Author Topic: Schwarzenegger might be no show at Republican convention  (Read 1412 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Schwarzenegger might be no show at Republican convention
« on: August 27, 2008, 03:29:17 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080827/ap_on_el_pr/cvn_gop_convention_schwarzenegger   

Maybe maria shriver Kennedy put down the law to him :-\ ;D

By JULIET WILLIAMS, Associated Press Writer
19 minutes ago

SACRAMENTO, Calif. - When the Republican convention opens Monday night, its prime-time lineup could be missing one of its biggest draws: California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger.

ADVERTISEMENT

Shackled by the mundane business of state government, Schwarzenegger is vowing to remain in California if lawmakers fail to reach agreement on a state budget, now two months overdue.

"The work for the people of California, and to solve this budget problem, is the most important thing right now for me," Schwarzenegger said Wednesday during a news conference in Los Angeles.

A budget deal by showtime seems unlikely at this point, potentially costing Schwarzenegger a national platform and Republican candidate John McCain a high-profile supporter who has been popular with the kind of independent voter McCain hopes to attract.

Schwarzenegger's absence also would be a letdown for the TV networks, which would lose one of the biggest potential draws on the convention's opening night. Other speakers scheduled for Monday include President Bush, Vice President Dick Cheney and numerous members of Congress.

Schwarzenegger's failure to commit is proving to be a source of frustration for convention organizers, who like to nail down their programs well in advance. Given the star power of the actor turned politician, they'll still squeeze him into a prime slot if they can get him.

The stalled budget already forced Schwarzenegger to curtail nearly all appearances this summer. His efforts to cajole lawmakers into a compromise have repeatedly fallen flat.

California is the only state with a fiscal year beginning July 1 that has not approved a spending plan.

Lawmakers remain at odds over how to close a $15.2 billion budget gap, with Republicans adamantly opposed to any tax increases and Democrats seeking to avoid massive program cuts.

Most Democratic lawmakers already made the decision to stay home and miss their historic convention in Denver this week. The majority party likely won't be motivated to strike a deal with their Republican counterparts in time for them to attend next week's GOP convention.

Organizers of the St. Paul, Minn., convention still hold out hope that Schwarzenegger will show. Because his speech is scheduled for the Labor Day holiday, he could fly in and out on his private jet without missing any state business.

"We recognize his responsibilities in California and we'll certainly work with him regarding scheduling should that issue arise," convention spokeswoman Melissa Subbotin said.

She declined to say whether organizers were considering another option: a Schwarzenegger appearance by satellite from Sacramento, as Republican Gov. Pete Wilson did in 1992 during a similar budget stalemate
 His wife maria must wear the pants in the family
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 03:33:13 PM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Schwrzenegger might be no show at Republican convention
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 03:33:07 PM »
I'm pretty sure I heard him state on the radio that he supports Obama....  Can't remember exactly tho

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: Schwarzenegger might be no show at Republican convention
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 03:34:08 PM »
Not surprised. Schwarzeneggay actually makes McCain look like a right-wing fanatic.  ::)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: Schwrzenegger might be no show at Republican convention
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 03:34:45 PM »
I'm pretty sure I heard him state on the radio that he supports Obama....  Can't remember exactly tho
He's a Rino he's very liberal like Bloomberg
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 03:35:45 PM »
Not surprised. Schwarzeneggay actually makes McCain look like a right-wing fanatic.  ::)
True ;D ;D ;D

Shot at 2010-01-03

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 04:24:55 PM »
Schvartzefagger is a human that Planet Earth would be better off without.

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2008, 05:28:50 PM »
He is truly illiterate and everytime he opens his mouth, It just reminds me how stupid the California people are.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2008, 06:10:55 PM »
Schvartzefagger... Dyke Doomberg... UGGH>:( >:( >:(

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2008, 06:26:38 PM »
He is truly illiterate and everytime he opens his mouth, It just reminds me how stupid the California people are.

We have smart people from CA on this board though.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2008, 06:29:40 PM »
Yeah but it is true, overall. The problem isn't wetbacks and schvartzes either--real power is in the hands of self-hating Bolshevik whites. California whites tend to have a pretty high standard of living (well, at least they did until the current economic tanking), and as income, education, and sophistication rise, so does leftism.  :(

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2008, 06:35:30 PM »
In some ways his being there really helps Republicans because it gives Republicans a little star power for a change. He was great at making action movies, and that's what people most remember about him. I hope he can make it.

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2008, 07:20:05 PM »
He strikes me as the type that would support Obama.  He is really nothing more than just a big name.

Offline GodGunsAndGlory

• Full JTFer
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2008, 08:37:57 PM »
He can't go to the RNC because the the budget won't be passed and he said he would stay in California if it isn't.

John and Ken which are radio hosts in California organized a phone bomb to show people don't want a tax hike.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2008, 09:03:37 PM »
John and Ken are right on on immigration (their position is close to Chaim's), decent on race, fair on Israel, and terrible on social issues. Still, they are worlds better than the likes of Rush Limfraud or Michael Faggot.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2008, 01:51:00 PM »
Maybe his steroids did not come in

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2008, 02:12:19 PM »
In some ways his being there really helps Republicans because it gives Republicans a little star power for a change. He was great at making action movies, and that's what people most remember about him. I hope he can make it.
Are we talking about the Presidency of the United States?
Who needs star power  ???
I'll be glad if he stays home.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.