Author Topic: Hate To Say I Told You So: Vast Majority Of Israelis Support "Prisoner Swap"  (Read 2073 times)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Chaim and others--

I hate to say "I told you so", but the most recent poll reported by Yediot Aharonot, Israel's largest news organization, has shown what we knew all along--that the overwhelming majority of Israelis back Olmert's disgustingly treasonous deal with Sheik Nasrallah to release Samir Kuntar and hundreds of other Hezbollah and PLO terrorists in exchange for a couple of goat bones.  >:(
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3564495,00.html

Quote from: Ynet News
Sixty percent of the Israeli Jewish public supports the prisoner exchange deal Israel signed with Hizbullah in an effort to free kidnapped IDF soldiers Eldad Regev and Ehud Goldwasser, even though it means releasing all the Lebanese prisoners it holds, including Samir Kuntar; and only 32% oppose it, the War and Peace Index revealed Sunday.

The War and Peace Index is conducted by the Tami Steinmetz Center for Peace Research. Published monthly since 1994, it is run by Prof. Ephraim Yaar and Prof. Tamar Hermann and is compiled of a monthly telephone survey of 600 Israeli citizens representing the various sectors in Israeli society.

Lest anybody think this is a left-wing sham of a poll, it also found that 75% of Israelis do indeed oppose surrendering the Golan--something that is slightly heartening, I suppose.

Chaimfan

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Chaim and others--

I hate to say "I told you so", but the most recent poll reported by Yediot Aharonot, Israel's largest news organization, has shown what we knew all along--that the overwhelming majority of Israelis back Olmert's disgustingly treasonous deal with Sheik Nasrallah to release Samir Kuntar and hundreds of other Hezbollah and PLO terrorists in exchange for a couple of goat bones.  >:(

Sixty percent of the Israeli Jewish public supports the prisoner exchange deal Israel signed with Hizbullah in an effort to free kidnapped IDF soldiers Eldad Regev and Ehud Goldwasser, even though it means releasing all the Lebanese prisoners it holds, including Samir Kuntar; and only 32% oppose it, the War and Peace Index revealed Sunday.

The War and Peace Index is conducted by the Tami Steinmetz Center for Peace Research. Published monthly since 1994, it is run by Prof. Ephraim Yaar and Prof. Tamar Hermann and is compiled of a monthly telephone survey of 600 Israeli citizens representing the various sectors in Israeli society.

Lest anybody think this is a left-wing sham of a poll, it also found that 75% of Israelis do indeed oppose surrendering the Golan--something that is slightly heartening, I suppose.

Chaimfan

you are dealing with an extreme leftist newspaper...what type of results do you think would exist in something more right wing such as JPost or Arutz Sheva which is much much more right wing that jpost?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
It is left-wing, but so is most of the Israeli public. I am inclined to believe this poll because it found that 75% of Israelis oppose ceding the Golan. If this were really a doctored or phony poll, they would not allow such a result.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
Read some of the comments in the article, and you will get an idea of the value of this poll.  They are similar to my own thoughts.   I don't believe it for a second.  Ynet was almost bankrupt a few months ago, on the verge of shutting down and now miraculously all of a sudden it's back up and running just fine again!   Can you guess who gave them the boost?   

They are a propaganda mouthpiece for the Israeli govt.   In addition, it's scientifically proven that pollsters can easily 'get the result they want' by manipulating the language and presenting polls in a certain way that leads to the answer they desire.   All polls in general are suspect, but especially ones that have ambiguous language.  Here they don't really tell us exactly what was asked.  But who knows if they polled 600 people in the heart of Tel aviv?   I wouldn't put it past ynet.

I don't know what the "War and Peace index" is but something tells me its politics are suspect.  Just a hunch.

• Gold Star JTF Member
But who knows, maybe a majority does support it.  Even then I think given the real facts and the right message, information, and an ACTUAL ALTERNATIVE route (as Chaim proposes in his video on this subject), the Israelis would choose more wisely.   As it stands right now, they have all the Hebrew papers telling them on a daily basis the deal is a good thing, and that there is no other way to go about it that we are capable of doing if there is no deal.   Constantly bombarded by this message and no alternative will get people to say and think stupid things.  Also you could have a pressure to vote a certain way like if the question was framed in a certain way by the pollster focusing on the missing soldiers, or 'efforts to get back the POW's" it invokes sympathy.  I don't think Israelis would want Kuntar released if they knew the rap sheet and the circumstances in full.

But plant the seeds of a radical idea and suddenly a person will have an epiphany and say "wow, you know what, he's right!  Why don't our leaders ever make sense?"   This is really the power of hayamin haamiti.

Offline horselady

• Full JTFer
  • "I support the troops" is never followed by "but"
I heard the wife and mother of the family who was murdered by Samir Kuntar being interviewed on radio from Israel on the Steve Malzberg show in NY.
The mother has since remarried and has a new life but she seemed much less angry about the impending release than Steve did. She stressed how
important it was to the families of the dead soldiers to have the bodies back. She was not happy about the release but she thought it was more important
for the families to have closure.

I was as shocked as Steve was about her reaction as I know I never would have been so generous had that happened to my family.

But I thought you'd like to know what the widow had to say.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
She was not happy about the release but she thought it was more important
>:( What a backstabbing, self-hating turd. I hope Hezbollah kidnaps her next...

• Gold Star JTF Member
I heard the wife and mother of the family who was murdered by Samir Kuntar being interviewed on radio from Israel on the Steve Malzberg show in NY.
The mother has since remarried and has a new life but she seemed much less angry about the impending release than Steve did. She stressed how
important it was to the families of the dead soldiers to have the bodies back. She was not happy about the release but she thought it was more important

I was as shocked as Steve was about her reaction as I know I never would have been so generous had that happened to my family.

But I thought you'd like to know what the widow had to say.

Interesting.

The brother of a kuntar murder victim is protesting against the deal.  Here is an article about that:

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1215330883790&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull
Kuntar victim's brother against deal

• Gold Star JTF Member
She was not happy about the release but she thought it was more important
>:( What a backstabbing, self-hating turd.

Yeah I mean, that is atrocious.  What a warped sense of justice.   The families want dead bodies of family members, so let's release a guy who murdered my family in order that dead bodies can be returned........ WHAT?!?!

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Yeah I mean, that is atrocious.  What a warped sense of justice.   The families want dead bodies of family members, so let's release a guy who murdered my family in order that dead bodies can be returned........ WHAT?!?!
This Erev Rav witch probably also supported the holocaust at Gush Katif, and wants to hand over the Golan, and wants to hand over East Jerusalem, and if she had another daughter, would surely prostitute her out to Hamas in the name of "peace".  >:( >:( >:(

Where is the $1 solution when you need it the most?  ???

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
The brother of a kuntar murder victim is protesting against the deal.  Here is an article about that:

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1215330883790&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull
Kuntar victim's brother against deal
Good to know there is one sane Jew in the Holy Land left.

Offline The White Shadow

• Junior JTFer
Chaim and others--

Chaimfan

I thought Regev and Goldwasser were already killed by Hezballa.  Is Israel trading living terrorists for dead Israeli soldiers?

If so, then how could this be supported.  After this trade the Arabs will have no incentive to keep kidnapped Israeli soldiers alive!

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
I thought Regev and Goldwasser were already killed by Hezballa.  Is Israel trading living terrorists for dead Israeli soldiers?
Yup.

If so, then how could this be supported.  After this trade the Arabs will have no incentive to keep kidnapped Israeli soldiers alive!
Tell the kike kapos that constitute 60% of Israelis that.  >:(

Offline The White Shadow

• Junior JTFer
Yup.

Tell the kike kapos that constitute 60% of Israelis that.  >:(

What can you say, if 60 percent are in favor of trading living terrorists for dead Jewish soldiers, then Israel really has no hope.

That's why Olmert is able to get away with everything he does.  60 percent of the Jews are sick. 

• Gold Star JTF Member
But this poll assumes that they are alive!!!

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Doesn't say that. I thought it assumed the facts as we know to be true (i.e. that they are dead). I am quite sure that is widely known throughout Israel now.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist

What can you say, if 60 percent are in favor of trading living terrorists for dead Jewish soldiers, then Israel really has no hope.

That's why Olmert is able to get away with everything he does.  60 percent of the Jews are sick. 

That's what I have been saying all along, and that is what nobody here wants to face and own up to. I wanted Chaim to do a video about this--condemning this toleration of wickedness in the hearts of most Israelis. He said he didn't have time with his other projects going on and all. I say they need to hear some fire and brimstone in the wake of this treason.