Author Topic: My Favorite Tehillim  (Read 2055 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
My Favorite Tehillim
« on: August 05, 2008, 02:30:12 AM »
I find these two Psalms fit my mood for today. Psalm 112 which expresses the ideal of Judaism, that a man who fears Hashem will be blessed because he is merciful and just. He knows that the enemies of Hashem will be destroyed.

Psalm 126 is an uplifting tribute to Hashem which looks forward to the Messianic days when all of Israel will be reunited in Zion. May moshiach come in our days and Hashems works be visible to us.

Chapter 112
1. Praise the Lord! Fortunate is the man who fears the Lord, and desires His commandments intensely.
2. His descendants will be mighty on the earth; he will be blessed with an upright generation.
3. Wealth and riches are in his house, and his righteousness endures forever.
4. Even in darkness light shines for the upright, for [He is] Compassionate, Merciful, and Just.
5. Good is the man who is compassionate and lends, [but] provides for his own needs with discretion.
6. For he will never falter; the righteous man will be an eternal remembrance.
7. He will not be afraid of a bad tiding; his heart is steadfast, secure in the Lord.
8. His heart is steadfast, he does not fear, until he sees his oppressors [destroyed].
9. He has distributed [his wealth], giving to the needy. His righteousness will endure forever; his might will be uplifted in honor.
10. The wicked man will see and be angry; he will gnash his teeth and melt away; the wish of the wicked will be ruined.

Chapter 126
1. A song of ascents. When the Lord will return the exiles of Zion, we will have been like dreamers.
2. Then our mouth will be filled with laughter, and our tongue with songs of joy; then will they say among the nations, "The Lord has done great things for these.”
3. The Lord has done great things for us; we were joyful.
4. Lord, return our exiles as streams to arid soil.
5. Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy.
6. He goes along weeping, carrying the bag of seed; he will surely return with songs of joy, carrying his sheaves.

SHALOM!  O0

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
Re: My Favorite Tehillim
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 05:17:47 AM »
Come Let us go up, to the Mountain of the Lrd, to the house of the Gd of Jacob.  :)
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates