Author Topic: A" funny" story I came across  (Read 1192 times)

Offline Fonzworth

• Full JTFer
  • How in the hell could israel free Kuntar!!!
A" funny" story I came across
« on: August 27, 2008, 05:27:24 PM »
A story I came across.

This is a true story, told by the son of the main character.

His father is a prominent Modern Orthodox rabbi, and he was well known in political circles. The year that Jesse Jackson was trying to become president, the Democratic National Convention was held on Tisha B'Av. The rabbi was invited to the DNC, and went to it. To make things worse, a few weeks before the convention, Jackson made the infamous "Hymietown" statement, which eventually cost him the last shot at presidency. To make things even worse, this Rabbi was the only visible Jew in the entire convention, so legions of reporters wanted to interview him after Jesse Jackson's speech.

So half an hour before the fast is over; he is very thirsty, and the line of reporters is barely getting any shorter. His friend, a very very rich Reform Jew, sees that he is thirsty, and gives him a Coke. Seeing that he is not drinking it, she asks him why he doesn't drink it.

He says that he is observing a fast. She asks 'what fast?' He answers Tisha B'Av. She asks what it is about. He thinks about it for a second, and then asks her if she knows the Great Temple in Jerusalem. She scoffs "Of course I do. I may be reform, but what kind of ignoramus do you take me for?"

Now keep in mind, she is very rich. And if you go to the Great Synagogue of Jerusalem, you will see her family's plaque, for a 6 digit donation. Which is what she thinks he means when he says the Great Temple of Jerusalem.

So he tells her: well we are mourning that it was destroyed. She cries out: "The Temple was destroyed?? THOSE F***ING ARAB BASTARDS!"

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
Re: A" funny" story I came across
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 05:32:10 PM »
 :::D Oh the innocent ol' liberal reporter who loves Arabs. (Sarcastically)
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline Fonzworth

• Full JTFer
  • How in the hell could israel free Kuntar!!!
Re: A" funny" story I came across
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 04:39:36 PM »
bump