Author Topic: Israeli Soldier Swap Deal Reached  (Read 5928 times)

El Cabong!

Israeli Soldier Swap Deal Reached
« on: September 05, 2006, 08:41:08 AM »
G-d bless this brave soldier and G-d bless Israel. I hope this is true and he gets home safely. And the other soldiers kidnapped I pray for their safe return also.

MANAMA (Reuters) - Israel and the Palestinians have reached an agreement to swap the Israeli soldier held hostage in Gaza with imprisoned Palestinians, Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas was quoted on Tuesday as saying.

Abbas told Bahrain's Akhbar al-Khaleej newspaper soldier Gilad Shalit would first be handed over to Egypt.

"An agreement has been reached about exchanging prisoners that is based on Egypt taking the soldier as a deposit, and after that the number of Palestinian prisoners-of-war would be announced," Abbas said in the interview.

Israeli media quoted Israeli officials as saying they "know nothing of such a breakthrough".

A senior official said on Tuesday Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert would seek a meeting with Abbas if the gunmen in the Gaza Strip released the soldier.

The gunmen abducted the soldier in a cross-border raid on June 25. Israel subsequently started a major offensive in Gaza to release him which has so far killed more than 200 Palestinians, about half of them civilians.

© Reuters 2006. All Rights Reserved.

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=topNews&storyid=2006-09-05T072205Z_01_L05370549_RTRUKOC_0_US-MIDEAST-SOLDIER-ABBAS.xml&src=rss&rpc=22

Rhuan

Re: Israeli Soldier Swap Deal Reached
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 09:47:41 AM »
What worries me here, is that they are trusting egypt... I'll elaborate if you really want me too, but in a simple sense, I wouldn't trust egypt as far as I could throw it...

El Cabong!

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 02:58:37 PM »
Uhhh... this is detestable. Making "deals" with evil people is a horrible mistake.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Rhuan

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 03:03:30 PM »
And relying on egypt... Did you know, that if you are born of muslim parents in egypt, and then are discovered to have turned from Islam the egyptian secret police torture you.

Offline NeverMore

• Senior JTFer
  • Glory to the Brave!
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 07:59:52 AM »
Uhhh... this is detestable. Making "deals" with evil people is a horrible mistake.

how do you suggest releasing Gilad if so?
to save lives i believe sometimes you need to make concessions. though i know these concessions will probably lead to more kidnaps like this one, i really dont wanna make Gilad another Ron Arad. we must have deterrence by militarily reacting to these acts, but once they have already been made, the only realistic solution is "making deals with the devil".. dont you think?

Kahane was right!

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2006, 12:24:52 PM »
Actually, the only realistic solution for long term peace is to utterly destroy them. This is the true Bible way. They'd beg for mercy using Gilad as a deal to live. Kill everyone in hamas and bomb their funerals. They also should kill everyone with blood on their hands in the Israeli prisons. This would not only stop the evil sickos for good because they'd be dead, it would also end a lot of kidnappings with the attept to release these prisoners and send a message to the rest of them.

to save lives i believe sometimes you need to make concessions. though i know these concessions will probably lead to more kidnaps like this one, i really dont wanna make Gilad another Ron Arad. we must have deterrence by militarily reacting to these acts, but once they have already been made, the only realistic solution is "making deals with the devil".. dont you think?
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline NeverMore

• Senior JTFer
  • Glory to the Brave!
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2006, 12:31:59 PM »
Actually, the only realistic solution for long term peace is to utterly destroy them. This is the true Bible way. They'd beg for mercy using Gilad as a deal to live. Kill everyone in hamas and bomb their funerals. They also should kill everyone with blood on their hands in the Israeli prisons. This would not only stop the evil sickos for good because they'd be dead, it would also end a lot of kidnappings with the attept to release these prisoners and send a message to the rest of them.

kill the terrorists, transfer the cevilians, and there you got yourself the all- Jewish state you and i so desire to have... sad that the only realistic solution to the kidnaped soldiers problem during smolmert and fellow leftists government is negotiating with these nazis to have them released ..
by the way, i dont wanna bomb anyone's funeral, hehe, sounds actually rather funny.. i just wanna leave peacefully in a fully-Jewish state.

Kahane was right!

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2006, 12:51:38 PM »
by the way, i dont wanna bomb anyone's funeral, hehe, sounds actually rather funny.. i just wanna leave peacefully in a fully-Jewish state.

Sure... I don't really want to bomb anyone... I really want peace.

But if you gotta find terrorists... those jihad funerals (where they accidentally drop their dead in the streets) is a good place to find some. Basically... if they come out in public, they are toast.

I wish the self-hating government in Israel would read that book "Don't Be Nice, Be Real: Balancing Passion for Self With Compassion for Others".