Author Topic: Ask MUMAN613! almost live!  (Read 179653 times)

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
Re: Ask MUMAN613! almost live!
« Reply #175 on: October 09, 2010, 06:17:26 PM »
how do you pronounce your screen name?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #176 on: October 09, 2010, 10:03:20 PM »
how do you pronounce your screen name?

Moo-Man 613

Or it could be

Mew-Man 613

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #177 on: October 19, 2010, 08:48:55 AM »

What's the square root of pi to the 30th digit?

What's the circumference of the Bermuda Triangle?

What's the square root of the circumference of you head at your temple?

How many milimeters does a stop sign measure?

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #178 on: October 20, 2010, 07:29:56 AM »

You know, you really read into things too much.
Loosen up.
There's only so much that can be communicated through text.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #179 on: October 20, 2010, 01:15:28 PM »

What's the square root of pi to the 30th digit?

What's the circumference of the Bermuda Triangle?

What's the square root of the circumference of you head at your temple?

How many milimeters does a stop sign measure?

I have been thinking long and hard about these intriguing questions... But I must admit that I do not know the answer to them all..

Utilizing google.com I was able to find the answer concerning Pi to the 30th decimal place : 3.141592653589793238462643383280

But the other tidbits of information are not really interesting to me and I don't have time to investigate them.

I hope you find the answers to these questions.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #180 on: October 20, 2010, 03:14:34 PM »

I was only trying to loosen you up a bit.
C'mon, I'll buy you an elevator.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #181 on: October 24, 2010, 04:03:58 PM »
There is no circumference of a triangle, that was a trick question! lol

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #182 on: June 01, 2011, 01:38:32 AM »
I am still available for questions.... You don't have to be shy...

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #183 on: June 04, 2011, 09:10:06 AM »
I am still available for questions.... You don't have to be shy...

What do you think is better for a society, diversity (having many different kinds of people with different cultures and languages) or homogeneity (mostly one type of people, with one dominant language).

We've discussed the legalization of drugs on the forum before and I mostly agreed with you that marijuana should probably be legal, because it's not harmful to the same degree of some other drugs. However I am concerned that some people are so brainwashed into trusting the government that they will think that if something is 'legal', then it must be safe or ok, when that's far from the truth. Belladonna consumption is also legal and that's one of the most dangerous drugs/poisons someone can take.  While most people wouldn't try that because of how dangerous it is, I think many more people would start using marijuana if IT were made legal and suffer the consequences of a lack of drive, short term memory loss, weight gain from munchies, etc. So how can we both safely deregulate this and at the same time remind people that it's still not a good idea even if it is legal?

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #184 on: June 04, 2011, 10:41:53 PM »
I understand this is the Ask Muman thread, but I would like to interject.

While I, personally, think that it should be legal for those who are suffering terrible pain (as my own mother, G-d bless her, did before she went to be with Hashem), I do not agree with it's recreational use.

And even some Rabbis believe that a person who does drugs (with the exception of medical issues) has no place in the world to come and that intoxication separates a person from their soul.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Radio/News.aspx/3115
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #185 on: June 05, 2011, 08:41:30 AM »
I understand this is the Ask Muman thread, but I would like to interject.

While I, personally, think that it should be legal for those who are suffering terrible pain (as my own mother, G-d bless her, did before she went to be with Hashem), I do not agree with it's recreational use.

And even some Rabbis believe that a person who does drugs (with the exception of medical issues) has no place in the world to come and that intoxication separates a person from their soul.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Radio/News.aspx/3115

I've never used it and I don't plan to ever use it unless I would need it for a medical reason like that, but I'd agree with you that using it recreationally is wrong. I just see the need for a smaller government.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #186 on: June 06, 2011, 08:45:16 PM »
Hello RubyStars,

Thank you for these questions...

I will express my opinion on the topics which you presented to me.... I believe that diversity is good for life. Without diversity there would be only boredom. The Jewish sages state that we should learn from everyone, from the average man to the Torah scholar. Everyone has something from which we can learn something. If everyone was the same there would not be such a concept as good and evil, either we would all be good or all be evil... Because the world is full of all kinds of people we have to choose our friends wisely, and choose our activities wisely lest we make mistakes and end up lost.

