, was so heartwarming, so completely lovable, very spiritual and religious- when I look at the Rabbi character in the movie vs. Harrison's character- such a major contradiction- he is so nasty, but it is funny.... the thing I like is that Gd seemingly proves His providence- and Harrisons character ends up getting to be a better man in the end, the Rabbi even says he is his 'best friend'  which I found to be very endearing-- 
  Wilder really presents a Rabbi that is so loving, and even though it is a funny movie, for me, it made me believe that Rabbis are not "Untouchable" so to speak- a LOT different than for ie: A Catholic Priest (I am not putting down any religion BTW)    I LOVE in the end- when he Rabbi has courage to stand up to the evil dude, and shows his people that he can protect them- I just LOVED that movie. LOVE IT LOVE IT, I have a Rabbi that is a FIERCING loving Rabbi- but he left for L.A.  >:(  I dont go all the time at all, it is a lefty temple, but when I did- he is AWESOME.. they didnt 'like' him. He didnt like Obama.  ;)

OH- BTW
The Rabbi: Of course, sometimes {just like THAT, <SNAP finger> he changes his mind}  referring to Gd.

There is NO real comedy anymore at all. NONE. ZERO.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 08:27:44 PM »

interrupted thunder...

I agree to some extents, but I dont believe that it was 'self-hating' at all-- the way they painted the Rabbi, was so heartwarming, so completely lovable, very spiritual and religious- when I look at the Rabbi character in the movie vs. Harrison's character- such a major contradiction- he is so nasty, but it is funny.... the thing I like is that Gd seemingly proves His providence- and Harrisons character ends up getting to be a better man in the end, the Rabbi even says he is his 'best friend'  which I found to be very endearing-- 
  Wilder really presents a Rabbi that is so loving, and even though it is a funny movie, for me, it made me believe that Rabbis are not "Untouchable" so to speak- a LOT different than for ie: A Catholic Priest (I am not putting down any religion BTW)    I LOVE in the end- when he Rabbi has courage to stand up to the evil dude, and shows his people that he can protect them- I just LOVED that movie. LOVE IT LOVE IT, I have a Rabbi that is a FIERCING loving Rabbi- but he left for L.A.  >:(  I dont go all the time at all, it is a lefty temple, but when I did- he is AWESOME.. they didnt 'like' him. He didnt like Obama.  ;)

OH- BTW
The Rabbi: Of course, sometimes {just like THAT, <SNAP finger> he changes his mind}  referring to Gd.

There is NO real comedy anymore at all. NONE. ZERO.

good point...

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 10:53:05 PM »
I also like when the Rabbi punches that jerk in the face and says: "Now, I dont want trouble"  ;D
an also: "Gd!!! GET ME AWAY FROM THESE FITHY CRUMBS!" when they were beating him up on that wagon.
Then he comes out and says "AMERICA"
and
"Wow, there are no walls here!" 

I am sitting here all by myself LMAOFF
OBVIOUSLY these people have not seen a REALLY funny movie- and DEF. one we CAN relate to. 
I could go on ALL DAY LONG with this movie. My Nana LOVED IT, I have 2 copies too.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 11:00:05 PM »
When was this movie made?

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 11:22:45 PM »

I believe 1977  FUNNYYYYYY
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 11:23:49 PM »

I believe 1977  FUNNYYYYYY

I have not seen the Movie but I will try to find it

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2008, 03:45:37 AM »
I also like when the Rabbi punches that jerk in the face and says: "Now, I dont want trouble"  ;D
an also: "Gd!!! GET ME AWAY FROM THESE FITHY CRUMBS!" when they were beating him up on that wagon.
and

OBVIOUSLY these people have not seen a REALLY funny movie- and DEF. one we CAN relate to. 
I could go on ALL DAY LONG with this movie. My Nana LOVED IT, I have 2 copies too.

I have it on dvd. is there a way to download it for JTFers to view it?

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2008, 03:51:01 AM »
and

DANG! How is that done! I dont know! Oh Man, you HAVE to get that up here- it is a CRACK up.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2008, 07:54:02 AM »
and

DANG! How is that done! I dont know! Oh Man, you HAVE to get that up here- it is a CRACK up.

bought it on ebay..i think someone had a recorder of taking a vhs and burning it to dvds.