Author Topic: Chinese cars coming to America: Unsafe/rip off other car designs (video)  (Read 10413 times)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Many Chinese cars will be coming to the US soon before 2008 is up, there is already a company called Chery that is introducing many basic models here in America. China is well known for copying everything and they've even copied modern car designs and trying to sell them here in America for a fraction of the cost. China has already taken over most of our clothing and electronics industry as well as appliances. This could be a serious problem

See how China copies pre existing designs
http://youtube.com/watch?v=rtTmnchkuR8

China car crash test, would you want to trust your life on one?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4Swzbt76wBM

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
The car folded up like a tin can

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Guys this is really bad. Read this!

Israel is investing into Chinese car companies.

JERUSALEM, Israel — China's Chery Automobile will team with Israel Corp., an Israeli holding company, to assemble vehicles in that country.

A report in the Shanghai Daily said the Israeli company is investing $225 million in a joint venture with Chery to make cars both for the local market and for export, with Europe and the United States among the target markets.

Chery has been one of China's most aggressive vehicle exporters. It has local-assembly deals in several countries, including Argentina, Bangladesh, Iran and Malaysia.

http://www.mvs.ir/
According to Chery Automobile, they have factories in IRAN as well. These cars are to be introduced into US in 2008.

Production facilities
Chery produces most of its cars in China. In 2003, Chery built a plant in Iran, China's first foreign car plant, and at the Modiran Vehicle Manufacturing Company saw its QQ put into production in 2005. Also in 2005, another Chery plant became operational in Russia. Chery is planning to begin production in Malaysia in late 2006 and saw its cars being built at the former Daewoo Motor Egypt plant at Maddi, Cairo under the Speranza brand name. Chery has signed an agreement with Argentine conglomerate Socma to form Chery Mercosur, a joint-venture which will produce the QQ and Tiggo in Montevideo, Uruguay, from 2007 onwards

Modiran Vehicle Manufacturing Company (MVM) is an Iranian automobile firm, that currently makes a version of the Chery QQ3 called the MVM 110.

History
MVM is a subsidiary of Kerman Khodro, an Iranian assembler of Volkswagens, that also used to assemble a version of the Daewoo Matiz for the local market. The Matiz had been assembled by Kerman Khodro since the year 2000 in a joint venture with the South Korean Daewoo Company. However the crisis at Daewoo Motor in South Korea resulted in a take-over by the American General Motors corporation which then put a blockage on Iran and so stopped supplying CKD kits to the Iranian company. Due to this, Kerman Khodro licenced the Chery QQ as the car was of a similar style to the GM car. However as Kerman Khodro had replaced the GM Daewoo lines with that of Volkswagen, they put it into production at their subsidiary MVM as the 110.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
Oh I remember the day when American cars were dynamos

You can get into a head on collision and barely a scratch on the bumper.  My father had a Chevy Nova in the 70s and it was built like an armed tank.

Now you look at cars and forget it you become a sandwich in one of them.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere

You can get into a head on collision and barely a scratch on the bumper.  My father had a Chevy Nova in the 70s and it was built like an armed tank.

Yeah but the only bad thing about the old cars was when you got a scratch it would rust

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
True, but a touch of paint will take care of that,   now you see people every 2 or 3 years getting new cars and they are so cheaply looking made.

He had something like this but with the ragtop in black but body was white..

http://www.classicsandcustoms.com/list/images/X_1976_Chevrolet_Nova_11132007114940_18878.jpg

RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
Not bad

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
Not bad

Those were the days when most cars were American made.

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
I always loved The Avanti made by Studebaker.

Anyone here familiar with that model?

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere

What year?

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member

What year?
Yes it was made in the late 50's early 60's it was the last gasp for Studebaker. The Koreans have copied it to some extent in a car they put out called the Amanti. Korea can only hope that any car that they produce will be talked about 50 years after the company itself went out of business.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere

What year?
Yes it was made in the late 50's early 60's it was the last gasp for Studebaker. The Koreans have copied it to some extent in a car they put out called the Amanti. Korea can only hope that any car that they produce will be talked about 50 years after the company itself went out of business.