I believe that the world has such diversity for an express Divine reason. Although the Torah does express the desire to keep species separate, through the concepts of Shatnez , it is only concerning certain materials and certain species of animals. The Jewish law has always allowed converts to join the Jewish people {although we have seen this to be a mistake at certain points in time} and the convert is promised that he or she will be treated well by the Jewish people {commandments to love the convert}.

But there are negative aspects to diversity also. The fact is that there is much evil in the world, and it is spreading to all corners of the world. It is best to raise children protected from the brunt of the immoral media and to try to explain things when the child is old enough. It is surely getting harder to raise children with the proper outlook in todays world. We should not say that every culture is equal. Some cultures espouse some very evil ideologies. I believe from a Jewish perspective that every world-view should be examined in light of the Torah. Those ideologies which are congruous with the Torah should be learned from, those which oppose it should be rejected.

On the question of legalizing some of the lesser drugs.... I have my own opinion on this. I too am against openly legalizing Marijuana. In my youth I used this drug and I know that it is not very dangerous {in light of some of the more dangerous drugs which I also indulged in (cocaine, methamphetamines, Pain-Pills, LSD, Mushrooms)}. But in my experience a persons reaction to THC is very subjective. Some people get lazy, some people get motivated, some people get stupid, some get intelligent. In light of this I believe that kids should not be doing it while they are learning in school. I did not start to use pot till I was 20 years old... {Pretty old compared to kids today who start as young as 12-13}.

I do support legalized Medical Marijuana as we have here in California. As you said it should be available to those in pain. I do believe that pot is effective against some kinds of pain, and it is not as bad for the body as some of the pharmacuetical pain-killers {of which I have been proscribed by Drs}...

All in all I think medical MJ should be available to those whom the doctors believe it can be helpful for.

References:

http://www.aish.com/jl/m/mm/48948976.html

Certain things go together naturally, like peas and carrots. And certain things don't, like toothpaste and orange juice.

The Torah teaches about the power of combinations and warns against mixing the wrong things together. One of these is the prohibition against wearing a mixture of wool and linen in the same piece of clothing, as it is written, "You shall not wear combined fibers, wool and linen together" (Deut. 22:11).

In Hebrew, this forbidden mixture is called "shatnez" (pronounced shot-nezz).

Shatnez is an acronym for "combed, spun and woven," which describes the stages in processing fabric: combing the raw fiber, spinning fibers into a thread, and weaving the threads into cloth.

http://www.closetotorah.com/2010/06/the-basic-halachos-of-shatnez/

Shatnez is a prohibition from the Torah. It is a Mitzvas Lo Saseh (negative commandment) meaning you fulfill this obligation by refraining from doing an action. (In this case it is refraining from wearing, or draping on oneself a garment or fabric containing a forbidden mixture of wool and linen).

There are two verses in the Torah that refer to shatnez. One in Vayikra 19:19, “Ubeged kilayim shatnez lo ya’aleh alecha.” A garment composed of a shatnez mixture should not cover you. And in Devarim 22:11 another expression of this same mitzvah, “Lo silbash shatnez tzemer uphishtim yachdav.” Do not wear shatnez, wool and linen together. The prohibition of shatnez is with wool and linen only. A garment made from any other combination of fibers is permitted to wear.

Shatnez is classified as a form of Kilayim (forbidden mixture of the Torah). There are 4 forms of Kilayim mentioned in the Torah Kilyam of animals, Kilyam of the vineyard, Kilyam of plants and Kilyam of clothes which is also called shatnez.
Our Sages teach us the word shatnez  (שעטנז) is actually an acronym of the words שוע טווי נוז to teach us that the combination is prohibited only if the wool and linen fibers have been combed, spun and woven or twined.

PS: It is clear that the Torah forbids praying and doing the service in the Temple while intoxicated.

http://www.ou.org/torah/article/mitzvah152
Kohanim were prohibited from entering the Temple after drinking a revi’is of an alcoholic beverage (about 4.5 ounces, plus or minus an ounce). Additionally, a rabbi – even a non-kohein – may not render a legal decision after drinking (see Talmud Eiruvin 64a).

The reason for this mitzvah is that it is wholly inappropriate to occupy oneself with important and holy matters, such as the Temple service and Torah study, with impaired judgment. If a kohein performed the service under the influence of alcohol, the service was not valid. (It is equally prohibited even nowadays for a person to pray while under the influence.)

These past few mitzvos – not to enter the Temple drunk, in ripped clothes, or with wild hair – also apply to non-kohanim, albeit to a lesser degree. It would not violate a Biblical injunction were a non-kohein to do so, but it was prohibited as disrespectful to the Temple.

The prohibition against entering the Temple intoxicated applied to both men and women during Temple times; the aspect of rendering a decision while under the influence continues to apply today. This mitzvah is discussed in the Talmud in the tractates of Eiruvin (64a), Kerisos (13b), Sanhedrin (22b) and Zevachim (17b). It is codified in the Mishneh Torah in the first chapter of Hilchos Biyas HaMikdash. It is #73 of the 365 negative mitzvos in the Rambam’s Sefer HaMitzvos. It is not included among the mitzvos that can be fulfilled today in the Chofetz Chaim’s Sefer HaMitzvos HaKatzar.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 08:52:45 PM by muman613 »

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #187 on: June 06, 2011, 09:17:20 PM »
Thanks for the answers

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #188 on: June 07, 2011, 01:17:26 AM »
Someone asked me about the Movie Pi.... I found this clip from YouTube...

Watch it... It explains Gematria and some other numerological issues in Kabbalah...

Here is the movie trailer:

« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 01:28:48 AM by muman613 »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #189 on: June 07, 2011, 02:04:59 AM »
Thanks for the answers

Rubystars,

You are welcome. I love answering questions... (If I can answer them...)

:o

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #190 on: June 07, 2011, 02:16:47 AM »
I hope that my new signature animation is not getting anyone nauseous?!?!

I created several new logos this evening and I hope to change my signature image weekly as I change the Torah portion quotation.

Here are several of the currently completed logos:

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #191 on: June 20, 2011, 06:13:26 PM »
Shalom Muman, it's being a very long time since I asked you a question.

Why is one of the descendents of King David supposed to be Mashiach?
Why not one of the descendents of Moses?
Why didn't King David become Mashiach?
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #192 on: June 22, 2011, 01:03:19 AM »

IrishZionist,

Thank you for these questions. I am not ignoring them. They are some very deep questions and I need some time to think of a proper response.

Thank you,
muman613

PS: I have been doing a good deal of preparation and research to answer this question. Let me just say that King David ranks amongst the most complex characters we have, whose piety and his failings are well known. I hope to write a long exposition which tries to explain the answers to your questions... But I don't expect to have it done before Sunday night...

« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 01:08:25 AM by muman613 »

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #193 on: June 28, 2011, 05:34:23 PM »
Shalom Michael,

One superficial question : how do you find the time to post so much and write so many comments on JTF's forum ? (and, by the way, thank you for all your great contributions to the forum !). I mean, you have a job, a family and you are observant. How do you manage ? Do you work part-time ?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #194 on: June 28, 2011, 08:03:26 PM »
Shalom Michael,

One superficial question : how do you find the time to post so much and write so many comments on JTF's forum ? (and, by the way, thank you for all your great contributions to the forum !). I mean, you have a job, a family and you are observant. How do you manage ? Do you work part-time ?

Well, Since i work on Computers I am always sitting in front of a computer.

While at work I read the news, read the boards, and when I am in between compiling {an operation which can take between 4-10 minutes at times} I find time to post.

I do not post on Shabbat or on Yom Tov {nor do I use the computer}...

My family life is not much to speak of... I spend a lot of time driving to and from work...

I enjoy posting here because I hope that my writing has a positive effect on Jews who read this forum. Since my Teshuva I have tried always to teach anyone willing to learn about Torah and Mitzvots.

I hope that answers some of these questions. I appreciate your kind words and hope to finally be able to answer Irish Zionists questions about King David. I indeed have done a great deal of thinking on this topic and am currently trying to figure out how best to express my answer.

Michael

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #195 on: June 29, 2011, 02:37:28 AM »
Ok, I will split this answer across two posts. I will post the second part tomorrow night...

Question:

Answer:

Shalom IrishZionist, it is a pleasure to answer your questions. I just hope I am able to express the ideas which I have formed in a way which can be understood. As I said earlier King David appears to be a very complex individual from our Torah. Although it can be argued just about every great Jew is a very complex character I still propose that King David is a genuine complex case.

It is very interesting that you posed this question at this particular time. I had a profound 'miracle' moment after last Shabbat while I still was learning from the Parasha of Korach. I listened to a Rabbi who explained a very key point concerning King David which I will discuss in this post. Every time I notice parallels between the Torah portion and current events I am humbled.

One issue to understand is just what Moshiach is and what makes a person Moshiach. The simple meaning of the word Moshiach means 'Anointed'. Thus any king who is anointed in the proscribed manner is called Moshiach. But when we talk about the Moshiach we also refer to the promised redeemer who will again bring the Jewish people to do teshuva, fight the enemy of the Jewish people, and bring a knowledge of G-d to the world while eliminating all evil.

Now let us look closely at some aspects of King Davids life. He was the youngest son of Jesse who nobody had any thought to be the king, as the oldest son was supposed to be enthroned. The oldest son was the most handsome, the most clever and noble of Jesses sons. But through miraculous events all of Jesses sons were not acceptable to Hashem through his prophet Samuel. But eventually when little David was brought before the prophet it was David who would be anointed.

We should discuss the 'lineage' of King David which has been questioned due to his non-Jewish great grandmother. It is not a hidden fact in Judaism that King David sprouted from some rather questionable relations. We read the book of Ruth on Shavuot, the holiday we recall the giving of the Torah at Mount Sinai. But Ruth was a Moabite princess before she converted. The Torah expressly forbids a Jew to marry a Moabite but the sages have explained that this means only Moabite men. Not only that but Ruths great great great grandfather was Balak who was king of Moab at the time of Moses. It is clear that Ruth converted to Judaism but this is another of those questions which are raised when we discuss King David.

King David was mighty but he had flaws. One of the main reasons the Tehillim/Psalms of David are a part of the Jewish Tanach is because through Davids tough life he was able to see Hashem and his love of G-d never ceased.

Why is a descendant of King David destined to be the coming Moshiach? I am not inside Hashems will or thought but I did learn last Saturday night that Hashem made a covenant with David that the Kingship will remain with his descendants as a 'Covenant of Salt'. It is interesting to note that in last weeks Torah portion of Korach we read that one of the gifts to Aaron and his sons, the Kohen/Priests, is a covenant of salt.

The sages (Rashi) explain that Salt is a mineral which preserves food and never spoils. The Arizal points out:

The Hebrew word for salt, melach, is numerically equivalent to 78, which is 3 x 26 [3 x the divine name Havayah, which equals 26]. Similarly, the priestly blessing contains the name Havayah three times: "May Havayah bless you…May Havayah shine His countenance…May Havayah raise his countenance…." These blessings keep the world in existence and are therefore compared to salt, which sustains other items.

Another characteristic of salt is that it cuts down and destroys negative things. It has this capacity because it stems from gevura of holiness. Thus the divine name used in the verse regarding the covenant of salt is Elo-him ["brit elo-hecha"], which is the divine name that embodies gevura. It can therefore transform and "sweeten" the negative forms of severity, since severity is sweetened by its root.

The Sefer Divrei Ha-Yamim contains this quote, “Listen to me, Yerovam and all Israel: Do you not know that the Lord G-d of Israel gave the rule over Israel forever to David and his sons by a covenant of salt?”

