Author Topic: Haredim: no Jew to ascend the Har Habayis  (Read 1178 times)

Offline Mifletzet

• Senior JTFer
Haredim: no Jew to ascend the Har Habayis
« on: August 24, 2008, 11:38:10 AM »
What would be R.Kahane's take on most Haredi rabbis wanting a full ban on entry to the Har Habayis?!
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1014524.html

Offline Mifletzet

• Senior JTFer
Re: Haredim: no Jew to ascend the Har Habayis
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 05:14:34 PM »
Is it correct that R.Kahane never ascended or attempted to ascend to the Har Habayis?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 05:22:36 PM »
Shalom,

I think we should respect the ban on the mount because it will hasten the coming of Moshiach. When we rebuild the temple and re-establish the Holy of Holies, then we will be able to rejoice.

muman613

PS: There is much written about why we should not go there until we know where the HoH is...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 06:28:47 PM »
I think Chaim addressed it in one of Ask JTFs. He is not against the Jews ascending the Temple Mount.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 06:31:28 PM »
Chaim says there are certain parts of the Mount people shouldn't enter, but that there are parts that are definitely permissible to visit.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 11:06:26 PM »
Shalom,

I think we should respect the ban on the mount because it will hasten the coming of Moshiach. When we rebuild the temple and re-establish the Holy of Holies, then we will be able to rejoice.

muman613

PS: There is much written about why we should not go there until we know where the HoH is...

The Temple Institute now knows which areas are completely off limits and which areas are completely safe to go to.  This issue is completely politicized and it is simply NOT TRUE that we don't know where it is permitted to step and where it isn't.    That's why if you notice, this recent proclamation cited here doesn't even claim that anymore.   Now it says something even more of a stretch.  ( I am guarding my tongue here.  These are highly respected gedolim.  But we must be honest).   -   Here they claim something like we know where one can go and can't go, but even going in the permitted spots will somehow lead to accidentally going to the off-limits parts and desecrating it/oneself..... This is a stretch.    With all due respect to the rabbis, I don't buy this.    The issue is politicized.