Like this

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
This is my Baby. Real Steel!!

Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Yes that's the Avanti but now that I think back that was put out in the early 60s. The Studebaker that I was thinking of than looks like the Hyundi Amanti was the Studebaker Hawk of the late 50's. I don't remember exactly if the early Avanti's started out like the Hawk and then evolved into the car in your picture. It looks like the Hawk may have been the predecessor to the Avanti.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studebaker_Silver_Hawk

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
Yes that's the Avanti but now that I think back that was put out in the early 60s. The Studebaker that I was thinking of than looks like the Hyundi Amanti was the Studebaker Hawk of the late 50's. I don't remember exactly if the early Avanti's started out like the Hawk and then evolved into the car in your picture. It looks like the Hawk may have been the predecessor to the Avanti.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studebaker_Silver_Hawk

The car in the Picture is from the early 60's around 61 or 62

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member

What is it and what year? Is it a Willys?

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
    • TangoMike3

It is a 1953 Dodge M37, military surplus. The military version of the Power Wagon. These were used extensively in Korea and Viet Nam.

It has been heavily modified. Has a Ford V8 360. 4 Wheel coil suspension, disc brakes and power steering.
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮

Ummm...just what would you do with that?
You'll file bankruptcy driving that.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
Many Chinese cars will be coming to the US soon before 2008 is up, there is already a company called Chery that is introducing many basic models here in America. China is well known for copying everything and they've even copied modern car designs and trying to sell them here in America for a fraction of the cost. China has already taken over most of our clothing and electronics industry as well as appliances. This could be a serious problem

See how China copies pre existing designs
http://youtube.com/watch?v=rtTmnchkuR8

China car crash test, would you want to trust your life on one?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4Swzbt76wBM

Wonderful wonderful!
Lets get one for barack osama!

Well, just don't buy it. I won't. I won't be anywhere near one.

Unfortunately, though, with $4.50/g gas, I think people will actually buy them.

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member

It is a 1953 Dodge M37, military surplus. The military version of the Power Wagon. These were used extensively in Korea and Viet Nam.

It has been heavily modified. Has a Ford V8 360. 4 Wheel coil suspension, disc brakes and power steering.
Interesting! Dodge was a favorite manufacture of mine until Chrysler sold out to the Germans. It was hard to tell what company being its military they all sort of look alike. What made you use the 360 Ford engine?

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer

I used to have one of these.

Man, I loved that car.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
A 70 Pontiac GTO nice! Not to soon after that things started to go down hill for our great American car companies. Caught in the grips of gas shortages and a competitor who's labor costs were a fraction of what they had to deal with it put them on the ropes. Quality and product design really suffered to cut costs. One only has to sit in an American car made before the 70's to see how well made they actually were. They could not build cars with materials like that in them today a basic car would cost 50G's or more. I would show some pictures of the old cars I have had but then you guys would really be able to see just how long I have been around. Lets just say when I first took to the roads that GTO in the picture might have just been getting traded in for the first time and would still be a very desirable used car.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM

Interesting! Dodge was a favorite manufacture of mine until Chrysler sold out to the Germans. It was hard to tell what company being its military they all sort of look alike. What made you use the 360 Ford engine?

Chrysler is no longer owned by Daimler.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member

Chrysler is no longer owned by Daimler.

They still hold some interests in the company. I am not sure what but its become very popular for companies to sell off the company itself but retain ownership of the real estate and charge the new owners rental. Daimler really pulled the wool over the old Chrysler Corporations eyes. Chrysler went into that transaction thinking they were going to be the controlling interest only to find Daimler to be the actual controlling interest. It's  retribution by the Germans for all the tanks and trucks Chrysler built during WW2 to help defeat them. They have dismantled a once great company as payback. Chrysler had some great modern plants and now they no longer own them and have to rent them from Daimler It won't survive in this condition long and I think all said and done Daimler will end up with what they were after in the first place Jeep.

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
    • TangoMike3

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I bought it like that off of eBay. A guy that builds race cars up in Pittsburgh set it up. He had an old Ford F250 PU and took the suspension, steering and drive train out and put under the M37. Mostly just use it for Sunday drives and parades.