Author Topic: Jewish Rapper Clowns on Obama  (Read 3338 times)

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Jewish Rapper Clowns on Obama
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 01:55:31 AM »
Wow, that is good stuff.   Very clever lyrics.   I have no idea who this is but he's now my favorite rapper.  Here's a Jew who knows what he's talking about!

Is he popular?

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 07:39:23 AM »
Well now, rap takes on a whole new complexion. I wonder if someone could load that onto youtube and other sites. O0

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 07:48:45 AM »
Jewish people shouldn't do rap, it's degrading and undignified.

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 07:56:22 AM »

I believe this is a parody of rap even more forceful due to its message which is so counter to what a typical rapper would say. I have no doubt this would get a lot of views on youtube.

Offline takebackourtemple

• Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 07:57:38 AM »

I agree. Even though the message was changed to one of ours, it wasn't entirely purged of all the evil components of rap.

BTW, rap does have rhymes. For any Jew that is into poetry, there is nothing wrong with reading or evil trying to sing poems to music.

Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 08:01:07 AM »
I apologize because I shouldn't be saying what Jews should and shouldn't do because I'm not Jewish. It's just the idea of any decent human being mimicing ape behavior bothers me.

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 08:02:57 AM »
I apologize because I shouldn't be saying what Jews should and shouldn't do because I'm not Jewish. It's just the idea of any decent human being mimicing ape behavior bothers me.

There is no need to apologize Rubystars. If a Jew does something wrong, even if unintentional, you should do what you can to correct the behavior. In this case you did everything right.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2008, 08:08:54 AM »

No doubt, rap is garbage; agreed. No apology is needed. However, my point was that this piece is different in that it not only exposes Osama ,but also is a jab at rap. Also the way this message is wrapped makes it easy to market to the general public.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2008, 08:10:31 AM »

No doubt, rap is garbage; agreed. No apology is needed. However, my point was that this piece is different in that it not only exposes Osama ,but also is a jab at rap. Also the way this message is wrapped makes it easy to market to the general public.

I don't think it's a jab at rap, I think he is a rapper that simply has a different style of it. I'm glad that he's against Obama but the medium he chooses to convey his message isn't pleasing to the ears.

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2008, 09:10:22 AM »
I don't think there is anything inherently evil or wrong with rap music. All rap music is is rhyming to a beat. It is only evil when it promotes sadism, materialism, violence or other things typical of the black community. It is like musical poetry that can be very good when not promoting evil.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2008, 10:16:02 AM »
I don't think there is anything inherently evil or wrong with rap music. All rap music is is rhyming to a beat. It is only evil when it promotes sadism, materialism, violence or other things typical of the black community. It is like musical poetry that can be very good when not promoting evil.

Agreed. It has acquired an evil connotation because of the lyrics typically associated with it. 1102 hits on youtube.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2008, 04:49:48 PM »

thunderbolt,

Yes I do agree. I have grown to like a variety of this hip-hop and reggae rhythms. It is the words which are always the most important. I recognized this when i was 16 years old when I mentioned that the band I liked had intelligent lyrics.

muman613

PS:

Check out these:

« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 04:51:22 PM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2008, 07:44:57 PM »
There are actually a few frames on that video where it says Jews Against Obama.

It says "JEWS FOR JEWS AGAINST JEWS AGAINST OBAMA" technically that means he is for Jews who are against us. Rap noise makes people stupid.

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2008, 07:46:33 PM »

Let's get something straight. Rap is not music. It is sometimes a perverse poem that is superimposed onto real music or pieces of real music which are ruined. Rap is just noise.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2008, 03:04:48 AM »

exactly.  If the message is "kosher" or clean or whatever, there is nothing wrong with rap as a genre of music.  The problem with it is that it is usually performed by thugs and the message they preach is about thuggery.  That's what makes rap wrong.   It isn't inherently "satanic" or some evil formula.  It's a type of music.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2008, 04:19:32 AM »
Rap is an extension of an evil, destructive, violent "culture".

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2008, 04:30:09 AM »
Rap is an extension of an evil, destructive, violent "culture".

Ruby,

I disagree. Music is not inherently good or evil. Just like any other tool, it can be used for good or for evil. If you attribute aspects such as evil to music then it is a simple step to worship idols. Look at the concept of Computers. Are they good or evil? The computer is neither good nor evil, it is a tool used for either good or evil purposes. This also applies to the gun. A gun can save a life, and it can take an innocent life. Is it good or evil?

I will not succumb to the habit of attributing the trait of EVIL to anything which I dont like or undertand. In my earlier years I did say I hated all RAP music, but as I grew older I found things to like about the MUSIC, and I have continued to hate the message of gangster rap.

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2008, 04:35:03 AM »
I'm not attributing any mystical properties to rap. I'm saying it is part of a culture of evil which shouldn't be mimiced or emulated.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2008, 05:13:01 AM »
I'm not attributing any mystical properties to rap. I'm saying it is part of a culture of evil which shouldn't be mimiced or emulated.

Ruby,

Music is in a constant state of flux and change. Honestly it is hard to hate any kind of true musical expression. In the 60s the big complaint about Rock music is it was derived from the Black Culture. Elvis took this style and improved on it. Blues and Gospel music were developed by the African Americans in the south and it is a very powerful and moving style. I understand where you are coming from but I still believe that no music is inherently evil. I have even liked Heavy Metal music even though there is a good amount of Heavy metal music which is negative and in my opinion not so good. The issue is being able to discern the good from the evil.

Thank you,
muman613

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2008, 05:19:46 AM »
I also understand what you're saying, but there's something particularly mind numbing about rap and though it might have been different in its early inception (mostly silly, non-gangster lyrics, like Will Smith's "Parents Just Don't Understand), etc. now it's associated almost exclusively with thuggery and a degenerate lifestyle. I've seen some of these "Jewish rap" videos and they dress like Jews but act just like [censored]. They're not making the genre their own at all.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2008, 05:28:29 AM »
I also understand what you're saying, but there's something particularly mind numbing about rap and though it might have been different in its early inception (mostly silly, non-gangster lyrics, like Will Smith's "Parents Just Don't Understand), etc. now it's associated almost exclusively with thuggery and a degenerate lifestyle. I've seen some of these "Jewish rap" videos and they dress like Jews but act just like schvartzas. They're not making the genre their own at all.

In my opinion it is like a game of intimidation. I am not intimidated by it at all any more. But when someone outside hears it it is intimidating. And it is that way on purpose.

Music is most certainly a matter of taste and no two peoples perception of music is identical { different strokes for different folks }. There is also this concept of generation gap. It occured in the 60s when the Rock music was rejected by our parents {my dad still thinks the Beatles are a bunch of long-haired hippies, though he admitted they did write some beautiful songs}. So naturally our children would seek a style of music which would be rejected by their parents. In many cases it is just a way of getting things out. As long as the message is 'kosher' as someone said before, then I dont see anything wrong with playing with rap music. When a musical style is created it has boundaries, either it is rap music or it is not, and that is why even Jewish rap sounds like rap. I also like Jewish reggae which is very uplifting and spiritual in nature. When I was young my dad had work in Jamaica. I remember visiting an old Jamaican Synagogue and was impressed how Judaism was kept even in Jamaica. There is a long history of Jews in Jamaica.

http://www.sephardim.org/jamaica/index.html

muman613

• Master JTFer
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2008, 07:38:30 AM »
Rap is not music. Period.

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2008, 09:03:51 AM »
That's pretty good lyrics.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2