Author Topic: A lot of Chinese people messaging me on Skype  (Read 2339 times)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
A lot of Chinese people messaging me on Skype
« on: August 27, 2008, 09:54:34 AM »
I keep getting messaged on Skype by Chinese saying "Hello my name is blah blah, I would like to improve my English with you, what is your name?", it's kind of creepy because I get a lot of these. They will try to call me speaking in broken english, i'm all for a discussion but some of the questions they ask seem to be rather personal. I know censorship in China is really strict and the government owns the telephone lines so they try to prevent people from using online voice services or VOIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol), are they that isolated or are they trying to reach out to people or help? Is there another scam involved that i'm not aware of? Let me know your opinions.

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
Re: A lot of Chinese people messaging me on Skype
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 10:21:37 AM »
Be very careful WI. I use Skype extensively as I have staff outside the US, so I leave it up all the time. I get a lot of trolling like you describe. They will make friends with you and over the course of time try to get you to divulge personal information. I usually block them when they try, but there are a hundred more to take their place.
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 11:01:14 AM »
I used to get a lot of messages from lonely Arab men when I would go into chat rooms frequently. They would private message and harass any female nickname. I just started telling them that I was only interested in white Christians and some of them told me I was really evil for that. lol Other times I just ignored it.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 11:02:22 AM »
This sounds to me like a Chinese version of the various Nigerian scams we know and love.  ::)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 11:04:34 AM »
This sounds to me like a Chinese version of the various Nigerian scams we know and love.  ::)

I think you're right about that C.F. They could be trying to hit him up for money. I never understood how people could be so stupid to fall for those things though. There's this guy Dave Ramsay I listen to on the radio sometimes who is a Christian person who helps people with financial advice and he's always getting calls from people who were scammed or whose relatives were scammed by this. I keep thinking... how in the world can you be so stupid?

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 11:09:00 AM »

I think you're right about that C.F. They could be trying to hit him up for money. I never understood how people could be so stupid to fall for those things though. There's this guy Dave Ramsay I listen to on the radio sometimes who is a Christian person who helps people with financial advice and he's always getting calls from people who were scammed or whose relatives were scammed by this. I keep thinking... how in the world can you be so stupid?

Yes those people

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2008, 03:04:22 PM »
The problem is that many Christians are filled with misplaced generosity, thinking that they are Biblically commanded to humor every Joe Schmo with a sob story of hard times. We're not. This problem has gotten worse lately, with the likes of shysters such as Rick Warren telling us our biggest priorities should be causes such as AIDS in Africa and world poverty and the like. This isn't true: Jesus even said that we will always have the poor with us (Matthew 26:11), in an effort to show us that this is not the only thing we should be concerned with. Nor did he say that everybody is worthy of our aid and attention; in fact, he explicitly said that the Fakestinians are not (Matt 15:26).

Anyway, that's my two cents.

Offline firster555

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2008, 09:25:28 PM »
 Guess I am giving away my age here but what the heck is Skype?
In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man. Brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2008, 09:27:20 PM »
Skype (IPA: [skaɪp]) is software that allows users to make telephone calls over the Internet. Calls to other users of the service and to free-of-charge numbers are free, while calls to other landlines and mobile phones can be made for a fee. Additional features include instant messaging, file transfer and video conferencing.

Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2008, 09:47:22 PM »
The problem is that many Christians are filled with misplaced generosity, thinking that they are Biblically commanded to humor every Joe Schmo with a sob story of hard times. We're not. This problem has gotten worse lately, with the likes of shysters such as Rick Warren telling us our biggest priorities should be causes such as AIDS in Africa and world poverty and the like. This isn't true: Jesus even said that we will always have the poor with us (Matthew 26:11), in an effort to show us that this is not the only thing we should be concerned with. Nor did he say that everybody is worthy of our aid and attention; in fact, he explicitly said that the Fakestinians are not (Matt 15:26).

We are supposed to help the poor though. It is true however that, for example, the United States as a nation has no responsibility to help Africa's poor.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2008, 09:49:12 PM »

I can understand people who are legitimately poor but there are a lot of scam artists and druggies out there who are parasites to society, I saw 3 people faking to be war vets in the past few days here that were claiming to be homeless, one was sitting in a wheel chair with a dog and the sign said "homeless man + dog, please help with money"
we followed him one day and he lived in a nice house with a car.
We are supposed to help the poor though. It is true however that, for example, the United States as a nation has no responsibility to help Africa's poor.

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2008, 07:30:00 AM »
I think as long as there is no money or personal info involved, they probably just want to practice English with a real live speaker. 

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2008, 10:30:48 AM »
I've gotten that from various countries.
I would just ignore them. Dont give in to guilt. You owe them nothing.
I don't know what they want, but it really does sound like they just want to learn english.

The ones who call me on skype never asked anything really personal like SSN, or address. But who knows, maybe they're just building up to it. It's also a very slow painful way of getting personal information.

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2008, 01:36:20 PM »
I think as long as there is no money or personal info involved, they probably just want to practice English with a real live speaker. 

That is possible, I have had Japanese talk with me on Skype and Paltalk who are improving their english, but Japanese aren't known for theft and they are quite isolated as I usually rarely meet any online. Japanese have been polite and never get too personal. I don't have a problem with Chinese, but when they start asking me things like pictures of myself and stuff like that, makes me a bit leery.

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2008, 01:40:30 PM »

That is possible, I have had Japanese talk with me on Skype and Paltalk who are improving their english, but Japanese aren't known for theft and they are quite isolated as I usually rarely meet any online. Japanese have been polite and never get too personal. I don't have a problem with Chinese, but when they start asking me things like pictures of myself and stuff like that, makes me a bit leery.

Just send them picture and email for American Hero...  ;D

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2008, 01:41:10 PM »

What :::D

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2008, 01:44:41 PM »

American Hero, could you email me your picture?

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2008, 01:45:52 PM »

American Hero, could you email me your picture?

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2008, 01:49:36 PM »
Quick Post. Was at #666!!!!   

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2008, 01:50:20 PM »
Quick Post. Was at #666!!!!   

You are the devil :::D

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2008, 01:56:04 PM »
Real Devil!!  The one and the same. Note similarities.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2008, 01:58:37 PM »
Real Devil!!  The one and the same. Note similarities.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2008, 02:01:00 PM »
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 02:23:42 PM by Americanhero »

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2008, 06:34:22 PM »

Yeah..never give them your picture.  I've heard Nigerians and others will use your picture to seduce someone on the internet so they can use the address of person they seduce in the US for credit card fraud.  Paranoia can be good!

O0