While I know this doesn't answer why King Davids descendants should be Moshiach it does show the source for this belief.

B'ezrat Hashem {May it be His will} I will complete this tomorrow night!

See also:
http://www.chabad.org/kabbalah/article_cdo/aid/380604/jewish/The-Kabbalah-of-Salt.htm
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 03:06:11 AM by muman613 »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #196 on: June 29, 2011, 02:42:46 AM »
Here is the video on Parasha Korach which discusses this covenant of salt:

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #197 on: June 30, 2011, 01:22:52 AM »
Let us look at the second of your questions...

Why not one of the descendants of Moses?

I have done a lot of research into this aspect because I truly did not know the answer. Moses himself is the greatest prophet of all time and Hashem says there will never be another prophet on the level of Moshe again. Moses greatness is immense, his traits of humility and clear vision of Hashems laws, the ability to speak face-to-face with Hashem in a lucid state {while all other prophets only had prophecy in trances and dreams}. Moses acted as the very hand of G-d when he brought the plagues onto Egypt and led the people through the sea.

Moses was compared to the entire Jewish people, with Moses on one side of the balance and the rest of the people on the other side of the scale. When the Children of Israel sinned with the Golden Calf {which was caused by the Erev Rav who left Egypt with them} Hashems anger flared against the entire people and G-d threatened to destroy the entire nation. Through Moses heartfelt pleas to the L-rd the people were spared from certain destruction.

The Talmud says:

"No word of blessing that issued from the mouth of the Holy One, blessed be He, even if based upon a condition, was ever withdrawn by Him. How do we know this? From our teacher Moses. For it is said: "Let me alone, that I may destroy them, and blot out their name from under heaven; and I will make of thee a nation mightier and greater than they". Though Moses prayed that this might be mercifully averted and it was cancelled, [the blessing] was nevertheless fulfilled towards his children. For it is said: The sons of Moses: Gershom and Eliezer ... And the sons of Eliezer were Rehabia the chief ... and the sons of Rehabiah were very many. And R. Joseph learnt: They were more than sixty myriads." (Tractate Berachot 7a)

This indicates that Moses children survived and were prosperous. But there is also some evidence that Hashem was not pleased with their absence of Torah study. While the Torah sets out to list the generations of Moses and Aaron, it only lists the children of Aaron and leaves Moses children absent.

These are the generations of Aaron and Moses, on the day G-d spoke to Moses on Mount Sinai (3:1).
These are the sons of Aaron: the oldest Nadav, then Avihu, Elazar and Ithamar (3:2).

The sages explain that this is the verse which proves that a man can be considered a father simply by teaching another person Torah. But the question remains why weren't Moses children listed here? Moses sons were not inspired with the Torah lifestyle as the sons of Aaron were.

I found a very good explanation why the sons of Moses were not considered for being Moshiach... According to this explanation Hashem did not consider them worthy of leadership since they did not experience the Exodus nor did they cross the sea with the people, rather they were in Midian with their mother.

The Midrash Tanchuma (Pinchas 11) relates that Moses had asked Hashem to appoint his sons to be the leader of the Jewish nation but Hashem declined, and the L-rd said to Moses "Your sons sat and did not occupy themselves with Torah. Joshua, who served you, is fitting to serve Israel.”

There are many good lessons concerning Moshiach when we examine Moses. As I often like to say, according to Jewish sources it is said, "The future redemption will mirror the first redemption". This means that the Geula/Redemption will resemble the Exodus from Egypt. This is the reason we learn a lot about the character of Moshiach by examining Moses.

From Sichos in English:

http://www.sichosinenglish.org/books/highlights-of-moshiach/16.htm

Our Sages state:

"Moses was the first Redeemer and he is the final Redeemer."

This does not mean that Moses himself will be the final Redeemer, since Moses is a Levite, whereas Moshiach will come from the family of King David - from the Tribe of Judah. What, then, does this Midrashic statement mean?

Rather, our Sages teach us that through the power of Moses, who was the first Redeemer, shall come Moshiach - the final Redeemer.

