Author Topic: Ask JTF For Purim, March 4.  (Read 16466 times)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Ask JTF For Purim, March 4.
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2007, 11:10:30 AM »
I'm a first time poster..I not sure if I'm doing this correctly or not and maybe you can help me if i'm doing a post wrong...

I wanted to ask a couple of questions for the broadcast.

1. In today's world where it is sometimes hard for a righteous Jew to marry a righteous Jew, can you comment on a matrimony between a righteous Jew and non-converted rigtheous gentile and reference to Moses and his Midianite wife.

2. G-d forbid this would ever happen to anyone, but what would you do if a child of yours or a child of a friend or loved one yours came out of the closet to you and he/she was overall a decent human being otherwise? (btw, I'm not gay nor do I advocate homosexuality).
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2007, 12:33:53 AM »
Why Antarctica? That would be pollution to the environment. They don't need a cold place. They need a warm place. Since I'm moderate, I won't say where that warm place is. ;D

I agree. Besides, we would not want the homos to sodomize the polar bears.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2007, 07:08:59 AM »
Hello Dear Chaim,

Hope all is well.  Thanks very much for your thoughtful comments from last week.  I will take them to heart and do my best to overcome the OCD problem.  This week, I just have a couple of brief questions.  With the Purim holiday upon us, I was wondering what your favorite Jewish holiday is in general and why?  Also a quick Kosher related question.  I remember you mentioned that you buy kosher foods in regular supermarkets and that you eat a lot of fish.  I was wondering if you buy canned fish with a kosher seal exclusively, since the fish you have to prepare yourself is not designated kosher and usually laid out with clearly non-kosher items like lobster and crabs, etc.  I was tempted to buy some flounder or white fish in this section, but I held back on this because I could not verify that they were kosher.  Thanks very much as always and have a very happy and healthy Purim.  Until next week G-d willing.

Ari
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 07:10:46 AM by Ari »

Offline cosmokramer

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2007, 07:41:02 AM »
Hello Chaim, thanks for answering my questions last week. I'll make it short.

1.Do you think the South Africa should re-enforcing the Apartheid law. I think so. Speaking racially as a Negro even I think the White rule has to come back to the country. By the way. Any American Negro visiting South Africa had all the same rights as white citizens because they were considered civilized.

2.When aKahanist government takes over and the Holy Land is expanded to greater israel, Do you think that Israel should hold colonies like the British or French?

Thank you Chaim and Happy Purim.
Victor

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2007, 03:26:10 PM »
Shalom Chaim! :D

Thank you for answering my questions last week, i look forward to your shows and they have certainly replaced the time i spend watching "reality" trash on t.v.

1.  What do you think of Hasidic Judaism and its overwhelming amount of Hasidic worship; their untraditional ascriptions of infallibility and their idea that their leaders worked miracles. This in comparasion to the jewish reform or so called enlightment that took place in the late 18th century. Why are there so many sects and do you believe they cause disunity among the jews in israel, amounting to its many problems?
______________All One question ;D

2. Your "Chaim ben pesach" diet amuses me a great deal. Surely a balanced and limited diet is perfectly healthy and eating a bit of everything-including meat and even a bit of chocolate now and again- is healthy, as you get a balanced and right amount of vitamins and fats needed.How did your strong views on healthy eating come about?

Wishing you the best of health and a happy Purim to all the members on JTF!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 03:32:28 PM by sarah.... »

Offline Hidden Author

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2007, 04:50:51 PM »
1. You probably can't answer this question now but please reply on the next Jewish Task Force show. On June 5, 2007 it will be 40 years since the beginning of the Six-Day War by the standard calendar. Could you calculate by the Hebrew calendar what day it will be 40 years after the beginning of the Six-Day War? Could you also do such a calculation to see whether there were exactly 40 years between the first days of the War of Independence and the Intifada? If not, could you have Yakov do it, then report back to you so you can do a JTF show on it?

2. How exactly do you plan to force the Israeli government to stop interfering when Kahanists attempt to spread their message and campaign for politicial office?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 05:32:23 PM by Hidden Author »

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2007, 01:02:04 AM »
Why Antarctica? That would be pollution to the environment. They don't need a cold place. They need a warm place. Since I'm moderate, I won't say where that warm place is. ;D

I agree. Besides, we would not want the homos to sodomize the polar bears.

You mean the penguins. The polar bears are in The Arctic, not Antarctic.

You're right. I better sharpen up. More reading, less watching the morons on TV.

Offline ape

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2007, 06:38:40 PM »
How can you explain to these retarded Albanians that their ancestors were forceably converted to Islam?
What can we do to support the Lebanese Christians(the good Leb. Christians not the Muslim supporters) besides support a kahanist gov't?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 12:40:49 AM by ape_has_killed_ape »

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2007, 09:52:54 PM »
Hey Chaim.  In the spirit of Purim, I have an old JDL Purim story to tell you that I think you would like.  In the mid or late 1970's in Brooklyn, my father and a car full of his JDL friends went collecting at people's houses on Purim for the JDL.  He had a rich friend in the JDL named Hershey F. who rented a very realistic looking full gorilla outfit from a costume store for $150 (that's a lot of money for the 70's but it was really realistic looking) and he came along.  After they finished collecting and were a little drunk, they decided that the gorilla outfit looked really cool so they came up with the idea of bringing the guy into the NY subway wearing the full gorilla suit.  Anyways, when the guy walked into the subway with the full gorilla outfit on it made a whole scene.  All the tourists and native New Yorkers wanted to sit on his lap and have their pictures taken since they never saw a gorilla in the subway before.  So he had like 100 people sit on his lap and take photos.  They still talk about this till this day. 
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 10:19:26 PM by jdl4ever »
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2007, 10:17:59 PM »
Really? I always thought there were already a lot of gorillas on the New York subway system.
:)  Good one.  There's a difference between a monkey and a gorilla.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 10:58:29 PM by jdl4ever »
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2007, 08:05:41 AM »
   There was talk in Bait Knesset yesterday about drinking on Purim and Simchat torah. I was told that the mitzva was to drink enough wine so you couldn't tell the difference between Mordechai and Haman. Does wine only apply to drinks with grapes and does it also apply to liqueur? There was the obvious talk about drinking and driving and drinking until it made people sick. I left with the impression that getting drunk is a European custom as opposed to a Jewish mitzva. What would you consider to be the correct hallucha about these two holidays?
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Fruit of thy loins

• Master JTFer
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2007, 04:28:14 PM »
I had earlier posted these questions but I deleted them after Lisa messaged me about them. But Yacov wanted to hear your answer so he had me summarize the questions. 

Point 1: I had asked you about when you said that you wanted to come home to Ann Coulter every night and why are you so pro-conversion in the case of inter-marriage. You called her 'very attractive' last week. Then you said you wouldn't mind coming home to her every night, which sounds like marriage or a relationship of some kind to me! Then you went on to tell me off for talking about sex in my question about clicking heels, Britney Spears etc.

Point 2: I also asked if you thought it's okay to take beautiful blondes over to Israel and convert them.  I then asked various things, talking about my own love for blondes but how they don't want me.  I also mentioned the fact that gentiles don't have 'perfect' free will etc.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 02:06:25 AM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »
Every white woman deserves the black man of her dreams.  But what does every white man deserve?