Author Topic: Own any pets?  (Read 6184 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Own any pets?
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2008, 01:04:35 AM »
I have 1 cat but I would like a dog

I am so happy I have cats and not dogs... When I was a kid I had a beagle and it required very much attention, care, doctors and clean-up. Cats are very intelligent, clean, take care of themselves, are self reliant, dont need constant attention, are affectionate when it is convenient, they dont hold a grudge {well some do}. Ive had cats for 20 years and they can take care of themselves outside. I let several of the cats stay in the yard where they sleep under bushes or on the roof. I just put a big dish of water and a dish of food in the backyard and they are happy.

muman613

Yes I know but I have always wanted a dog

That is good... I hope you find a very good dog :)

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2008, 01:06:07 AM »

I am so happy I have cats and not dogs... When I was a kid I had a beagle and it required very much attention, care, doctors and clean-up. Cats are very intelligent, clean, take care of themselves, are self reliant, dont need constant attention, are affectionate when it is convenient, they dont hold a grudge {well some do}. Ive had cats for 20 years and they can take care of themselves outside. I let several of the cats stay in the yard where they sleep under bushes or on the roof. I just put a big dish of water and a dish of food in the backyard and they are happy.

muman613

muman613

Thank you but my Landlord does not allow dogs but he allows people to have cats

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2008, 01:10:16 AM »

muman613

muman613

AmericanHero,

Do you plan to rent your whole life? I bought a house when I was 27 {with my wife}. Now I have a better house. I always thought that was the American dream. I realize that we are currently in a real estate finance problem, but I just refinanced my house and am saving money each month {and paid down on the car}. I have faith, that if we prevail against Obama, that the economy has a chance of returning to the way it was in the 90s {when I bought my house}.

When you have your own house you can own any pet you want. You can keep cars {and vans} in your garage. There is a lot of independence when you own your own home. It is preferable to renting...

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2008, 01:12:04 AM »

muman613

muman613

AmericanHero,

Do you plan to rent your whole life? I bought a house when I was 27 {with my wife}. Now I have a better house. I always thought that was the American dream. I realize that we are currently in a real estate finance problem, but I just refinanced my house and am saving money each month {and paid down on the car}. I have faith, that if we prevail against Obama, that the economy has a chance of returning to the way it was in the 90s {when I bought my house}.

When you have your own house you can own any pet you want. You can keep cars {and vans} in your garage. There is a lot of independence when you own your own home. It is preferable to renting...

muman613

I am only 20 and I do own a house but not in this country just not here yet

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2008, 01:13:22 AM »
Ahhh... There is hope ! :)

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2008, 01:14:54 AM »
Ahhh... There is hope ! :)

Yes HOPE just not Obamas HOPE

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2008, 01:25:22 AM »

What's wrong with your cat?

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2008, 01:26:37 AM »

muman613

Also, cats treat everyone the same.

Dogs kiss the owner's tuchis.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2008, 01:27:17 AM »

Nothing but I would like a Dog as well

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2008, 01:43:55 AM »

If you do decide to get a dog, I hope you would consider adopting one from the pound to save it's life.

Shalom from Dox     :)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2008, 01:58:48 AM »

muman613

Also, cats treat everyone the same.

Dogs kiss the owner's tuchis.

Scraibin,

You must not know my cats. My cats are very particular about whom they allow to get close and hold them. I have three cats which love to sit on my lap, sleep on me, follow me around the yard, come when I call. Then there are other cats which will not come at all. Only one of my cats really likes my roommate.

My cats dont treat everyone the same. I should make some more videos of my cat pepper, she is such a good cat.

muman613

PS: This argument is completely subjective. I love cats so much there is nothing which will sway me. I also like dogs but as I said before they require so much attention, walking, cleaning, etc...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2008, 02:34:39 AM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2008, 03:06:05 AM »

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2008, 07:01:56 AM »
I have none, but I plan somewhen to buy a dog in order to protect my stock and property.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2008, 11:38:02 AM »

If you do decide to get a dog, I hope you would consider adopting one from the pound to save it's life.

I might I just dont know what dog to choose

Online Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2008, 11:44:57 AM »
Eva, the most beautiful lovely ferret in the world. My sister's friend named her and later on I adopted Eva from my sister. Her full name is Princess Eva. :)

That's interesting. Is she house-trained ? can you walk with her tied to a leash ?

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2008, 06:43:06 PM »

I like the Siberian Huskys blue eyes.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2008, 06:45:32 PM »

I like the Siberian Huskys blue eyes.

Me too

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2008, 07:12:12 PM »

I got a dog from the pounds 5 years ago, I asked what kind of dog it was and they told me it was a Jack Russel Terrier. If you have kids and other pets, DO NOT GET A JACK RUSSEL TERRIER! I have to keep her seperate from the Doxie and the cat. Jack Russel terriers are agressive and over active. My JRT has no interest in the turtle and bigger dog Buster, she knows he could kill her in one bite. Doxies are great, they are comical in addition to being loyal. The best dogs in the world I do believe are Labs. Even though I don't have one now....I suggest a Lab, black or golden, they do well with families and other pets.
I hope you get a dog someday and that it will have many happy years with you and your family.

Shalom from Dox
P.S. sorry this reply was a few days late.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2008, 07:34:51 PM »
I am the proud owner of two of the loveliest kitties in the world. They are littermates who turned 4 in July. They're names are Cha Chi and Sashi.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2008, 07:35:44 PM »
I am the proud owner of two of the loveliest kitties in the world. They are littermates who turned 4 in July. They're names are Cha Chi and Sashi.
Happy late Birthday to them :)

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2008, 07:41:13 PM »

I got a dog from the pounds 5 years ago, I asked what kind of dog it was and they told me it was a Jack Russel Terrier. If you have kids and other pets, DO NOT GET A JACK RUSSEL TERRIER! I have to keep her seperate from the Doxie and the cat. Jack Russel terriers are agressive and over active. My JRT has no interest in the turtle and bigger dog Buster, she knows he could kill her in one bite. Doxies are great, they are comical in addition to being loyal. The best dogs in the world I do believe are Labs. Even though I don't have one now....I suggest a Lab, black or golden, they do well with families and other pets.
I hope you get a dog someday and that it will have many happy years with you and your family.

Shalom from Dox
P.S. sorry this reply was a few days late.

Who knows maybe I will get all three

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2008, 01:16:02 AM »
Don't get a pit bull, it will seem nice and may be very loyal to you but one day it could turn on you in an instant. Go with the Shepherd or Husky.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2008, 01:22:22 AM »
Don't get a pit bull, it will seem nice and may be very loyal to you but one day it could turn on you in an instant. Go with the Shepherd or Husky.

My uncle had one and it was a great dog
It depends on what sex the dog is

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2008, 01:23:26 AM »

My uncle had one and it was a great dog
It depends on what sex the dog is

Are males or females better? I imagine getting the dogs spayed or neutered could also make a difference.