The major qualification of Moshiach is assiduous Torah study. Thus, his power and merit to redeem all Jews is through Torah, which is called "the Torah of Moses" and as G-d told him: "Since you are humble it shall be called upon your name." Likewise, the power of Jews to bring the final redemption today is through increased Torah study and its observance.

In the numerical sense, we also find the connection between Moshiach and Moses, as is written, "Until Shiloh comes" - yavo Shiloh, and Moshiach is also called Shiloh.

The Hebrew words yavo Shiloh are the numerical value of Moshiach; and Shiloh is the numerical value of Moshe.

This teaches us that the merit and power for bringing Moshiach is dependent upon the ideal role of Moses - through a wholesome dedication to Torah study and mitzvos.

References:

http://www.partnersintorah.org/parsha-partner/yisro-5767
http://www.hevratpinto.org/pahad_eng/shemot/f_mishpatim_02.html
http://www.askmoses.com/en/article/662,2129999/What-do-we-know-about-the-fate-of-Moses-children.html
http://www.chabad.org/parshah/article_cdo/aid/1530929/jewish/What-Happened-to-Moses-Descendants.htm
http://www.shemayisrael.com/parsha/solomon/archives/bamidbar69.htm
http://www.sichosinenglish.org/books/highlights-of-moshiach/16.htm
http://www.sichosinenglish.org/books/highlights-of-moshiach/10.htm
http://www.chabad.org/parshah/in-depth/plainBody_cdo/AID/2119

I am looking forward to answering the final question tomorrow evening... With Divine Help!

« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 02:08:38 AM by muman613 »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #198 on: June 30, 2011, 01:48:54 AM »
And for anyone who wants to touch on the Kabbalah of Moses... I will post these excerpts I have found:

http://www.partnersintorah.org/parsha-partner/yisro-5767

2) Q: The Arizal, one of the greatest mystics of all time, writes in the name of the Holy Zohar that Moses was a gilgul (reincarnation) of Hevel (Abel), and Yisro was a gilgul of Cain. As all mystical teachings are alluded to in the actual text, where is this fascinating fact hinted to?

A: Rav Chaim Vital notes that this is hinted to by the letters beginning the words אני חתנך יתרו – I am your father-in-law Yisro – which spell the word אחי – my brother. Part of Yisro’s mission in this world was to atone for the sin of Cain in killing Hevel, which he did in several ways. Firstly, he gave his daughter in marriage to a gilgul of Hevel, Moses, which allowed Hevel the descendants which were denied him through his murder (see Bereishis 4:10). The sacrifice brought by Cain did not find favor in Hashem’s eyes (Bereishis 4:5), so Yisro corrected this by bringing proper sacrifices to Hashem (18:12), which were enjoyed not just by him but by Aaron and the elders of the generation. Finally, the Chida writes that while the Torah doesn’t recount the final conversation between Cain and Hevel when they were in the field prior to the murder, the Targum Yonason ben Uziel (Bereishis 4:8) records that a part of it was Cain’s blasphemous claim that there is no Divine judge or process of judgment regarding our actions in this world. He rectified this by suggesting to Moses (18:19-23) the concept of establishing a proper system of courts and judges!

http://www.hevratpinto.org/pahad_eng/shemot/f_mishpatim_02.html

Having eaten of the Tree of Knowledge, Eve brought death into the world (Yalkut Shimoni, Bereshith 32). She was reincarnated as Batiah, the daughter of Pharaoh, thanks to whom the world would survive because she “drew him [Moses] from the water” (Exodus 2:10). Thus she had the merit of bearing the name “bat Y-h” (“daughter of Hashem”), the work of His hands, like Eve. Now according to the Zohar, Eve also brought about Abel’s death (Tikkun Zohar 69:118b). Batiah, however, saved Moses. We may therefore say that it was by the merit of Batiah (the reincarnation of Eve) that Moses (the reincarnation of Abel) saved the Children of Israel from Egypt and gave them the Torah. Therefore Batiah completely atoned for the sin of Eve.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 02:13:52 AM by muman613 »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #199 on: July 01, 2011, 02:13:36 AM »
Shalom Everyone!

