Author Topic: I have a technical question  (Read 851 times)

Offline Ralph1

• Full JTFer
I have a technical question
« on: July 17, 2008, 09:54:55 PM »
I would like to link a video to my post but I want it to be viewable in the post rather clicking on the link and watching it on a server like zootube. Like this: http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php?topic=2330.msg15151#msg15151

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: I have a technical question
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 10:43:32 PM »
I would like to link a video to my post but I want it to be viewable in the post rather clicking on the link and watching it on a server like zootube. Like this: http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php?topic=2330.msg15151#msg15151

it's bad enough with people with HUGE signatures that make a thread from 3 pages to 15 pages.

embedded videos in posts?  that's just a bad idea.  It's not necessary.

a forum is for information really, and references to information.

a link will point to where it is, and anybody that wants to see it can see it.

what advantage is there in embedding it?

you're not a salesman trying to appeal to stupid consumers

Offline Ralph1

• Full JTFer
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 10:57:12 PM »
It's convenient to watch a video without opening a new page.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 11:42:03 PM »
first, I am not sure..
If you click on Quote on that page, you see the code he used though, if that helps!

second,
if you are watching a video then you can't really browse around the forum reading things anyway. So what's the problem with opening up a new window for it. A video is a slow audio visual thing that demands full attention, or rather, the focus of your eyes and ears, anyway. 

It's not like a new windows is an inconvenience for a video. Unless you're a "luddite" with new windows/rabs. But not a luddite for the content of forum posts.

if browsing around many sites you may well want many windows open. it really isn't a problem.. Windows is called windows for a reason. I have 15 browser windows open, and a command prompt and other things. I don't bother closing them until i'm finished with the comp, or if things are bad on RAM.  Then I close them all at the same time, all browser windows e.t.c. Win XP groups them.  You can't be using a GUI if you're uncomfortable with windows.. or find them somewhat inconvenient. They are completely convenient.