Author Topic: Ask Judea Torah Show 6  (Read 3068 times)

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
Ask Judea Torah Show 6
« on: July 11, 2008, 06:08:43 AM »
Thank you so much for your great questions last show. I look forward to answering all of your new questions.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Ask Judea Torah Show 6
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 06:27:22 PM »
Shalom Judea.
  Thanks for your answers (from the previous shows).

I would like to ask if Rav Bar Haim believes in men going to Mikva and if it really helps get tummah out of a person and then get Keddusha in, or is it something made up, where it doesn't really affect a person besides maybe psychologically. And if it is a waste of time or really something useful.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 12:47:32 AM »
I dont know if you accept more questions from the same poster, but if yes-
  Does Rav Bar Haim (and you) believe that the redemption will come "in its time" or through "I will hasten it" or a combination of both? Do you believe like I heard from some Kahanists and also Rabbi Mizrachi that the process of "In its time" has begun about 10 years ago, (I do not know exactly where the source has been taken from), but at least with the Kahanists they also link it to Rabbi Kahane being banned from the Kennesset and everything going down hill from their (at a greater pace). Also do you believe that the state of Israel will be destroyed, and from the destruction and amist it their will rise a rightious person (possibly the Moshiah, either Ben David or more likely Ben Yosef) who would then lead the nation, and lead a new affective army or do you belive that the state will be the way it is, and slowly their might be change that will come through a high religious birth rate and many becoming Baal Tishuva's (Or anything different or in between).   
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 01:30:47 AM »
hi

According to a british rabbi - and I think he's right.  Most Americans cannot pronounce an Oh. The vowel doesn't exist in the american accent. He said americans can't pronounce hebrew.

If you ever hear - *in a british accent* words like Boris, Orange, On, Off, Dock. In a british accent, I think it's the cholam you describe(mouth in that position).
Which, I think is the Sfardi cholam.

According to this british rabbi, there is absolutely no difference between the Sfardi cholam and the ashkenazi kamatz. That's my experience as a british jew too.

I know you disagreed on that.

(forget the ashkenazi cholam, I know that has issues. But my interest is the  ashkenazi kamatz and the Sfardi cholam)

Could you give some examples of how in ashkenazi and Sfardi, the following words are pronunced, in your opinion, -

The following In Sfardi (i'm interested in the cholam)
אֹרֶךּ        אָחוֹת     קָרוֹב

And the following in ashkenazi(i'm interested in the kamatz)
שַׁבָּת    בָּמָה     יְשׁוּעָה    קָרוֹב

« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 11:17:21 PM by q_q_ »

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 01:44:34 AM »
Shalom Judeanoncapta,

Halachically can Jews and Noahides get married? Obviously a fellow Jew would be preferable, but what if only Noahides are available for whatever reason?

If they do get married, are their children halachically Jewish?

Thanks, Chaimfan.

Offline 2honest

• Senior JTFer
  • MayIsraelPrevail
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 07:51:55 PM »
Hi judeanoncapta,

my knowledge about Judaism/Torah is pretty limited so I hope you dont mind asking very basic questions.

Considering Abraham as the father of Judaism what is it that makes Noah a gentile?
How is Adam being considered in that regard?

Thanks for your time,
2honest

Offline Bruicy Kibbutz

• Full JTFer
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 08:50:16 PM »
Hey Judea,
Do you know how well known Rabbi Joseph Mizrachi is in Israel. If you could ask whoever might know (yeshiva teacher or rabbis in general)
DukeNukem

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 09:39:44 PM »
Hi again,
  I read an article on your Rabbi's website Machonshilo , written by a student of your Rav. It talked about solving world problems by spreading the laws of Noah to the nations. I was wondering if you are familiar with the article and with the person who has written it, and if yes would you know how it should be implemented, or how they intend to spread the 7 laws of Noah to the nations?
 Also would you think it would be affective, particularly with the Arabs, or would their violent nature and pride prevent them from seeing the truth?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 09:41:36 PM by Tzvi Ben Roshel »

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2008, 09:42:38 PM »
what do you make of the opinion that rivka was 3 when she married yitzchak?
a calculation based on a midrash apparently.
But this contradicts the plain meaning of the events.
Do you think this is aggadic, and if so, what does it teach?
or do you think the number is wrong - that particular midrash was not transmitted properly, it's not reliable.

There is a similar thing with sarah. I don't remember the sources. But I recall one version saying regarding her 127 years.  As beautiful at 100 as at 20 and her skin as soft at 20 as at 7.
But there is another version of the text that has it a funny way around.  I guess that is an obvious one though, which one is certainly wrong.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 09:45:03 PM by q_q_ »

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2008, 04:53:48 AM »
There has been some discussion  that interested KahaneBT and myself, about your idea that the yerushalmi was superior to the bavli.. and even, binding in israel while the bavli was not?  Or that people in israel should let the yerushalmi overrule the bavli.

I don't know if I stated that correctly.

Here are some further thoughts 
The RAMBAM wrote nothing like that, did he? So I guess he would agree with the bavli's authority.

Here is a statement from a very clever Sefaradi fellow..prob a rambamist.
maybe you could explain it and comment because I don't know exatly what he means. He is arguing that the bavli is the ultimate authority. 

He said
"there is only one authoritative
halakha, that of Beth Dinam shel Rabhena veRabh Ashe, a reflection of
Babylonian jurisprudence (and the core of Palestinian). The PT was never
officially "nehtam" in Israel.  The archives of the Sanhedrin were moved to
Babel when Christianity became the official Roman faith, and babylon's beth din
haggadol became supreme.   "

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2008, 04:57:47 AM »
Tzvi and I were discussion aggadic and kabbalistic areas..

and I pointed out that I had noticed, that not only are aggadic ones sometimes rather pacifistic..
You have a great answer for the aggadic.  That they were spun to modify the behaviour of the people for a good reason specific to the time..  But you didn't address kabbalistic.

moreso , the kabbalistic ones are very pacifistic.

Isn't that very strange and suspicious.

The whole claim of kabbalah is that it is divine..  And certainly not just stories made up by rabbis in order to influence the behaviour of people of the time.

Yet you have this very pacificstic contrast between on the one hand, kabbalah, and on the other hand,   pshat and things described by the RAMBAM

For example doesn't the zohar say something like that the 3rd temple will drop out the sky onto the mosque ?

and isn't there some kabbalistic text that we will go to israel through undeground tunnels. completely mystical..

are we to believe that the Ari or great kabbalistics made these things up. I assume i'm not overestimating the pacifism they espouse and the contradiction it presents.

This is a problem because these kabbalists explicitly claim that they received teaching from heavenly teachers.  And these are well respected rabbis.. surely we are not to treat them as liars?! But we are really if we don't take them seriously 

« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 05:06:34 AM by q_q_ »