Author Topic: Criticizing Judaism/other religions.  (Read 7556 times)

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Criticizing Judaism/other religions.
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2008, 02:47:37 PM »
I am not sure why people keep on making it like their is more than one person making the personal attacks. Both Chaimfan and Mord have been personally attacked in the shas thread. Their is only one person making the attacks so this whole blaming everyone equally attitude that some take is not helpful at all and pisses me off.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2008, 02:51:52 PM »
Agreed. This thread was not even addressed to that member, primarily. I started this thread and had many long exchanges with KWRBT in it that were completely civil, on both sides, as well as several shorter exchanges with a few others. Then, late last night, a certain poster saw this thread and found it personally intolerable. I was accused of, among other things, defaming the Talmud on this forum (lol).

That is what went on, Lisa and Dan.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2008, 02:57:22 PM »
Agreed. This thread was not even addressed to that member, primarily. I started this thread and had many long exchanges with KWRBT in it that were completely civil, on both sides, as well as several shorter exchanges with a few others. Then, late last night, a certain poster saw this thread and found it personally intolerable. I was accused of, among other things, defaming the Talmud on this forum (lol).

That is what went on, Lisa and Dan.

can you quote here he/she did that and what it was  you might have said for him/her to think so.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2008, 02:57:57 PM »
The fact of the matter is that many Jews tend to me liberal and support liberal chi chi causes like the environment.  There are also observant Jews who are in favor of Israel giving up land to the Arabs, and who love Yitzchak Rabin, Shimon Peres, etc.  My brother in law is an example of that.  When I asked Chaim about it on a past Ask JTF show, he didn't know what to say.  

Likewise, there are many left leaning Christians in America, and they make up even more of America's population.  So rather than criticizing religions (except for Islam, which is fair game here), we should instead focus on *people* who act hypocritically, despite professing to be religious.  

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2008, 02:59:29 PM »

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2008, 03:01:23 PM »
The fact of the matter is that many Jews tend to me liberal and support liberal chi chi causes like the environment.  There are also observant Jews who are in favor of Israel giving up land to the Arabs, and who love Yitzchak Rabin, Shimon Peres, etc.  My brother in law is an example of that.  When I asked Chaim about it on a past Ask JTF show, he didn't know what to say.  

Likewise, there are many left leaning Christians in America, and they make up even more of America's population.  So rather than criticizing religions (except for Islam, which is fair game here), we should instead focus on *people* who act hypocritically, despite professing to be religious.  
This is right in the end, but I had to make this thread in order to clarify myself. You told me yesterday that I used some very sloppy wording that could appear that I was insulting all of Judaism. I apologized for giving this impression, edited my original post, started this thread to establish what I really believe, and I think it has run its course.

Go ahead and lock it. Nothing constructive is coming out of it any longer.