Author Topic: I think I met a girl, but.....  (Read 29179 times)

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: I think I met a girl, but.....
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2008, 02:26:58 PM »

It's over with her, I'm looking for my next female failure...

a better attitude is your next conquest ;-)

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2008, 05:20:16 PM »

I have the absolute worst luck with women.. there's only so much I can handle before I become a Scrooge.

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2008, 07:40:18 PM »

I have the absolute worst luck with women.. there's only so much I can handle before I become a Scrooge.

I think you shouldn't say this.

I am 31 and not married and Chaim is over 50 and not married.

You are younger and I am shure, that we all three will find our soulmate.

:)

P.S. I like Charles Dickens. I have his works in a beautifull old edition partly illustrated by Phiz in a very big format.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Cato

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2008, 02:56:50 PM »
Vito, are you Italian? Did you watch the Godfather series? You must approach your car with her, open the passenger door to let her in, close it behind her, and wait to see if she leans over and opens your door. If she doesn't, ditch her. Best advice I've ever seen.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2008, 04:21:00 PM »
Vito, are you Italian? Did you watch the Godfather series? You must approach your car with her, open the passenger door to let her in, close it behind her, and wait to see if she leans over and opens your door. If she doesn't, ditch her. Best advice I've ever seen.

interesting, I heard it in the film "A Bronx Tale"

--Added--
Infact, (next page) Vito said.. it was not in the Godfather series. So, only in A Bronx Tale.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 07:16:56 PM by q_q_ »

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2008, 04:24:37 PM »
Well Vito, you're young, smart, polite and attractive.  Don't ever feel like you have to settle.  After all, you can't anyone. 

Thanks Lisa. It's just that I've always had problems.. so there comes a breaking point where I feel like if I think I found the one, I should stick with her. But I haven't met enough to know that for sure.

Btw, I spoke to her tonight and literally just asked her if she hates Jews.. she said "NO! I just don't agree with them religiously, some of the nicest people I've ever met were Jewish". So it doesn't sound like she's anti-semitic..

Marriage can be sweet or difficult. Don't rush into it. If a woman loves G-d, Tanach  or New Testament, then she has to love the Jewish people. A G-d fearing woman must love Israel because G-d loves Israel. So, in my opinion, be very, very careful. So far, it doesn't sound good.

That's the wrong attitude Vito.  You have everything going for you.  Except that attitude.  Throw that right out the window.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2008, 04:25:48 PM »
Yeah,  That sounds like a great way to pick a mate.  ???

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2008, 04:34:54 PM »
Yeah,  That sounds like a great way to pick a mate.  ???

I don't like that rule much either.

If she does lean over and open it, then great.

if she doesn't then it's a bad reason for getting rid of her! Maybe she just didn't think of it because she had something really important on her mind. Or was worried or something.. It's a petty thing to look for.

One really needs to be able to SEE and perceive if another person is good/decent/nice or not..  One shouldn't need silly rules to figure it out.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2008, 04:37:05 PM »
I agree q_q_.  There is more to the heart and soul of a person...then if they lean over and open a car door or not.

Offline momofsixbabes

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2008, 02:31:38 PM »
I always prayed for a "Boaz". Boaz was such a romantic!!! What an amazing man whom any girl would fall for, regardless of age. The fact that he showed his character to be so compassionate and loving, is so romantic.  I also like the book of Solomon. That, too, is sooo romantic. A man holding back a passionate woman because he respected her. He treats her like a precious creation of God and not some object of fleshly desires. I think men can glean so much from both of those books to sweep any girl off her feet.

My husband told me that he watched me for a long time from the second story in the church balcony as he prayed that God would give me to him as a wife. I found this out on our honeymoon. When I asked him why he would want me, he replied that he saw my demonstration of love for God above. It was funny because I had told God that I didn't want to get my heart broken in dating so I planeed my route of escape, to get away from any young men who had the doors watched for the young girls. I was in a midrun past him when I heard the voice of God yell, "Stop!!". I had never heard God audibly before. However, I froze in a midrun. God then told me to let him ask me out and that he was the one. My husband told me on our honeymoon that he told God it was his last attempt to ask me out (I avoided all the young men). I guess I say all of this to encourage you to pursue God and he will lead you to a wonderful wife just like he found for Isaac, Rebecca.

As a wife of sixteen years, I encourage you to focus on being a Boaz. I encourage you to seek God for your wife as Abraham did for Isaac. God has a wonderful woman for you. Seek him first. Marriage is not about marrying someone to meet your needs. It is about marrying someone who wants to sacrifice their lives to give to another one in a selfless way. Marriage is not without work and sacrifice. Don't get any ideas from Hollywood. True love is found by dying to ones self (the sinful flesh). I am trying to do this every day. I hate my flesh. I desire to serve God in a way that is pleasing to him. That means I must serve God first and my husband second. However, the bible (NT) says that a man is to be willing to die for his wife (his flesh, self serving ways and attitudes) as Jesus Christ died for the church.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2008, 06:27:17 PM »
I always prayed for a "Boaz". Boaz was such a romantic!!! What an amazing man whom any girl would fall for, regardless of age. The fact that he showed his character to be so compassionate and loving, is so romantic.  I also like the book of Solomon. That, too, is sooo romantic. A man holding back a passionate woman because he respected her. He treats her like a precious creation of G-d and not some object of fleshly desires. I think men can glean so much from both of those books to sweep any girl off her feet.

My husband told me that he watched me for a long time from the second story in the church balcony as he prayed that G-d would give me to him as a wife. I found this out on our honeymoon. When I asked him why he would want me, he replied that he saw my demonstration of love for G-d above. It was funny because I had told G-d that I didn't want to get my heart broken in dating so I planeed my route of escape, to get away from any young men who had the doors watched for the young girls. I was in a midrun past him when I heard the voice of G-d yell, "Stop!!". I had never heard G-d audibly before. However, I froze in a midrun. G-d then told me to let him ask me out and that he was the one. My husband told me on our honeymoon that he told G-d it was his last attempt to ask me out (I avoided all the young men). I guess I say all of this to encourage you to pursue G-d and he will lead you to a wonderful wife just like he found for Isaac, Rebecca.

As a wife of sixteen years, I encourage you to focus on being a Boaz. I encourage you to seek G-d for your wife as Abraham did for Isaac. G-d has a wonderful woman for you. Seek him first. Marriage is not about marrying someone to meet your needs. It is about marrying someone who wants to sacrifice their lives to give to another one in a selfless way. Marriage is not without work and sacrifice. Don't get any ideas from Hollywood. True love is found by dying to ones self (the sinful flesh). I am trying to do this every day. I hate my flesh. I desire to serve G-d in a way that is pleasing to him. That means I must serve G-d first and my husband second. However, the bible (NT) says that a man is to be willing to die for his wife (his flesh, self serving ways and attitudes) as Jesus Christ died for the church.

I like your approach.. that whole biblical romance sounds great, but this is the 21st century and I live in one of the most psychotically left wing, Sodom&Gomorrah type cities in the world - finding that is slim to none. What am I suppose to do? Move to some random place out west and HOPE to find a girl?

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to settle for just anything, but I have to think realistically.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2008, 06:28:35 PM »

That's the wrong attitude Vito.  You have everything going for you.  Except that attitude.  Throw that right out the window.

I know I know.. but this is really getting to me.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2008, 06:29:42 PM »

That would be "A Bronx Tale" carreg..

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2008, 07:29:24 PM »
Vito, you're an attractive, smart young man with a good heart.  Don't give up.

Offline momofsixbabes

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2008, 09:14:43 PM »
I always prayed for a "Boaz". Boaz was such a romantic!!! What an amazing man whom any girl would fall for, regardless of age. The fact that he showed his character to be so compassionate and loving, is so romantic.  I also like the book of Solomon. That, too, is sooo romantic. A man holding back a passionate woman because he respected her. He treats her like a precious creation of G-d and not some object of fleshly desires. I think men can glean so much from both of those books to sweep any girl off her feet.

My husband told me that he watched me for a long time from the second story in the church balcony as he prayed that G-d would give me to him as a wife. I found this out on our honeymoon. When I asked him why he would want me, he replied that he saw my demonstration of love for G-d above. It was funny because I had told G-d that I didn't want to get my heart broken in dating so I planeed my route of escape, to get away from any young men who had the doors watched for the young girls. I was in a midrun past him when I heard the voice of G-d yell, "Stop!!". I had never heard G-d audibly before. However, I froze in a midrun. G-d then told me to let him ask me out and that he was the one. My husband told me on our honeymoon that he told G-d it was his last attempt to ask me out (I avoided all the young men). I guess I say all of this to encourage you to pursue G-d and he will lead you to a wonderful wife just like he found for Isaac, Rebecca.

As a wife of sixteen years, I encourage you to focus on being a Boaz. I encourage you to seek G-d for your wife as Abraham did for Isaac. G-d has a wonderful woman for you. Seek him first. Marriage is not about marrying someone to meet your needs. It is about marrying someone who wants to sacrifice their lives to give to another one in a selfless way. Marriage is not without work and sacrifice. Don't get any ideas from Hollywood. True love is found by dying to ones self (the sinful flesh). I am trying to do this every day. I hate my flesh. I desire to serve G-d in a way that is pleasing to him. That means I must serve G-d first and my husband second. However, the bible (NT) says that a man is to be willing to die for his wife (his flesh, self serving ways and attitudes) as Jesus Christ died for the church.

I like your approach.. that whole biblical romance sounds great, but this is the 21st century and I live in one of the most psychotically left wing, Sodom&Gomorrah type cities in the world - finding that is slim to none. What am I suppose to do? Move to some random place out west and HOPE to find a girl?

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to settle for just anything, but I have to think realistically.

He,he...I live right in the middle of Sodom and America (?) too. I really understand. I prayed for a couple of years for a husband with all the qualities of a good heart and love for God. Then, on a normal day of driving past a particular church, after leaving work, I distinctly heard the voice of God tell me to go to that church to meet my husband. It was the second week of August. But, with having lost more weight than was healthy (bony thin at a hundred and three pounds), I asked God if he would please bring that man to my church (of five thousand plus) because I had already been losing so much weight because of stress. Almost a full year went by. I then met my husband in the Spring of the next year. While on our honeymoon, my husband told me he used to go to this church called, "Zion". I was shocked. I asked him where it was located. Sure enough it was right next to where I worked, the same church. I told him, "Don't tell me that you left the second week of August". He said, "How did you know?" I then asked him why he left his church. He told me that he had prayed and sought God for a wife. He said that God told him that his wife would walk through the doors of his church. He said that he waited. When it didn't happen, he asked God what to do. God told him to go to a different church (the one on Central Ave....my church). He said he sought God about a wife. Then he saw me and watched me for almost a year. Then he started praying for me to be his wife. Now that is only part of the story, but God can find you a wife even in your liberal city. It is all about surrendering everything to him and serving him with all your heart, obeying His word and loving Him....Remember that God parted the Red Sea. He is still doing those miracles today.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2008, 09:27:55 PM »

I know I know.. but this is really getting to me.
Vito - Don't let it get to you.
That works against you.  Those feelings.
You will meet the right person.