Here I go again trying to explain concepts which are bigger than I am. Realize that I am only speaking from the perspective of a Jew who only really began studying Tanach eight years ago but I hope by now I have a grasp of the subject matter.

Well I don't think that Hashem considered him worthy of that, nor were the Jewish people prepared, and it was not the right time. Of course each of those issues which I listed could have been but weren't.

As I said in my first answer, King David lived a very difficult life. He was so righteous that we cannot even compare ourselves to him, yet the Sages have explained to us that even King David failed at one of the tests which he was given. And what is even more amazing is that the test he was given was at King Davids own request. From this we learn that we should never ask Hashem for a test, lest he give us one tailor made for our weakness, and we fail that test.

King David felt so secure in his righteousness and his cleaving to Hashem that he asked him for a test. And Hashem sent Bathsheba into his life, to tempt him, and he should take her with the appearance of impropriety. I have written in the Torah section many years ago how the Sages explain how King David did not truly sin, yet the appearance of the sin is a stain on his record.

I have also written on JTF before that virtually every great character in our Torah has a weakness, and or a failing. None of our Forefathers are perfect in all traits, although they all are giants in their good traits. I just posted in the Torah section about how this Shabbats Parasha recounts Moses failure to precisely obey the word of Hashem.

Hashem deals with the Jewish people, and the world, with a trait called 'Middah Keneged Middah", which means 'Measure for Measure' or also 'trait for trait'. This is the source of all justice, that one must repay the other for any damages done. This is also similar to the concept of 'Karma' in some ways, that what you do to others will ultimately be done to you.

King David was an awesome leader and could have been Moshiach, Im pretty sure, but so could have Moses been the Moshiach, and he could have entered the land, but it was not to be.

Remember that Hashem, through his awesome and powerful name, 'Havaya' encompasses all of time and space, it means "He was, He is, He will be" and what should be the intention in mind when thinking of this name is that Hashem is not limited by time nor space. Time is only a concern to this reality we live in, and thus we cannot comprehend how free-will fits in with Hashems divine plan.

Hashem will send Moshiach in his appointed time. Through a combination of scenarios that we cannot foretell the redeemer will reveal himself. The traits of the Moshiach must be right, the people must be ready to receive him, and it must be the appointed time...

King David was not permitted to build the Beit Mikdash {Holy Temple} due to having waged too many wars and having 'blood on his hands'.

Here is the answer Rabbi Moshe Goldman from Chabad gives:

http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/625408/jewish/Was-King-David-wrong-for-waging-so-many-battles.htm

Question:

I've heard it said that King David was denied the opportunity to build the Holy Temple because he had "blood on his hands" from the many wars he waged. If this is the case, why do we hold David in such high esteem? Why was he chosen to be the progenitor of the Moshiach?

Answer:

You are correct. King David told his son Solomon:

"But the word of G‑d was upon me, saying: 'You have shed much blood, and you have waged great wars; you shall not build a house in My Name because you have shed much blood to the ground before Me. Behold a son will be born to you. He will be a man of peace, and I shall give him peace from all his enemies around about . . . He shall build a House in My Name.'"   (I Chronicles 22:8-10.)

We always need to concern ourselves with one question only: "What does G‑d want from me right here, right now?" For David, the answer was to go to war to protect his nation against the various military threats that they faced. The fact that later on he was not allowed to build the Temple is no indication that his warfare was a black mark on his record. It was simply incompatible with the peaceful nature of the Temple.

A simple analogy: You are walking to a black tie dinner, and you pass by a muddy swamp. You notice someone sinking in the mucky water, screaming for help, so you jump in and save him. The guy you rescued thanks you profusely and goes on his way—but you won't really feel comfortable continuing on to the black tie dinner in your muddy, dripping suit. Chances are that security will escort you out if you do decide to make an appearance.

So does that mean that you now regret saving the drowning man?