Poll

What is the better wife?

Housewife
Working Wife
Other

Author Topic: What is the better wife: Housewife or Working Wife?  (Read 45988 times)

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
What is the better wife: Housewife or Working Wife?
« on: August 03, 2008, 11:50:55 PM »
What is the better wife: Housewife or Working Wife?

vs.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 12:03:10 AM by Pheasant »
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: What is the better wife: Housewife or Working Wife?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 11:55:31 PM »
Yes, indeed.

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 07:56:49 AM »
Men need to work, women need to be home, feeling good, and not under a BUNCH of UNNECESSARY STRESS.  WTF happened here in USA? Women are NOT smarter than men, its just the FACTS. Let the men go back to work, and women work on the computer, selling little trinkets all over the world on ebay-etc.. The economy would SKYROCKET. Women were WAY happier at home, it is the TRUTH.  That is EXACTLY where G-d made them to be, women are NESTERS. You cant nest at a job, that is only an 8 hour nest. BOTH of my grandmothers have tole me, re: feminism.... "Sure glad I'm not you, kid- having to go out in the world and do a mans job"  thats what they use to tell me, no joke.
Look at how women were much more content before:

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 08:32:12 AM »
Men need to work, women need to be home, feeling good, and not under a BUNCH of UNNECESSARY STRESS.  WTF happened here in USA? Women are NOT smarter than men, its just the FACTS. Let the men go back to work, and women work on the computer, selling little trinkets all over the world on ebay-etc.. The economy would SKYROCKET. Women were WAY happier at home, it is the TRUTH.  That is EXACTLY where G-d made them to be, women are NESTERS. You cant nest at a job, that is only an 8 hour nest. BOTH of my grandmothers have tole me, re: feminism.... "Sure glad I'm not you, kid- having to go out in the world and do a mans job"  thats what they use to tell me, no joke.

Wow Paulette, you are great O0
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 09:49:53 AM »
Yes, quite true, actually.....

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 10:45:18 AM »
Other - Both!
  My mother is an example of that... she worked and raised a famlily ever since she came to America she had 2  jobs!

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 10:57:00 AM »
I Choose the housewife

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2008, 11:40:35 AM »
What, I am the only one to option working wife ?!

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2008, 11:41:28 AM »
What, I am the only one to option working wife ?!

Yes

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2008, 12:03:49 PM »
Actually I have nothing against housewifes, I just think that a woman should not be compelled to be a housewife, this can be very frustrating and ultimately ruin the marriage.

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2008, 02:57:18 PM »
Working wife, if that makes her happy as long as the kids aren't suffering.
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2008, 09:09:31 PM »
Working Wife IMO! I want my wife to get out into the world and make a difference. I don't want her wandering the malls for 8-9 hours a day then come home and slave over a hot phone ordering dinner. Also, I refuse to marry a woman that insists that I'm her support and she doesn't need to work (I see this as I peruse sites like jdate). Long story short, I don't want a Peg Bundy!

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2008, 09:19:01 PM »
Hey Hanna, I have 2 Shitzus. Let me know if you go in the grooming business in Georgia. They go from clean cut to dust mop in about 4 weeks.  :)
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2008, 09:46:45 PM »
Working Wife IMO! I want my wife to get out into the world and make a difference. I don't want her wandering the malls for 8-9 hours a day then come home and slave over a hot phone ordering dinner. Also, I refuse to marry a woman that insists that I'm her support and she doesn't need to work (I see this as I peruse sites like jdate). Long story short, I don't want a Peg Bundy!
She want your MONEY

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2008, 09:50:25 PM »
The problems come when work and possessions are more important then family.
A woman's priority must always be the 'home'.
We are the 'homemakers' even if we work outside the home.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2008, 09:51:18 PM »
Hey Hanna, I have 2 Shitzus. Let me know if you go in the grooming business in Georgia. They go from clean cut to dust mop in about 4 weeks.  :)

You mean they go from looking like thisTo this :::D

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2008, 09:55:37 PM »
She want your MONEY

I can't agree with the OP's pictures. Not all women who work are that horrible. Also, this is not 1955. Unfortunately you need 2 incomes in a family to stay afloat in this economy. Don't get me wrong, I have a master's, and I'm hoping that the woman I settle down with has a good education as I see this is as extremely attractive in a woman.

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2008, 09:58:06 PM »
I like having the 2 incomes. My wife lets me get away with spending lots of money on guns, ammo and other toys, er tools!!

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2008, 09:58:55 PM »
I like having the 2 incomes. My wife lets me get away with spending lots of money on guns, ammo and other toys, er tools!!

Toys :::D

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2008, 01:40:17 AM »
This is a tough call. Ideally I think one partner should work and one take care of the children. But, if both must work, the best thing would be for them to be in the same profession where they have a similar passion--that would be best for the marriage, by far.

One thing to note is that women seem to be more sensitive to work overload than men. They are much more susceptible to clinical depression, a diminished sex drive, and stress-related illness than men, at least married men.

I myself would have no problem with either a housewife or a wife who is passionate about her job (meaning she loves doing it for the sake of doing it), but I would hope my income could cover us both.

Offline Shiptar

• Full JTFer
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2008, 08:35:29 AM »
Options confuse me, a house wife is a working wife :) . There couldnt be any more important job then that, to boot.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 08:38:39 AM by Shiptar »

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2008, 04:01:07 PM »
In today's world, a stay at home parent is pretty much a thing of the past.  One can say that they want to stay home and raise the kids, but that can make it very tough on a family budget.  I respect those who can stay at home, but relate with those who have to work.

Offline momofsixbabes

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2008, 10:15:08 PM »
Actually I have nothing against housewifes, I just think that a woman should not be compelled to be a housewife, this can be very frustrating and ultimately ruin the marriage.

I agree. I was once the bread winner in the early years of my marriage. It really gave me a bad attitude towards my husband. I struggled with lack or respect toward him. Yep, I repented. However, now at home with a tighter one income family, I find it so much easier to focus on raising god fearing children, and meeting the needs of my husband. I would agree that working outside the home puts a lot of stress and strain on a marriage that ultimately can ruin it. My husband would agree.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2008, 12:47:04 AM »
Working wife, if that makes her happy as long as the kids aren't suffering.

WHat if she is semi-retired? and does volunteer work?

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2008, 12:50:59 AM »
Women who want to work instead of be at home with children want to be men.  I'm not gay, so I voted housewife.

I've done both: I much would rather stay at home.....and do volunteer work...I do however, want to start an art biz or maybe even DOG GROOMING (is Shamgar reading my mind?????? or did someone tell on me???).

I would really like to get back into my art, someone even prophesied over me about HaShem wanting me to do that, I must!!!
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל