Author Topic: California is at it again  (Read 3175 times)

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
California is at it again
« on: August 20, 2008, 08:03:52 AM »
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/08/20/quiet.cars.ap/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

Instead of taking action to have more green cars manufactured or taking action to handle to energy crisis, they are doing stupid things to make them more expensive and difficult to manufacture.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
Re: California is at it again
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 09:03:39 AM »
It' s so sad what has happened to California.  There was a time when so may people looked to it as a paradise full of fun and sun.  And then the pawn scum rose to power and turned it into a left wing hell.

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 01:53:27 PM »
Actually this makes a lot of sense! I support this initiative. "Inaudible" cars are a danger to visually impaired people and children alike.
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 02:51:47 PM »
This is absurd.

1: Children should not be permitted to roam the streets without supervision!!!

2: Visually-impaired persons won't be able to react in time if a 60-mph car is racing at them, sound or no sound.

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 03:28:20 PM »
This is absurd.

1: Children should not be permitted to roam the streets without supervision!!!

2: Visually-impaired persons won't be able to react in time if a 60-mph car is racing at them, sound or no sound.

This is not absurd. Children do run, sometimes on the street, for example when they play ball. Or, remember, the video on the youtube when a kid was kicked by a black dancer. Secondly, I was talking a to a blind person who was hit, on a parking lot by a Prius, and was hospitalized. The woman in Prius did not pay attention and was looking for a parking space while he was walking out from the store. BTW, at 60 miles/hour, Prius is running on its gas engine and IS very audible. It is when hybrids are under 10 miles, they run on their batteries and are virtually inaudible on the street. Heck, when riding a bike, I almost had a collision with a Prius right near my house. So, yes, I support this initiative - it makes sense and it is not going to make cars that much more expensive. One life saved is worth it.
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 03:33:16 PM »
California:

Gay Marriage
San Francisco
Compton

California is the ultimate form of immorality.  >:(
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2008, 03:48:20 PM »
California:

Gay Marriage
San Francisco
Compton

California is the ultimate form of immorality.  >:(

Hey!

I live in CA and I love it. It is not the 'ultimate' evil. But politically it is pretty bad. I do not pray for the destruction of San Francisco because I know some righteous people who live there...

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2008, 04:02:09 PM »
This is not absurd. Children do run, sometimes on the street, for example when they play ball. Or, remember, the video on the youtube when a kid was kicked by a black dancer. Secondly, I was talking a to a blind person who was hit, on a parking lot by a Prius, and was hospitalized. The woman in Prius did not pay attention and was looking for a parking space while he was walking out from the store. BTW, at 60 miles/hour, Prius is running on its gas engine and IS very audible. It is when hybrids are under 10 miles, they run on their batteries and are virtually inaudible on the street. Heck, when riding a bike, I almost had a collision with a Prius right near my house. So, yes, I support this initiative - it makes sense and it is not going to make cars that much more expensive. One life saved is worth it.
We can't have a "nanny state" that protects us from everything. It's silly. Children should not be allowed to play outdoors, especially along streets, unsupervised--period. Anybody who seriously disagrees is not fit to be a parent. It is not the fault of motorists if an unsupervised child suddenly darts out into the street because his lazy welfare (or double-income, socially-climbing workaholic yuppie) "parents" aren't watching him or her. As for the visually disabled, there is always a chance of a collision--"silent car" or not. It's just one of the tragic facts of being blind. A blind person won't be able to tell if a vicious dog is sneaking up on them, or a mugger is, either. While this is tragic, there is nothing that the state can do to fix this (and btw, most modern conventional gasoline-engine cars are quite silent too at low speeds), and it is unfair to pass the costs on to consumers for what is really a microscopic issue (much like the number of people who become infected with AIDS through no fault of their own).

Compare the number of blind people hit by cars because they could not hear them with the number of Californians who are attacked each year by cucarachas and schvartzes. I'd like for the state to show as much concern for the bigger problem as the lesser.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2008, 04:29:13 PM »
Hello,

I dont know what this is about. I think it would be wise to make cars make a certain amount of noise. I will explain the Torah basis for my reasoning.

There is a mitzvah in the Torah which commands a home owner to build a fence around the edges of the roof, a parapet [ http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=define%3Aparapet&btnG=Google+Search ]. The reason for this mitzvah is so that a person should not shed blood, even by accident, a person who should be walking on his roof. See quote:

http://www.ou.org/torah/ti/5758/kitetze58.htm
 Two mitzvos in Ki Seitzei can also be understood in this manner. The requirement to build a maakeh, a porch or parapet, around a flat roof so that "you should not cause bloodshed in your home," lest someone fall off, would appear to be a mitzvah bein adam lachaveiro.

Yet, in putting up a maakeh, one recites a blessing, and the Rambam indicates that one does not make a blessing on any mitzvah that is bein adam lachaveiro. This would suggest that a maakeh is not exclusively in this category.

This may be because once the roof is complete, even before people are actually able to go up on it, the Torah commands that a maakeh be erected. It would be insufficient to simply prevent anyone from going on the roof. The requirement of a maakeh is not just to protect people; it fulfills a Divine imperative, which sensitizes us even further.

In my opinion it should be a mitzvah to require cars to make a certain amount of noise so that the blind and those not wise enough should not be killed. It is also a mitzvah to 'not place a stumbling block before the blind'.

This is my opinion... Consult a rabbi for actual halacha...

muman613

« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 04:30:52 PM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2008, 05:30:03 PM »
I do not pray for the destruction of San Francisco because I know some righteous people who live there..
Like Lot they should move before the place gets torched by God.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2008, 07:15:01 PM »
If my legislature cares so much about the blind, they should spend some money on research on vision loss for a change, instead of tens of billions to cure AIDS for faggots, buy houses for wetbacks, six-figure incomes for communist "teachers" and school admins, etc.

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2008, 09:18:22 PM »
Maybe cars should be required to play Mr. Softy music when they drive.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2008, 09:42:26 PM »
Well CF, I see what you are saying but coulda/shoulda are irrelevant when ti comes to saving childrens's lives. I am very far from being a fan of  the nanny state, but I am a proponent  of responsible governances in the interests of children and infrm. So, I disagree with you.
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2008, 10:57:45 PM »
I believe one day the people of California will step up and vote out the crooked libs who have hampered this state in so many ways.  It's just that none of the will speak English.

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2008, 11:00:07 PM »
This is a double standard because California is claiming to be environmentally conscious, yet they are doing what they can to hinder the technology because it mean they will make less gas revenue. Nancy Pelosi blames the Bush administration for the high gas prices, yet her state has amount the highest gas prices in the country.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2008, 11:19:03 PM »
It' s so sad what has happened to California.  There was a time when so may people looked to it as a paradise full of fun and sun.  And then the pawn scum rose to power and turned it into a left wing hell.

California is a GIANT WEB and I am a tiny fly stuck in the middle: help meee...help meeeeee...help meeeeeeee...help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2008, 11:50:23 PM »
Well CF, I see what you are saying but coulda/shoulda are irrelevant when ti comes to saving childrens's lives. I am very far from being a fan of  the nanny state, but I am a proponent  of responsible governances in the interests of children and infrm. So, I disagree with you.
Have you ever driven down a California street? Most of the kids who dash around are those with oh-so Family Values-oriented, upright, noble cucaracha and schvartze parents--you know, the wonderful mommies and daddies who let their kids pretty much raise themselves from age three on while they're on their back on the living room floor, in a pile of WIC receipts, giving Junior a new half-brother or sister (or six) with a new partner. It's not the job of the State of California to save these poor kids from their less-than-subhuman "parents". If I were in power, these creatures would be deported to their nation of origin anyway.

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2008, 12:20:19 AM »
Have you ever driven down a California street? Most of the kids who dash around are those with oh-so Family Values-oriented, upright, noble cucaracha and schvartze parents--you know, the wonderful mommies and daddies who let their kids pretty much raise themselves from age three on while they're on their back on the living room floor, in a pile of WIC receipts, giving Junior a new half-brother or sister (or six) with a new partner. It's not the job of the State of California to save these poor kids from their less-than-subhuman "parents". If I were in power, these creatures would be deported to their nation of origin anyway.

;D, yep I did. I lived in the Bay Area until very recently, just moved back to Canada.
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2008, 01:35:00 AM »
Hey,

Im not so unhappy here. I love my house and my area. Even though it is on hard times I still see so much good. My hispanic neighbors love their children and I dont wish them any harm. I lived in Los Angeles before and I love it in the Bay Area. So much beauty and the weather CANNOT be beat.

muman613

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2008, 01:44:17 AM »
I am in Cali too and agree with you for the most part, except that the nice weather is only about 20 miles within the coast, and more like ten. There is no other place on the planet that is more diverse and has more stuff to do and get involved in, and this almost outweighs all of our cucaracha and black problems. Still, we live in a fascist dictatorship.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2008, 02:35:23 AM »
I am in Cali too and agree with you for the most part, except that the nice weather is only about 20 miles within the coast, and more like ten. There is no other place on the planet that is more diverse and has more stuff to do and get involved in, and this almost outweighs all of our cucaracha and black problems. Still, we live in a fascist dictatorship.

Yes, I will agree that our leadership sucks and I will do what I can to help it in the right direction. It is so hard considering the Demoncratic majority here. It is tough to think my vote is basically thrown away.

These will be some tough years for the conservatives... But I have hope that we will prevail.

muman613

PS: Ive always lived within miles from the water, both in LA and in NorCal.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2008, 10:07:29 AM »

Hi C F ....yes we live in a dictatorship practically. We do have the beaches, mountains, national parks and amusement parks most within 30 to 45 minutes away from where I live. Los Angeles is only 45 mins by freeway. California is wonderful despite the numerous outrageous laws made by Libs. We have to take the good with the bad.

Shalom from Dox      :)

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2008, 10:22:40 AM »
True, true... and in all truth, it's the white country-club libs who are a bigger problem than the schvartzes and cucarachas, at least politically. Anytime you have rapidly-increasing white incomes, you get more and more leftism. The most conservative parts of the country are in the Midwest and South where whites are still largely doing manual-labor and lower-end professional jobs. As they climb the ladder, red states turn blue; a case in point is Pennsylvania, which is currently in the middle of turning from a poor mining and steel-based state into a modern New England Gomorrah like Massachusetts or Connecticut.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2008, 03:25:45 AM »
A gay marriage was recently performed for a talk-show host.