Author Topic: How important is going to Temple to you?  (Read 22119 times)

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
How important is going to Temple to you?
« on: August 17, 2008, 05:53:52 PM »
For me it's just a matter of finally a church that I can become content with.  Too many churches today, at least from my experiences, have become nothing more than a type of club where the emphasis is on how much money they can raise, how many members they can get, with little being put into a strong message about G-d. 
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 08:10:59 PM by takebackourtemple »

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
Re: How important is going to Church to you?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 05:59:20 PM »
  Its not important at all...lol   :D Well, I use to go to church (s) but they tried to forceful indoctrinate me, I just like the harp that was playing. How come they dont leave you alone? I was with my friend, and they were trying to pray some devil out of me. I got really pissed, b/c the guy (the prayer man, whoever that was) he looked at me, and said: DEVIL?  I said: WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT?? I am NOT DEVIL, I am Paulette Anne!! And I stormed out.  So, so much for that. :o  :o :o
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 06:01:04 PM »
  Church for me is WAY too important! It makes me feel save and I go to church whenever I feel the need to go and pray!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 06:06:53 PM by Jasmina »
The whole system works because everyone is not mentally ill on the same day!!!!

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 07:38:19 PM »
I would say not at all. Never went to one, and not planning to.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 07:45:28 PM »
I dont go

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2008, 08:02:34 PM »
I would say not at all. Never went to one, and not planning to.

I dont think this topic is directed at the jewish members because if it was it would say shul

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2008, 08:04:18 PM »
You have to find the right church/temple with the right pastor/rabbi. I love my church, we are very active. I am a trustee, on the board, head of security, do layout of brochures & cards, and build the multi-media presentations every week. My wife is in the choir and leads the 3 children's choirs that we have.

I also have a full time job which requires 60-70 hours per week. But church is that important to me. I will do what is asked of me even if I have to cut into my sleep time. I support our church with our time and financially.

God has given me so much and He asks for so little. I never new joy and the peace of contentment till I made God an integral part of my life.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 08:07:06 PM by Shamgar »
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
Re: How important is going to Temple to you?
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2008, 08:11:40 PM »
I changed the subject to Temple to include everyone.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2008, 08:13:54 PM »
I changed the subject to Temple to include everyone.

How is that for everyone I don't go to temple couldn't you have Church/Shul

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2008, 08:32:42 PM »
How about "building/gathering place for all about God"
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline firster555

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2008, 08:36:27 PM »
Shamgar, I do envy you.
I was also very active in my church, Catholic church. Both my kids attended the Catholic school and one just graduated from Catholic high school(even if I was not Catholic I could not trust the public schools here). Anyway, at my church I was also very active, ran the youth sports program, Cub Scout program, was a church usher, used to be a lectern, volunteered numerous hours for school and parish events. Through all this I got much closer to the spiritual leaders of the church, the ones standing on altars in robes telling us all how sinful WE are. Problem is when I got to know these people on a more personal level I also got to know how deep their hypocrisy was. I know they are only human and make mistakes but this was not a matter of a mistake here and a mistake there, it was CHARACTER which I found questionable.
When parents are busting their butts to keep the school running get told that not only will tuition rise but services will be cut because the parish is having financial difficulties but a huge new statue of the pope is built in front of the church, I have issues with that.
When we are told that they want to cut certain youth programs because they do not THINK that these youth are going to church though we practically had to beg certian priests just to show their face at some events of these youth, I had issues with that.
When things get done behind people's backs just because they are not in the inner inner circle, no matter who else gets hurt by the trickle down effects, I have issues with that.
I could go on with many many examples but I was just turned off by the thought that hypocrites were preaching to me about salvation.
I have not been involved for a few years now, and yes, maybe it was just this particular church, but the experiences soured me on not my faith as a Christian, that I still have and have in the way I believe is right, but on man made religious mandates. Not saying I am right or wrong, just stating my experience and opinion.
Maybe this is what is meant by your body is a temple, it is not a building, it is in you.
For those of you who do attend church, temple, etc. I am happy for you. As for me, maybe I just became jaded with age, not sure.
One thing for certian though, you will never see me in a mosque, unless it is for demolition purposes.
In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man. Brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2008, 08:57:37 PM »
Firster, I can appreciate where you are coming from. I won't knock or promote one Christian denomination over another but noone in my church has ever called me a sinner or anyone else. We don't do that. We teach from the Bible on how we should strive to live in a more Godly manner and follow his commandments. Never would someone, especially the pastor, call out someone for a sin they committed. We support them and lead by example. We have fornicators, ex-criminals, a 16 year old girl who is pregnant, and members that have had battles with alcohol and drugs.

I think there are problems when a church becomes a business instead of a place of worship. We are a non-aligned independant Baptist denomination. Our pastor is the head of the church, he makes the decisions, and answers to God, not some committee in some remote metropolis that you pay hefty dues to.

Our church is small by most standards. We have about 700 members and typically about 400 average at worship service. I am very proud of our facility, it just appraised for over 6 million dollars. We have a beautiful state of the art media system, wonderful classrooms, nurseries choir rooms and other facilities. We have 3 gospel quartets and blessed with 2 solo singers that sing professionally. Our membership built that church. No one was forced to give to the building funds, people just gave when it was needed. Some gave money, others are business owners and craftsmen and gave of thier time, materials and skills.

Keep looking when you find the right church, you will know it and it will be a blessing. Firster, I will keep you in my prayers. God bless you.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2008, 08:58:55 PM »
I had a teacher call me the devil at the church I used to go to.

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2008, 09:13:42 PM »

Yep, I can understand that...    :::D

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2008, 09:25:39 PM »

Hey Hey Hey ;D

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2008, 09:30:14 PM »

Hey Hey Hey ;D

Where are the Catholics when you need them? A little holy water splattered on you and a couple phrases from the Exorcist couldn't hurt.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2008, 09:33:17 PM »

Hey Hey Hey ;D

Where are the Catholics when you need them? A little holy water splattered on you and a couple phrases from the Exorcist couldn't hurt.
I am Catholic
Peace be with you ;D

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2008, 09:35:23 PM »

Hey Hey Hey ;D

I am Catholic
Peace be with you ;D

Well then Go and Sin no more.

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2008, 09:35:52 PM »

Sometimes I just crack myself up.

Hey Hey Hey ;D

I am Catholic
Peace be with you ;D

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2008, 09:36:45 PM »

Hey Hey Hey ;D

I am Catholic
Peace be with you ;D

To hard :::D

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2008, 09:37:41 PM »

Hey Hey Hey ;D

I am Catholic
Peace be with you ;D

Need the email or phone number of your priest.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2008, 09:39:32 PM »

Hey Hey Hey ;D

I am Catholic
Peace be with you ;D

Need the email or phone number of your priest.

NO

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2008, 09:40:35 PM »
Hey do you guys really have the Ark hidden away under the Vatican??   ???

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2008, 09:41:01 PM »

NO NO NO

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2008, 09:41:59 PM »

NO NO NO

It's on Mount ararat