Author Topic: Fraudulent Pastor Rick Warren ADMITS He Is A Liberal  (Read 644 times)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Fraudulent Pastor Rick Warren ADMITS He Is A Liberal
« on: August 17, 2008, 03:51:30 PM »
Here we see the Obama-worshipping "minister" Rick Warren of Saddleback Church in Irvine, CA ADMITTING* on a Marxist "Christian" website (Christian Alliance for Progress) that he is indeed a leftist:

http://blog01.kintera.com/christianalliance/archives/2005/08/rick_warrens_po.html

*All bolding and italicization added by Chaimfan.

Quote from: Rick Warren
From Rick Warren:

I would echo one of the things John DiIulio said earlier, that Washington isn't that important. It's not. I'm sorry to tell you that, but it's just not. And one of the things that evangelicals have is a true view of the limitations of politics. Politics is always downstream in culture. By the time it gets to law – I'm sorry, folks – it's already in the water system.
----
There is a difference between "evangelicalism" and "fundamentalism" and "the religious right." And people use them like they are synonyms. They are not – they are very, very different. I am an evangelical. I'm not a member of the religious right and I'm not a fundamentalist.
----
The second myth is that mega-churches are politically active. In fact, you don't get to be a mega-church if you get involved in other issues. You would find that most of the churches that are politically active tend to be medium- or small-size churches. They are not the largest churches. And because they tend to get caught up in a political agenda, they don't grow to the size of others. The largest churches tend to focus on issues like the ones that we're focused on.
----
And so I began to read scripture and I came to the passage in Psalms 72 where Solomon prays for more influence. And when you read it, it sounds like a very self-centered prayer. Solomon is the wisest and wealthiest man in the world. He's the king of Israel at its apex in the United Kingdom. And he says, in Psalms 72, "I want you to make me more influential. I want you to spread my name across the nations. I want you to bless me; I want you to give me more power." It sounds like a very egotistical prayer. And yet then you read the rest of it and he says, "So that the king may support the widow and orphans, care for the oppressed, defend the defenseless, speak up for the prisoner, help the immigrant." He basically talks about all the marginalized of society.

And that was a turning point in my life two-and-a-half years ago, where God basically said to me – and I've never heard God speak audibly; it's in my mind – "The purpose of influence is to speak up for those who have no influence. The purpose of influence is to speak up for those who have no influence." And in religious terms I had to say, "God, I repent, because I can't think of the last time I thought of widows and orphans." I live in a very affluent Southern California neighborhood. There aren't any homeless people lying on the streets where I live. And I said, "I can't think of the last time I cared about the homeless."

And so I went back and I began to read scripture, and it was like blinders came off. Now, I've got three advanced degrees. I've had four years in Greek and Hebrew and I've got doctorates. And how did I miss 2,000 verses in the Bible where it talks about the poor? How did I miss that? I mean, I went to two different seminaries and a Bible school; how did I miss the 2,000 verses on the poor?
----
I believe in pluralism, and I don't think we need a God party. I really don't believe that at all. In fact, notice in my definition of evangelicals I didn't say anything about political views – I mentioned what evangelicals believe about Jesus and the Bible, but I could show you evangelicals who believe the exact opposite thing politically in my own church. Now, I'm in Orange County; what do you expect? But I'll just tell you, I am not interested in any policymaking, but as a pastor I minister to politicians on both sides of the aisle, including this last year both the president and John Kerry. Both of them.

And so, I'm not interested in trying to play policymaker; I'm trying to play pastor, which means asking questions like "How's your life doing?" In my own church I would imagine almost none of those people – maybe 15 percent – voted for Kerry.
----
A lot of political issues are really what I call heart projection. That is, in the book, I talk about how we're all wired different ways to care about different things. If we all cared about the same thing, a lot would get undone in the world. For instance, I don't know anybody who doesn't believe that the environment isn't important, but some people really care about the environment – it's like they're rabid about it. Well, fine. I think it's important to take care of the environment; it's just not my passion. Some people are really rabid about protecting the rights of the unborn. I happen to believe the rights of the unborn need to be protected, but I'm just not rabid about it. I happen to be rabid about some other things. Why? Because we're all passionate about different things.

Now, what happens is, when I force you to say you must feel as passionate as I do about this particular issue, whether you're a believer or not, then that's going to create political conflict.
----
What I worry about is the tyranny of activist judges, who completely keep throwing out what the majority says. Are we a democracy or not? Do we have a right to vote? And do my votes not count? Or can any single judge just consistently throw out what a majority of people have voted? Is this a democracy or not? I believe in a pluralistic America, and you know what? A lot of times in a pluralistic America, I lose. I lose because I don't get my way all the time. And you know what? That's okay. I'm willing to put up with the fact that I often lose in a pluralistic America because it grants me the freedom. And I believe that everybody has a right to be at the table. I think a gay person has the right to make their case and I think I have a right to make my case. And I think that in a democracy, we have a right to vote on it. I do not believe in judges who go out and find all kinds of excuses to thwart the will of the majority.
----
God called me to be a pastor, not a politician. If I believed you could change the world through politics, I'd run for government. But I don't think you ultimately change people's hearts through legislation. I think you change people's hearts through personal transformation.
----
We would not do a "Justice Sunday." Why? Because I have to shepherd everybody. I have a church full of both Republicans and Democrats. And you know what, I love them all. And I don't care how they vote; I still love them. And that's my job – I'm not a politician, I'm a pastor.
----
I happen to agree with the liberals on many of their goals. I just happen to disagree with their solutions. For instance, I agree with a lot of the goals that liberals have for justice and for poverty; I just happen to believe that the answer is the church, not the government. I think that throwing money after it in the government fashion has proven ineffective.
Yimach schmo to this loser.  >:(

Chaimfan

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
Re: Fraudulent Pastor Rick Warren ADMITS He Is A Liberal
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 04:02:18 PM »
I'm not surprised.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2