Author Topic: Ask Rubystars  (Read 242472 times)

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Ask Rubystars
« Reply #425 on: September 04, 2010, 09:31:15 PM »
No No, let's try.  I always pictured you as a Brunette as well

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #426 on: September 05, 2010, 08:34:19 AM »
I don't know if I can do it this way. It's more of a matter of seeing someone's picture and not being surprised by it most of the time. It's not really that I have a pre-conceived notion of what someone looks like.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #427 on: September 05, 2010, 11:05:19 AM »
lol ok fair enough  :laugh:  I picture you being around 5'4 with shoulder length hair or maybe a little shorter (close?, totally wrong?)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #428 on: September 05, 2010, 01:36:32 PM »
lol ok fair enough  :laugh:  I picture you being around 5'4 with shoulder length hair or maybe a little shorter (close?, totally wrong?)

You came very close on the height, I'm 5'5", and my hair is straight and sometimes I get it cut to shoulder length but right now it's pretty long. You might have thought shoulder length because I plan on getting it cut soon. :)

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #429 on: September 05, 2010, 07:08:14 PM »
You're kind.   I was just wrong.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #430 on: September 06, 2010, 03:05:31 AM »
You're kind.   I was just wrong.

Most people don't guess my height that closely. :) I am about to get it cut to shoulder length too as soon as I can go. I don't like to spend money so I wait and wait and wait to go to get it cut. If I make more money then I'll go more often.

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #431 on: September 06, 2010, 07:58:17 AM »
Dear Rubystars why does Ralph come back and back every time we mention his name?
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #432 on: September 06, 2010, 08:34:16 PM »
Dear Rubystars why does Ralph come back and back every time we mention his name?

If you feed a stray animal they'll keep coming back, and that goes doubly or triply for trolls.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #433 on: September 07, 2010, 05:32:58 PM »

If you feed a stray animal they'll keep coming back, and that goes doubly or triply for trolls.

BRILLIANT ANSWER--fING BRILLIANT  :o.  Seriously

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #434 on: September 07, 2010, 07:09:13 PM »
Thanks JTFE

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #435 on: September 07, 2010, 07:44:52 PM »
Thanks JTFE

Ruby, you are so smart.  You should be higher than management.  You should be proprietor.  I am sure your smarts have been an issue though.  Why?  Because idiots in management are often intimidated by their very smart employees.  Good managers are not, good managers use their employees to make the business stronger and they show their appreciation by helping to advance them

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #436 on: September 08, 2010, 06:12:35 AM »
JTFE, that's a very nice thing for you to say, but I think there are people on this board who are much smarter than me.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #437 on: September 08, 2010, 06:16:48 PM »
JTFE, that's a very nice thing for you to say, but I think there are people on this board who are much smarter than me.

Perhaps differently read, not smarter.

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #438 on: September 09, 2010, 08:15:11 PM »
Dear Ruby

Have you noticed some Hispanics look like Arabs? Does this mean, that many if not most Mexicans have Arab DNA?

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #439 on: September 10, 2010, 07:40:15 AM »
Dear Ruby

Have you noticed some Hispanics look like Arabs? Does this mean, that many if not most Mexicans have Arab DNA?

This is kind of a touchy subject because I really don't have anything against the Mexican people. I just don't want millions of them swamping my country and replacing its culture with their own.

There are a lot of Mexicans with Arabic sounding names, and I did find this page about there being an Arab population in Mexico:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_Mexican

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #440 on: September 10, 2010, 11:17:21 AM »
The answer to this riddle isn't hard to figure out:

Following the Jewish Exile and the Muslim march throughout the world to spread Islam after the death of Mohammed, there came to be a tremendous Middle Eastern influence on Spanish culture and language from both its large Jewish community as well as from the Islamic Moors from North Africa who invaded and almost took over all of Spain.

For many years both faiths and cultures coexisted side by side inside Catholic Spain.

Both were expelled by Royal Edict in 1492 - the same year Columbus set sail for India but bumped into Cuba by accident.

Many Spaniards influenced by or descended from the Jews and Moors, were devout Catholics or later converted to Catholicism, and thus were among the many Spanish colonists entering the New World.

They brought with them many family names and first names bearing their Middle Eastern line of influence and heritage.

Today there are a large number of native born Catholics throughout South America and Central America who look just like Jews, and there are some with strong Arabic features.

Take a good look at Fidel Castro - a perfect example of a Cuban obviously of Spanish descent, yet with facial features and hair no different from many Jewish people.

Find a photo of him and draw a Chasidic style of clothing over his green fatigues and army hat, and he looks just like any other Jew.

It soon becomes obvious that many of our neighbors from below our souther borders are descended from Jews and Muslims who long ago completely assimilated inside Spanish Catholicism, and then emigrated to the New World before America became a nation.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #441 on: September 11, 2010, 05:33:52 AM »
I laughed about photoshopping Castro, but thanks for the history lesson Massuh! It does shed some light on the situation. I think I read something one time about Mexican Muslims and this Muslim was saying that sometimes a Mexican will already have an Arabic name and so if they want to change their name to a Muslim name that it's not necessary.

Offline FreedomFighter08

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #442 on: September 11, 2010, 04:27:15 PM »
Why are you a neo Confederate? Aren't you an American patriot? If you really are a neo Confederate wouldn't that make you a traitor to the Union?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #443 on: September 11, 2010, 09:54:34 PM »
Why are you a neo Confederate? Aren't you an American patriot? If you really are a neo Confederate wouldn't that make you a traitor to the Union?

I think that they were right to fight for their side at the time. To many people, the South represents being against government tyranny. Right now liberal intellectuals in Washington DC are trying to tell the South that our values are wrong. The South is a reservoir of conservative thought. There is still to this day a huge cultural separation between the South and other parts of the USA.

However, I am an American and I love this country. I don't live in the past even though I honor the people who fought.

I agree with the principles of freedom that this country was founded upon. I just wish that America would be more like it's supposed to be, moral, pro-life, and not controlled by vicious left wingers.

Texas doesn't even have a real say in who gets  nominated to run for President in either party. Oh, we have the primary election here too, but by the time it gets here, every candidate has just about dropped out and it's only there as a token. The Republican options last time were John McCain and Huckabee, but Huckabee's campaign was already dead and John McCain was a sure win so Texas didn't really have a choice. Even on the Democratic side, there was a choice of Obama and Hillary, but Hillary's campaign was already dead and Obama was a sure win.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #444 on: October 25, 2010, 05:06:05 AM »
ׁHi Rubystars

Do you know any trailer dwellers ?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #445 on: October 25, 2010, 09:13:34 AM »
Not right now, but I used to have an aunt that lived in a trailer for a while. She moved into a house later.

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #446 on: October 25, 2010, 08:15:18 PM »
Did you had an encounter with one of the 'mmm hmmm' people lately?

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #447 on: October 26, 2010, 01:57:38 AM »
Not right now, but I used to have an aunt that lived in a trailer for a while. She moved into a house later.
So do you have an idea of what it's like to live in a trailer park ?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #448 on: October 26, 2010, 01:59:18 AM »
So do you have an idea of what it's like to live in a trailer park ?

Not really. I've heard some really bad stories before. When my aunt had one she had a lot that she had it on, it wasn't really a trailer park.

There's a really high end trailer park a ways down the road from where I live and I think they have deed restrictions and everything, it doesn't look too bad.

I don't really have any knowledge of it though.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #449 on: November 17, 2010, 09:40:13 AM »
Hello Rubystars,

Do you think that either Biology or Chemistry is "feminine" science ?